PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones, say hello to your new best friends:

Pages : [1] 2

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 09:20 AM
The Texas defensive line. Ocho, Randall, Houston, Alexander, and Kindle. They're really nice guys, and they are looking forward to spending some really quality personal time with you in October. They're way more friendly than those guys at Potato State and Tulsa--you can count on some really personal interaction, especially from Kindle. He's sure to be someone you will get to know very well. Anyway, take care, and they will see you soon.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 09:22 AM
So, your d-line is going to be on our sideline? isn't that a penalty?

edit: oh and fear the stache, motha f**ka!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/21/2009, 09:22 AM
Ghey.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2009, 09:27 AM
Please, our d-line will be more in touch with McCoy than yours with Landry. Oh, and Kindle still should have been flagged for that hit on Potts!

Sooner in Tampa
9/21/2009, 09:29 AM
And these ****heads wonder why everybody hates them...Bevo, Burnt Orange, and Smack suck!

I love it that we get to shut them *******s up!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
9/21/2009, 09:29 AM
Please, our d-line will be more in touch with McCoy than yours with Landry. Oh, and Kindle still should have been flagged for that hit on Potts!

THIS!!!

DakotaSooner
9/21/2009, 09:33 AM
If Bevo would have impaled Shipley after that punt return, I might have had a seizure from laughing too hard.

adoniijahsooner
9/21/2009, 09:34 AM
The Texas defensive line. Ocho, Randall, Houston, Alexander, and Kindle. They're really nice guys, and they are looking forward to spending some really quality personal time with you in October. They're way more friendly than those guys at Potato State and Tulsa--you can count on some really personal interaction, especially from Kindle. He's sure to be someone you will get to know very well. Anyway, take care, and they will see you soon.

This is a pretty cute thread you conjured up; but I think I your QB may miss a few people on our team.

http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=493&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=2450826

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/090B8DVaa489h/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01xE4z27zee9g/610x.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0306/ncf_i_mccoy_576.jpg

madillsoonerfan5353
9/21/2009, 09:36 AM
Kindle is the biggest ****ing joke for a pass rusher I've ever seen!! The Saxet D is so overrated and will be exposed Oct. 17! Mccoy a heisman front runner my ***! Kindle had one tackle that I remember and it should've got a flag!!! Mccoy will meet the best D-Line in the country like he has the last three years!! BOOMER!!!

SOFSooner
9/21/2009, 09:40 AM
I watched the shorthorn game against TT and if that is any indication of your defense then the Sooners could score more than 63 this year.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/21/2009, 09:40 AM

yOUr post is void because you don't even know your own players you jackass! It's not ocho, I don't the spelling but I know it starts with an A!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/21/2009, 09:43 AM
A-hole?

bweezie
9/21/2009, 09:46 AM
you can count on some really personal interaction, especially from Kindle. He's sure to be someone you will get to know very well. Anyway, take care, and they will see you soon.

maybe over a couple of beers? just make sure he has a DD while he's in Dallas.

IslandSooner
9/21/2009, 09:48 AM
Tuck Fexas

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 10:05 AM
At least there are a few Sooners who still think you guys have a chance against us.

picasso
9/21/2009, 10:08 AM

Is this to be considered smack?

And you know if I have to ask that question that means it's weak sauce. Or in your case special sauce.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/21/2009, 10:09 AM
man gravy

beer4me
9/21/2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.dogmall.co.uk.nyud.net/smile/animated/anim_03.gif (http://www.dogmall.co.uk/dog-books/dog-psychology-books/)

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 10:16 AM
I love how two home blowouts against weak opposition have restored your views. Anyway, it's gonna be ugly--just like last year.

sooneron
9/21/2009, 10:16 AM
At least there are a few Sooners who still think you guys have a chance against us.

After Saturday night... yeah, quite a few. Your team rallied when it needed to, but FUGLY!

And yes, I couldn't believe that Austin's #1 after dark driver that leaves the scene of an accident didn't get flagged for the helmet to chin hit on Potts. Of course, Potts got right up, so maybe the dumbass that can't miss an apartment building with an automobile doesn't hit so hard. I guess he lets his car do the hitting for him.

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 10:17 AM
last year wasn't ugly tho.......

47straight
9/21/2009, 10:22 AM
Can we count on some more helmet-to-helmet hits from Kindle? As long as the ref is a grandson of a famous Texas football coach, we know it won't get flagged.

NormanPride
9/21/2009, 10:23 AM
That one highlight Sergio had was pretty sick, but it should have been flagged. And holy crap does Tech's line suck right now...

picasso
9/21/2009, 10:23 AM
I love how two home blowouts against weak opposition have restored your views. Anyway, it's gonna be ugly--just like last year.

Yes, so ugly last year that your exit area needed to be unpuckered on occasion.

sooneron
9/21/2009, 10:27 AM
This thread is entirely ghey. That's it, I'm burying it...

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 10:37 AM
beating tech by 10 points at home...new qb for tech.....

texas did not look impressive.... and mack brown knows is

what makes you think texas will win the big 12 this year? I mean Mack has only won in once before??? the odds are not with texas.. ha

sooneron
9/21/2009, 10:37 AM
beating tech by 10 points at home...new qb for tech.....

texas did not look impressive.... and mack brown knows is

what makes you think texas will win the big 12 this year? I mean Mack has only won in once before??? the odds are not with texas.. ha

Thanks for assisting in the burial of this gay thread.:rolleyes:

Position Limit
9/21/2009, 10:39 AM
a cheap hit late in the the game to secure a win and thats what gives you confidence in texas? at night? at home? your revenge game? mack whining to espn again? colt and shipley lookin gay as ever? this is what you base your confidence on? news for you pal, tech sucks. wyoming sucks. texas sucks. hey, by the way who does texas play next?

kbsooner21
9/21/2009, 10:40 AM
What makes you think Landry Jones will even play?

JLEW1818
9/21/2009, 10:41 AM
the 4 non-conference opponents texas plays, 2 of them are in the bottom 100, the other 2 are in bottom 80...... i doubt some of those teams even have a pulse.

if texas has the same record as 2 other teams... i will smile

Tulsa_Fireman
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/TGLucario/Funny/GayThread.jpg

o0Dan0o
Why are we talking about a game that's 4 weeks away?
Dan

BombaySooner
9/21/2009, 10:56 AM
5 movies releasing 'that' Saturday of October -
McCoy meets McCoy part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. :pop:

sooneron
9/21/2009, 11:03 AM
Why are we talking about a game that's 4 weeks away?
Dan

It's really the uterus fans talking about it. You see, once again, the uterus ath dept has failed to set up a really solid ooc schedule... They scheduled teck earlier just so it would look like the schedule was difficult.

stoopified
9/21/2009, 11:05 AM
I'll LMAO if Braford can't play AND UT loses to OUr second best QB,Landry.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 02:05 PM
It's really the uterus fans talking about it. You see, once again, the uterus ath dept has failed to set up a really solid ooc schedule... They scheduled teck earlier just so it would look like the schedule was difficult.

Yeah, you're OOC schedule really worked out. You lost to a team that gave up 54 points at home to an unranked team. Congrats.

Fraggle145
9/21/2009, 02:09 PM

You mean he is going to drive into his apartment while he is "texting?"

*burp*

8timechamps
9/21/2009, 02:11 PM
Any texas fan that is "confident" in their team's abilities either:

A. Dropped as a child
B. Hasn't actually watched them play this year.
C. Hasn't followed football since the 63-14 pounding.
D. Was born with a baby arm hanging from their forehead head, and is waiting to do a TLC special on reproduction gone awry, and the resulting products.

htownsooner7
9/21/2009, 02:15 PM
How'd you feel when this happened?

http://www.40acressports.com/2006/11/29/video-kellen-heard-cheap-shots-colt-mccoy/

Gresho Murford
9/21/2009, 02:29 PM
How'd you feel when this happened?

http://www.40acressports.com/2006/11/29/video-kellen-heard-cheap-shots-colt-mccoy/

shouldn't have been a penalty

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 02:30 PM
Considering the best hit on Colt took place about seven yards out-of-bounds and that we leveled poor Sam, yes, I feel fairly confident.

Sooner4FCD
9/21/2009, 02:34 PM
Considering the best hit on Colt took place about seven yards out-of-bounds and that we leveled poor Sam, yes, I feel fairly confident.

Was that before or after poor Sam threw for almost 400 yards and 5 TDs?

8timechamps
9/21/2009, 02:35 PM

I'm glad you feel confident about last year's team. That's always important.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 02:35 PM

Hey FF, I would like to introduce you to your new best friend, wiener in your butt. I know it took you a while to break the news to all of your OU friends but its ok, weve known for a while

Gresho Murford
9/21/2009, 02:37 PM

exactly. TU fans pretend that Sam didn't play well in that game

Collier11
9/21/2009, 02:39 PM
they also act like their D played well when ours didnt, truth is neither D played that well, theirs did make more plays in the last 10 minutes though

8timechamps
9/21/2009, 02:45 PM
Any texas fan with a brain (I know, that's an oxymoron) can see the departure of Orakpo has changed everything with this defense.

TexasLidig8r
9/21/2009, 03:02 PM
Based on what I have seen so far...

1. We are not as good as I thought we would be. Colt has been inconsistent compared to last year (granted, he was down with the flu and did not practice until a light work out on Thursday of this past week), but even still, he has been pressing and it shows.

2. Out defensive line has been better than I thought. Acho has played very well and Okafor, even as a true freshman looks very promising. Kindle has been a bit disappointing.

3. Linebackers have been servicable. Norton out for the year and will be seeking a medical redshirt.

4. DBs have been inconsistent.. when playing press, man to man coverage, they look all worldy.. when they play a zone, or soft cover 2, we get burned.

5. Buckner has been a great surprise and is playing the slot/tight end position Shipley occupied last year very well. He is quick and hits the inside seam routes very effectively. He could give your linebackers a lot of trouble.

6. Tre Newton has shown flashes of brilliance. Granted, he played in a very similar offense in high school, he finds the creases created by the O line and shows that initial burst. Very happy with him.

As for Ou..

Defense....

1. Pretty much what I thought you would be. Front 7 looks very strong, perhaps the best in the nation, although linebackers, particularly Reynolds are not as quick. That could be a big issue on Oct. 17 (see, Buckner).

2. Your DBs can be had, particularly the safeties.

3. Your offensive line could continue to be a huge issue through the end of the season. It is never good when your "self admitted" best blocker has to change jerseys and go from TE to center and back. The lack of experience led to Bradford being hurt and undue pressure put on Jones by Potato State aggy.

In short, we just don't know about Ou yet. At the start of the year, the mantra on here was... "WOO HOO... No. 8 is in the bag!" After game 1 it was, "OH GOD, we suck! We're gonna lose 4 games this year at least.. our OL sucks! We're DOOMED!" Now, after playing a glorified high school team and a nonBCS school who lost their offensive genius this past year, you're back to, "WOO HOO... No. 8 can be OURS!" [ignoring the offensive line woes haven't gone away but have been disguised due to poor competition]

October 17, as usual, shapes up to be again.. transcendent.

Gresho Murford
9/21/2009, 03:05 PM
Defense....

1. Pretty much what I thought you would be. Front 7 looks very strong, perhaps the best in the nation, although linebackers, particularly Reynolds are not as quick. That could be a big issue on Oct. 17 (see, Buckner).

3. Your offensive line could continue to be a huge issue through the end of the season. It is never good when your "self admitted" best blocker has to change jerseys and go from TE to center and back. The lack of experience led to Bradford being hurt and undue pressure put on Jones by Potato State aggy.

In short, we just don't know about Ou yet. At the start of the year, the mantra on here was... "WOO HOO... No. 8 is in the bag!" After game 1 it was, "OH GOD, we suck! We're gonna lose 4 games this year at least.. our OL sucks! We're DOOMED!" Now, after playing a glorified high school team and a nonBCS school who lost their offensive genius this past year, you're back to, "WOO HOO... No. 8 can be OURS!" [ignoring the offensive line woes haven't gone away but have been disguised due to poor competition]

October 17, as usual, shapes up to be again.. transcendent.

Are CBs are excellent. That is all

Desert Sapper
9/21/2009, 03:15 PM
Actually, Brody moving back to his natural position has helped our O-Line immensely. He was not ready to play C. If we play BYU again right now, we win by three TDs.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 03:17 PM
As for Ou..

Defense....

Agree

Our CB are as lock down as they come, our safeties havent really been tested over the top, Miami will try to do that. I am still worried about the middle of the field where you guys took adv of us last yr.

weve given up 2 sacks in 3 games I believe, we need to get the O-line settled but I would say they are doing ok. You guys have given up 3.

we are avg 4.9ypc
you are avg 4.2ypc

So whose O-line is more of an issue at this point? Moving eldridge to O-line was a bad move, losing SB sucks, it cost us a game although it will help us next yr with the experience Landry is getting.

In short, we just don't know about Ou yet. .

I agree, If we can get SB back and healthy we could win out, we could also go 10-3, we will just have to see how we progress. I think the off week is huge at this point in the season, while we are playing better this will give us 2 weeks to get the remaining issues ironed out hopefully.

I think the fact that we will have played 4 average to pretty good teams before we play you guys will also help a ton, you will have only played 1

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 03:18 PM
I want Dominique Franks to step up in a great way

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/21/2009, 03:27 PM
So what you are saying is that the three personal fouls on McCoy last year when he as a)bareley touched and b)tripped over his own feet should be non calls then because a helmet to helmet spear is ok. We shall remember that when you whine and bitch about McCoy being touched by OU's d all day.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 03:34 PM
All the negatives I saw vs. BYU were erased by all the positives I saw vs Tulsa. That being said, Miami is going to be like the first game of the year-a clean slate.

Raiders-Longhorns was the first UT game I saw of the season, and, while I thought they would blow Tech out of the water, I was more impressed with Tech than I was disappointed in Texas. Texas looked about equal to us offensively, worse defensively. It could be that Texas peaks at in a few weeks vs. us. Shipley is a great player.

1. They have Shipley, but we have one hell of a WR in Broyles, no matter who the QB is.
2. But do we have a VIABLE 2nd WR? Will Caleb be able to continue his play making ability? Can we continue to find more weapons against Miami and have the WRs play lights out vs. Texas? If not, we will lose both of these games. IF Caleb contributes, we have the edge because we throw to Brown and Murray.
3. Our o-line is still relatively untested. Miami will give us about as much trouble as Texas. Our o-line paved the way for 45 points in 3 quarters last week, including 6 passing TDs, and some dropped sure-TDs. The run game is continuing to develop. And like I said, we can throw screens to get DM and CB going. The WRs and o-line will feed off each other.
4. Sam Bradford>Colt McCoy>Landry Jones. We need Sam in these big games. He knows to to handle the pressure. He knows how to lead the offense. We aren't completely screwed with Landry, but starting a freshman in the RRS does not bode well.

Gresho Murford
9/21/2009, 03:40 PM
starting a freshman in the RRS does not bode well.

The last freshman we started did pretty well

meoveryouxinfinity
9/21/2009, 03:47 PM
The last freshman we started did pretty well

Well... true. McCoy for Texas in 2006 and Bradford for us in 2007 lol

utex74
9/21/2009, 03:54 PM

I learned a long time ago that this game was not one where you want to let your mouth overload your hip pocket ahead of time. Comes back to bite you more often than not. Plus, I don't think it is good form to come onto someone elses board and just throw **** out there. That's just me, even if I really do hope you are proven a prophet.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/21/2009, 04:11 PM

Don't start talking about weak opponents until you spend extensive time looking in the mirror. UT's non-conference schedule is a joke!

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 05:07 PM

After--you know, at the most important part of the game, when Sam was rendered ineffective.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 05:09 PM
Hey FF, I would like to introduce you to your new best friend, wiener in your butt. I know it took you a while to break the news to all of your OU friends but its ok, weve known for a while

Nice one. Now log off the computer in the break room and get back on the selling floor.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=meoveryouxinfinity;2711206]All the negatives I saw vs. BYU were erased by all the positives I saw vs Tulsa.

Does anyone else find this statement to be as funny as I do?

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 05:13 PM
I learned a long time ago that this game was not one where you want to let your mouth overload your hip pocket ahead of time. Comes back to bite you more often than not. Plus, I don't think it is good form to come onto someone elses board and just throw **** out there. That's just me, even if I really do hope you are proven a prophet.

Well, if you don't think it's good form, or you're scared, do us all a favor and don't bother.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 05:14 PM
as funny as your guys schedule I suppose

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 05:15 PM
Don't start talking about weak opponents until you spend extensive time looking in the mirror. UT's non-conference schedule is a joke!

I think this season has confirmed that having a tough OOC schedule is a great thing, unless, like Ohio State and OU, you lose the game, lol.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 05:19 PM
well lets see, we had a tougher sched last year and passed you idiots in the BCS

you idiots have another sorry sched, I bet if we end up tied again we pass you again, nice try

theresonly1OU
9/21/2009, 06:55 PM
I think this season has confirmed that having a tough OOC schedule is a great thing, unless, like Ohio State and OU, you lose the game, lol.

Go ahead, hide behind your weak-*** OOC. Look where it got you last year.

And lol at having to schedule a freaking conference game in the 3rd week because your other games were soo pathetic that the #2 team in the country couldn't get a nationally televised game on ESPN.

And even then, you win by 10 at home against a team with a new QB and no star WR.

I'm sure Stoops and co. are shaking in their boots.

SCxxSOONER
9/21/2009, 08:02 PM
Go away. You barely beat tech at your home field, played no one in the ooc, and we lost early, we will win out and win the Big 12 like always.

AlbqSooner
9/21/2009, 08:08 PM
I love posts #58 and #64. Freakin tessicans calling each other out.:D :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/21/2009, 08:12 PM
The Texas defensive line. Ocho, Randall, Houston, Alexander, and Kindle. They're really nice guys, and they are looking forward to spending some really quality personal time with you in October. They're way more friendly than those guys at Potato State and Tulsa--you can count on some really personal interaction, especially from Kindle. He's sure to be someone you will get to know very well. Anyway, take care, and they will see you soon.You're on the wrong message board. whornsuckhard.com would be a good fit for your ilk.

9/21/2009, 08:15 PM
. Anyway, it's gonna be ugly--just like last year.How much does the ut pay those longwhorn refs, anyway?

sooneron
9/21/2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, you're OOC schedule really worked out. You lost to a team that gave up 54 points at home to an unranked team. Congrats.

You're right, we should only schedule teams that have NO chance of beating us. Thanks for pointing out the uterus mantra there, clem! :texan:
Some call that :chicken:****

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=theresonly1OU;2711442]Go ahead, hide behind your weak-*** OOC. Look where it got you last year.

Well, for starters, we finished ranked ahead of you, so I guess it worked out fairly well.

Boomer Mooner
9/21/2009, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=theresonly1OU;2711442]Go ahead, hide behind your weak-*** OOC. Look where it got you last year.

Well, for starters, we finished ranked ahead of you, so I guess it worked out fairly well.

So did you get a trophy with that ranking. We got a pretty nice Big 12 Championship trophy. Thats not nearly as cool as being ranked higher n'****. I laugh at your dooshfullness.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 08:58 PM
I love posts #58 and #64. Freakin tessicans calling each other out.:D :D

utex74 is no Horn, or even an Aggie. At least Aggies get angry. We have no place in our fan base for cowards. Now, Lid is the real deal. He isn't afraid to speak his mind or support his team.

sooneron
9/21/2009, 08:58 PM
Dude, just say it. You're team is chicken ****. It's ok. That's the first step. Keep saying that you like an occasional mid major "power" coming to austin with no elite programs in sight. You must feel like you're getting your money's worth with that weak *** ****. Then again, you must be a fool or a *****.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=footballfanatic;2711529]

So did you get a trophy with that ranking. We got a pretty nice Big 12 Championship trophy. Thats not nearly as cool as being ranked higher n'****. I laugh at your dooshfullness.

Our BCS win came with a nice trophy against another reviled team.

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 09:02 PM

45-35 is not ugly. But 65-13, now THATS ugly, LOL

GottaHavePride
9/21/2009, 09:02 PM
Go ahead, hide behind your weak-*** OOC. Look where it got you last year.

If by that you mean: Texas wound up sitting at home, watching US try to win a championship, then you are 100% correct.

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 09:06 PM
If by that you mean: Texas wound up sitting at home, watching US try to win a championship, then you are 100% correct.

The key word being "trying." Thank you for trying. Here is your participation ribbon.

Hot Rod
9/21/2009, 09:07 PM
The key word being "trying." Thank you for trying. Here is your participation ribbon.

And to think, I thought "trying" was you on these message boards...

sooneron
9/21/2009, 09:08 PM
Yay you! You beat an average suckeye team (Their D was good- offense sucked) to win college football's ugliest trophy.

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 09:08 PM

Hey horn, do you really think you can beat OU when your defense is ranked behind even Baylor:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

And THOSE were against creampuffs for the most part.

LOL

Hot Rod
9/21/2009, 09:09 PM
45-35 is not ugly. But 65-13, now THATS ugly, LOL

Don't forget 12-0 and 63-14.

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 09:11 PM
Don't forget 12-0 and 63-14.

Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten! :D

I still have beer stains on my carpet when I spewed out my beer laughing so hard!

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 09:18 PM
Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten! :D

I still have beer stains on my carpet when I spewed out my beer laughing so hard!

Wonder what you spewed on the carpet at the end of the game last year?

Boomer Mooner
9/21/2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Boomer Mooner;2711532]

Hope you enjoy your trophy ha ha. Your bowl game was still just a consolation prize compared to getting to play for the National Championship, so I hope your consolation trophy, you know, consoles you.

The Big 12 Championship trophy on the other hand kind of says, congrats for being the best team in the Big 12. Suck it.

sooneron
9/21/2009, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=footballfanatic;2711535]

The Big 12 Championship trophy on the other hand kind of says, congrats for being the best team in the Big 12. Suck it.

Oh, I'm sure he does...:rolleyes:

TXBOOMER
9/21/2009, 09:25 PM
Quite possibly the weakest smack I've ever seen. Ban the ghey bich!

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2009, 09:54 PM
Good ol' texass, always winning the loser's bracket.

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 10:06 PM

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 10:06 PM
champions don't need an *

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 10:07 PM
Wonder what you spewed on the carpet at the end of the game last year?

your girlfriends love juice :D

theresonly1OU
9/21/2009, 10:45 PM

You're really comparing winning against an inept Big 11 team to losing the NC game to a team in their own back yard?

b!tch, please. How about you tell the class where you were ranked at the end of the regular season, when it came time to pick the Big XII south champ?

Don't worry though; you've still got this:

http://images.quickblogcast.com/103075-95921/Asterisk.bmp

footballfanatic
9/21/2009, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=footballfanatic;2711535]

Hope you enjoy your trophy ha ha. Your bowl game was still just a consolation prize compared to getting to play for the National Championship, so I hope your consolation trophy, you know, consoles you.

Hope you enjoyed the last five minutes of the game watching Stoops as much as I did. Seems I've seen that look before...

OUAlumni1990
9/21/2009, 11:00 PM
Hope you enjoyed the last five minutes of the game watching Stoops as much as I did. Seems I've seen that look before...

Not as much as the 5 years we enjoyed watching macks face...:)

picasso
9/21/2009, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=Boomer Mooner;2711557]

You guys are the ones with a coach who looks like he belongs on an AVODART commercial.

Crucifax Autumn
9/22/2009, 01:21 AM
I always thought he looked like some disowned, yellow teeth, retarded brother of George Bush myself. You know...the one the family kept locked in the basement.

MyT Oklahoma
9/22/2009, 01:37 AM
champions don't need an *

^ This.

Talk is always cheap. See you in October.

ousooners182
9/22/2009, 03:04 AM
honestly i dont think you should be talking about texas' d line like ya'll are bad when this ou d line is nfl caliber.... at every position.

prrriiide
9/22/2009, 03:23 AM
Arrogance and stupidity all in one post. How efficient of you!

Sooner in Tampa
9/22/2009, 05:26 AM
"reviled team"...surely you jest, the OSU is not nearly as "reviled" as Florida...you stinky little bowl game does not even compare to being in the Championship game.

Gee imagine that...OU played in two Championship games!!! Uteras should try to play in ONE championship game before you come and talk smack on OUr board.

You are just too stupid too live.

Boomer Mooner
9/22/2009, 07:04 AM
[QUOTE=Boomer Mooner;2711557]

Pretty sad little man.

I did feel Stoops pain but I wasn't ashamed when we lost. But losing the National Championship to a great team in their own backyard was way better than beating a chicken **** team in the "Who Gives a ****" bowl.

I was amused at how Colt danced around after every TD, obviously trying to get everyone stoked up and thinking Texas should be considered as some kind of co-NC or something. And then Mack, as soon as the game is over whining again about how they should be considered. Hahahahaha.

How do you feel watching Ol' Yellow Teeth whining for weeks, chasing any tv camera he could find. As much as I dislike Texas, I was really embarrassed for you dooshbags. Texas has become the whiniest bunch of crybabies in the NCAA and you're all too full of entitlement to even see it. Trust me, the rest of us are laughing at your ***.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 08:32 AM
"reviled team"...surely you jest, the OSU is not nearly as "reviled" as Florida...you stinky little bowl game does not even compare to being in the Championship game.

Strange that the Fiesta Bowls mattered when you played.. and lost in them.

Gee imagine that...OU played in two Championship games!!! Uteras should try to play in ONE championship game before you come and talk smack on OUr board.

Since not only did Texas play in, but won, not only a championship game but a game that is regarded as one of the best ones in college football history, the pursuant to your criteria, that entitles us to talk smack on this board.

You are just too stupid too live.

I remember when Oklahoma used to be "Oklahoma." There was no excuse making.. no "the refs screwed us." No, "But, we have to play other bowl teams in their back yard." No, "our best defensive guy got injured and that's why you won." No, "you were simply a one man team and got lucky."

I remember when Oklahoma used to line up and if they were better than us, they kicked our ***... and if we were better than Oklahoma, and kicked yours, there was a begrudging respect given without the constant stream of excuses.

Excellence begets excellence.

It is unfortunate that those days appear to be over.

TahoeSOONER
9/22/2009, 08:37 AM
I remember when Oklahoma used to be "Oklahoma." There was no excuse making.. no "the refs screwed us." No, "But, we have to play other bowl teams in their back yard." No, "our best defensive guy got injured and that's why you won." No, "you were simply a one man team and got lucky."

I remember when Oklahoma used to line up and if they were better than us, they kicked our ***... and if we were better than Oklahoma, and kicked yours, there was a begrudging respect given without the constant stream of excuses.

Those days arn't over and it appears we'll have two top ten teams if OU get's out of Miami, which is a big if.

These two programs have been pushing each other for a long time and that won't end after this year. I don't think it's an excuse that Gresham and Bradford came back and got hurt but it does suck that we're being robbed of two of the better players in the college game, that's football. Regardless, it will be a war again this year and you shouldn't judge a mindset of a program by a few fans behind a keyboard.

OU will be ready.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/22/2009, 08:46 AM
Those days arn't over and it appears we'll have two top ten teams if OU get's out of Miami, which is a big if.

These two programs have been pushing each other for a long time and that won't end after this year. I don't think it's an excuse that Gresham and Bradford came back and got hurt but it does suck that we're being robbed of two of the better players in the college game, that's football. Regardless, it will be a war again this year and you shouldn't judge a mindset of a program by a few fans behind a keyboard.

OU will be ready.

Oh god. You completely snatched the tool's bait.

sooneron
9/22/2009, 09:03 AM
Strange that the Fiesta Bowls mattered when you played.. and lost in them.
It mattered, but no one around here was trying to equate it with the level of the NC game. :rolleyes:

sooneron
9/22/2009, 09:04 AM
your girlfriends love juice :D

There is no way that this troll has a girlfriend. What were you thinking? :mack:

sooneron
9/22/2009, 09:19 AM
Raiders-Longhorns was the first UT game I saw of the season, and, while I thought they would blow Tech out of the water, I was more impressed with Tech than I was disappointed in Texas. Texas looked about equal to us offensively, worse defensively. It could be that Texas peaks at in a few weeks vs. us. Shipley is a great player.

I'll give it to you that teck showed up to play (on the road for once), but ut did not look so impressive. They looked down from last year. I thought that was surprising. I saw some of their first two games also, the same goes for those performances. Considering ut had so much of the revenge factor for this game, they seemed a little slow. Maybe the gameplan had something to do with it. Maybe they thought teck was going to roll over for them b/c everyone was saying that they were going to trounce them. Maybe mack is pulling a rope a dope with Stoops. I doubt it.

Sooner in Tampa
9/22/2009, 09:26 AM

Lid...you are quite the wordsmith...who, in keepin with your profession jumps to a lot of conclusions with your response.

1) Don't try to equate playing in a Championship game...the bowl itself does NOT matter...to playing a BCS Bowl Game...apples to oranges. Say it slowly....CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

2) Yes radio led you to a national championship game. Congrats...now move on

3) Never once did I use an excuse in my response. We lost and we have moved on. You are from the excuse capital of the world and are led by the yellow toothed excuse machine himself

******************* Do those look familiar?

Talk about programs becoming a JOKE!!!!

sooneron
9/22/2009, 09:38 AM
the wind was tricky

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 10:01 AM
Lid...you are quite the wordsmith...who, in keepin with your profession jumps to a lot of conclusions with your response.

1) Don't try to equate playing in a Championship game...the bowl itself does NOT matter...to playing a BCS Bowl Game...apples to oranges. Say it slowly....CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Yes. Those games that Texas wins in historic fashion and you lose.

2) Yes radio led you to a national championship game. Congrats...now move on

3) Never once did I use an excuse in my response. We lost and we have moved on. You are from the excuse capital of the world and are led by the yellow toothed excuse machine himself

Did you forget... "the refs screwed us on those out of bounds hits against Colt,"... "you only won because Ryan Reynolds got hurt," ... "we only lost those bowl games because they are in the other teams' back yards," ... "the Pac 10 officials screwed us," (psst.. they did)... "Adrian's ankle was sore and he could not play the whole game," ... "those holding calls against us were bogus!"

You need a "Jump for Excuses" mat to go along with the Jump to Conclusions mat.

Talk about programs becoming a JOKE!!!!

That same program who has more overall victories than you... owns the series record against you.. has won 3 of the last 4 against you and oh.. just for good measure...

Scoreboard.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 10:02 AM
I'll give it to you that teck showed up to play (on the road for once), but ut did not look so impressive. They looked down from last year. I thought that was surprising. I saw some of their first two games also, the same goes for those performances. Considering ut had so much of the revenge factor for this game, they seemed a little slow. Maybe the gameplan had something to do with it. Maybe they thought teck was going to roll over for them b/c everyone was saying that they were going to trounce them. Maybe mack is pulling a rope a dope with Stoops. I doubt it.

Can't argue with your post Ron.

picasso
9/22/2009, 10:18 AM
That same program who has more overall victories than you... owns the series record against you.. has won 3 of the last 4 against you and oh.. just for good measure...

Scoreboard.

And our program has forced you to get better. You should be thanking us.

Texas has scoreboard and we have the league title. Going to be nasty in Dallas this year.

Knippz
9/22/2009, 10:22 AM

Scoreboard.

Scoreboard -

OU - 7 MNCs
Texas - ?

OU - 5 Heismans
Texas - ?

OU ranked #1 most prestigious team all time.
Texas ranked ?

OU - 6 OFFICIAL Big 12 Championships
Texas - ?

Fill in those blanks buddy.

Of course, Texas does have the overall head-to-head advantage over OU. But that's never really gotten you that far other than moral satisfaction. :D

Collier11
9/22/2009, 10:24 AM

Scoreboard.

Lid, we can argue those things all you want but at the end of the day, Like Picasso said, Mack had to step up his program because of Stoops. At the end of the day what does scoreboard matter when we still won the conf for the 3rd time in a row and 6th time in 10 yrs while Mack has won 1?

If you guys lose to us this yr or we win the conf again without beating you, there is going to be alot more looking at Mack than Bob.

Knippz
9/22/2009, 10:35 AM
Also Lid, you really, really shouldn't talk about making excuses when your team put a fake trophy in the trophy room with an * next to it. Texas' excuse - but we won head to head in a 3-way tie!

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 11:09 AM
Lid, we can argue those things all you want but at the end of the day, Like Picasso said, Mack had to step up his program because of Stoops.

I have never argued to the contrary. Because of Stoops (Mike Stoops?) success in the early part of this decade, that forced Mack to step up, bring different coordinators and coaches on board and demand more.

At the end of the day what does scoreboard matter when we still won the conf for the 3rd time in a row and 6th time in 10 yrs while Mack has won 1?

Again, I haven't argued about that no matter how you backed into the title or did not win it on the field. And you accomplished this by only being put on probation once this decade too. ;)

If you guys lose to us this yr or we win the conf again without beating you, there is going to be alot more looking at Mack than Bob.

Both coaches are safe no matter what happens this year. Although with Bob, legitimate questions have been raised regarding the ability to win MNCs without coordinators like Mike Stoops, Leach and Mangino. I believe you are winning now in spite of your coordinators.. who undoubtedly are good.. but I don't believe are championship quality.

Sooner4FCD
9/22/2009, 11:14 AM
Both coaches are safe no matter what happens this year. Although with Bob, legitimate questions have been raised regarding the ability to win MNCs without coordinators like Mike Stoops, Leach and Mangino. I believe you are winning now in spite of your coordinators.. who undoubtedly are good.. but I don't believe are championship quality.

Wait wait wait wait wait

Mack Brown is the one who can't even win a CONFERENCE championship without a guy named Vince Young and Stoops is the one under pressure?

Collier11
9/22/2009, 11:20 AM
Correction, there is no such thing as backing into a title, every team plays the same # of conf games, if you win more, you are the champion. Pretty easy to understand, even for a lawyer.

I think if there is one thing you could fault Bob for it is the fact that he is overly loyal and that is a tough thing to criticize

At the end of the day, he still has as many MNCs as Mack but guess what, despite his coordinators holding him back as you say, he is still a missed block and a overthrown pass by 6 inches in the endzone from having 3 MNCs. Point being that we havent been that far off and we took everyones Goliath last yr and went blow for blow til the bell and could have easily won if we executed on the damn goal line.

Sooner in Tampa
9/22/2009, 11:37 AM
Wait wait wait wait wait

Mack Brown is the one who can't even win a CONFERENCE championship without a guy named Vince Young and Stoops is the one under pressure?

Uteras logic at it's finest!

Knippz
9/22/2009, 11:50 AM
Lid you constantly dodge me.

We didn't back into any conf championship. We actually DID "win it on the field." You remember, last December, against Missouri, Kansas City, Big 12 Championship game.

For a f*cking lawyer, you're pretty awful if you can't understand how a 3-way tie works.

Partial Qualifier
9/22/2009, 12:20 PM
:D

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 12:22 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait

So are you saying that Vince Young was the sole reason that Texas beat you by the largest margin an Ou team lost by?.. that there was no one else on that team?

If so, what type of team are you that allows you to get crushed by one guy?

And now.. go back and read very slowly so you will understand.. you can even read out loud if that would help.. but I specifically typed that Neither coach is on the hot seat.

:rolleyes:

Sooner4FCD
9/22/2009, 12:23 PM
Typical Uterus worrying more about Oklahoma "backing" into the Big 12 Championship than their own team choking it away.

Anyone remember K-State and A&M in 2006? :D

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 12:27 PM

We didn't back into any conf championship. We actually DID "win it on the field." You remember, last December, against Missouri, Kansas City, Big 12 Championship game.

I remember a thoroughly defeated Ou team walking off the Cotton Bowl field with a 10 point loss. I remember a tiebreaker system giving Ou the chance to beat the 4th best team in the Big XII for the right to lose your annual bowl game.

For a f*cking lawyer, you're pretty awful if you can't understand how a 3-way tie works.

If you read any of my posts at the time, you would have seen that 3 way ties are handled differently by different conferences. I didn't like the result of last year but, if we didn't like the system, we should have tried to have it changed before the year began.

Oh. there is no "dodging" at all. I choose to respond to intelligent posts or posters (Collier and Micco come to mind) because more often than not, they will put up thought provoking material. I choose to respond to posters who are looking to mix it up if the posts are insightful, humorous or intelligent, or to stir things up in a response to make things more interesting.

More often than not.. a lot of posts are ignored because well.. they aren't worth responding to.

utex74
9/22/2009, 12:30 PM
utex74 is no Horn, or even an Aggie. At least Aggies get angry. We have no place in our fan base for cowards. Now, Lid is the real deal. He isn't afraid to speak his mind or support his team.

Groan. I suspect you are what we call a t-shirt Horn. I actually went to school at UT. BBA, '74. Season ticket holder for 25 years and this October 17 will be my 20th Texas-ou game. I have learned not to talk crap ahead of time and not to embarass myself on opponents' boards by not even knowing our players names and getting called out for it by a sooner. It's their board. We're just visiting. And you are still an embarrasment, a t-shirt fan and a loser who talks big on a keyboard sitting there in your underwear, at night...alone.

utex74
9/22/2009, 12:38 PM
Groan. I suspect you are what we call a t-shirt Horn. I actually went to school at UT. BBA, '74. Season ticket holder for 25 years and this October 17 will be my 20th Texas-ou game. I have learned not to talk crap ahead of time and not to embarass myself on opponents' boards by not even knowing our players names and getting called out for it by a sooner. It's their board. We're just visiting. And you are still an embarrasment, a t-shirt fan and a loser who talks big on a keyboard sitting there in your underwear, at night...alone.

One more thing...I've always enjoyed seeing "lid" more than hold his own on here with some pretty good logic and analysis. I've just read 7 pages of you getting your *** handed to you by a bunch of sooners. Wow. Just...wow.

Collier11
9/22/2009, 12:44 PM
he calls it like he sees it folks

Partial Qualifier
9/22/2009, 12:48 PM
surprised utex ain't green at this point..

Bourbon St Sooner
9/22/2009, 12:48 PM

So you play play a bunch of patsies because you're afraid to lose? We're texass and we're afraid of playing real teams.

Maybe you guys should join the Sun Belt Conference.

beer4me
9/22/2009, 12:51 PM
he calls it like he sees it folks

:D

Bourbon St Sooner
9/22/2009, 12:53 PM
We have no place in our fan base for cowards.

Now see this here is funny, since you've basically said your team schedules patsies because they're afraid of losing.

U of texass - we're afraid of scheduling good teams but our fans aren't pussies.

Desert Sapper
9/22/2009, 01:10 PM
All this blither blather about last year and X number of years ago...

This year will do the talking for this year. We've lost a game. They haven't. So far, they are ranked 2nd and we are ranked 10th. Could be we'll lose another game. Could be they'll lose a game. Hopefully not. This game may not hinge on where the teams are ranked, but it is always more fun when we both get the national attention our programs deserve.

We were both damn good last year. We are both lesser teams this year. Teams get better as the season progresses. I'm hoping for a game that's as good as last years. This time we better win.

SoonerShark
9/22/2009, 01:14 PM

Aren't those the members of the Sodomites Rights group from Austin? Bumfuzzling and bestiality are not legal in these parts, amigo.

SoonerShark
9/22/2009, 01:18 PM

Is a 40 point win over the number 2 team more impressive than a 6 point win over a number 1 team? Si!

C&CDean
9/22/2009, 01:19 PM
surprised utex ain't green at this point..

He is now. I hit him with my giant spekker.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 01:20 PM
Now see this here is funny, since you've basically said your team schedules patsies because they're afraid of losing.

U of texass - we're afraid of scheduling good teams but our fans aren't pussies.

Well.. we tried to get a 0 - 12 Udub team.. but they wouldn't.

Then, we tried to get a Tennessee Chattanooga Choo Choo team... but they wouldn't.

THEN.. we tried to get a Potato State aggy, D-2 team, but they said "Nuh uh."

So. then.. we got Utah to agree.. but then, Urban said.. "uh.. Never mind after all."

Then.. we got The Roothawgs to agree.. but they said they'd rather play sheep humpin aggy at Jerry's Death Star.

Then.. we tried to get the Cheeseheads to agree.. but they said, they couldn't "rearrange" their schedule.

So.. we were stuck with the Ohio State series... then Arkansas.. and TCU... and then we have Ole Miss and UCLA and Minnesota and Cal-Berzerkely scheduled.

As for OOC, you an idoit if you dont schedule as your first game, a Little Sister of the Poor. Since we don't have exhibition games, this allows you to play your younglings and iron out some kinks... Play a game to help recruiting that you will win.. schedule 2 mid level BCS conference teams... and start conference play.

Or.. if you really want to determine a "true champion," petition the NCAA to allow each Big XII team to play one extra game a year... play 2 OOC games and then play everyone in conference.

SoonerShark
9/22/2009, 01:21 PM
Playing Louisiana-Monroe with a senior quarterback is much tougher than playing a revamped Miami with a freshman quarterback at the helm. Oh, wait, I have that reversed.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 01:21 PM
He is now. I hit him with my giant spekker.

Perhaps.. but my burnt orange spek is impervious to even your giant spekker Telly! :D

SoonerShark
9/22/2009, 01:24 PM
Actually, we could not get Louisiana-Monroe and nobody wants to schedule OU in Norman for some reason. Washington was a power when we scheduled them. Why do the computers and fans and God seem to feel that UT's schedule is easier than the Sooners'?

Collier11
9/22/2009, 01:24 PM
and then we have Ole Miss and UCLA and Minnesota and Cal-Berzerkely scheduled.

Come on Lid, those are the games you guys have coming up in the near future compared to OU who has Florida State, LSU, Ohio State, Miami, Air Force, Cincinatti, Notre Dame, and Tenn. All of those are in the next 11 years.

You guys still need to step it up

bcgvh
9/22/2009, 01:36 PM
The Texas defensive line. Ocho, Randall, Houston, Alexander, and Kindle. They're really nice guys, and they are looking forward to spending some really quality personal time with you in October.

I hear they all spend personal time with each other in the shower, so this comes as no surprise, but Landry's not like that...

SoonerShark
9/22/2009, 01:47 PM
I hear they all spend personal time with each other in the shower, so this comes as no surprise, but Landry's not like that...

Do the play the "elephant trunk to tail" game? Si!

Collier11
9/22/2009, 01:55 PM
I just think it is funny that a horn fan is calling out a horn troll on a Sooner board, classic!

okiewaker
9/22/2009, 01:58 PM
Do the play the "elephant trunk to tail" game? Si!

Yep, then they all wait in line to use the bidet.:D

footballfanatic
9/22/2009, 02:10 PM

To summarize your original post. "I'm scared of your predictions, so I'll let you make them. But, I hope they come true."

Since you don't have the balls to stand on your own two feet, get out of here. As you can see, it's not for the faint hearted.

okiewaker
9/22/2009, 02:11 PM
:pop:

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 02:15 PM

The hell...

He's got a...

PORN STACHE!!!!

Collier11
9/22/2009, 02:16 PM
To summarize your original post. "I'm scared of your predictions, so I'll let you make them. But, I hope they come true."

Since you don't have the balls to stand on your own two feet, get out of here. As you can see, it's not for the faint hearted.

youre an idiot, it would be best if you would go away

Collier11
9/22/2009, 02:16 PM
The hell...

He's got a...

PORN STACHE!!!!

The Chevron to be exact

footballfanatic
9/22/2009, 02:17 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that for such a supposedly homophobic bunch, how quickly and luridly many of you conjure up homoerotic fantasies.

Collier11
9/22/2009, 02:21 PM
You guys are cheered on by matthew mcconaghey, nuff said

okiewaker
9/22/2009, 02:21 PM
Post #1 started it all, we are just expounding.

C&CDean
9/22/2009, 04:13 PM
Perhaps.. but my burnt orange spek is impervious to even your giant spekker Telly! :D

Wrong again Lidmeister.

Gresho Murford
9/22/2009, 04:18 PM

TexasLidig8r is a close confidante of Barry Switzer:D

9/22/2009, 05:29 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that for such a supposedly homophobic bunch, how quickly and luridly many of you conjure up homoerotic fantasies.You might want to rest it til RRS week. Come back then, if you feel the need.

utex74
9/22/2009, 06:08 PM

Not looking for green spek at all. I've been over here off and on for a few years, two of which I actually worked for OU so I got to know the secret handshake, passwords, where not to wear a UT shirt and where all the best car deals are. Even got banned from the site for a while once. If I think you have an issue with your OL I will say it, and I think you might. If I think our DL might be a weakness I will say that, although I liked what I saw Saturday. I always like Lid's arguments and I suppose he gets a lot of that from his lawyering. But I think coming onto someone else's board and just throwing out BS that you obviously don't know what you're talking about is classless and I do not want that associated with my University.

Do Do wants a prediction and I don't like those but I will say what I think SHOULD happen. I think we should win this year basically because the OL is the most important position on any team. It should operate as one person and yours is still working on that. It will be a good one but I don't think October 17 gives them enough time. Our DL is also growing but Muschamp can throw enough deception and movement into a game plan to throw off a develping OL. I hope Bradford is back but as well as Landry is playing I think either will do just as good as the OL will permit.

I think everything else kind of balances out. I predict (oops!) another close one (not really going out on a limb!), tilting our way.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/22/2009, 06:12 PM
Not looking for green spek at all. I've been over here off and on for a few years, two of which I actually worked for OU so I got to know the secret handshake, passwords, where not to wear a UT shirt and where all the best car deals are. Even got banned from the site for a while once. If I think you have an issue with your OL I will say it, and I think you might. If I think our DL might be a weakness I will say that, although I liked what I saw Saturday. I always like Lid's arguments and I suppose he gets a lot of that from his lawyering. But I think coming onto someone else's board and just throwing out BS that you obviously don't know what you're talking about is classless and I do not want that associated with my University.

Do Do wants a prediction and I don't like those but I will say what I think SHOULD happen. I think we should win this year basically because the OL is the most important position on any team. It should operate as one person and yours is still working on that. It will be a good one but I don't think October 17 gives them enough time. Our DL is also growing but Muschamp can throw enough deception and movement into a game plan to throw off a develping OL. I hope Bradford is back but as well as Landry is playing I think either will do just as good as the OL will permit.

I think everything else kind of balances out. I predict (oops!) another close one, tilting our way.
I think coach is the most important position. And we win hands down.

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 09:13 PM
I think coach is the most important position. And we win hands down.

Unless we rename the game the Red River Bowl Game and give you a month to prepare... then.. you would never win again. :D

TexasLidig8r
9/22/2009, 09:14 PM
Wrong again Lidmeister.

Crap... I'm green.. I feel like a flippin Baylor Bear now.:mad:

Collier11
9/22/2009, 10:39 PM
you went from dead last in spek to green, hmmmm? LOL

sooneron
9/22/2009, 10:57 PM
So.. we were stuck with the Ohio State series... then Arkansas.. and TCU... and then we have Ole Miss and UCLA and Minnesota and Cal-Berzerkely scheduled.

Ok, there's one solid program and a team that MIGHT make a bcs bowl this decade...

:mack:= :chicken:

footballfanatic
9/23/2009, 08:47 AM

I also graduated from the University. One of the starters worked with me this summer in my office. My company works with the University on many projects. I also guest lecture at the University, and have been offered the opportunity to teach there.

footballfanatic
9/23/2009, 08:49 AM
Ok, there's one solid program and a team that MIGHT make a bcs bowl this decade...

:mack:= :chicken:

and, for the millionth time, we had a game scheduled this year at Arkansas, and they pulled out. Utah also backed out of a commitment. What can we do if teams decide they are too scared to play us?

Gresho Murford
9/23/2009, 08:53 AM
and, for the millionth time, we had a game scheduled this year at Arkansas, and they pulled out. Utah also backed out of a commitment. What can we do if teams decide they are too scared to play us?

You should be used to that feeling of somebody pulling out of you

okiewaker
9/23/2009, 08:54 AM

offer more money. God knows you got more than you know what to do with down there, right!

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2009, 09:04 AM

Schedule only powerhouses..then when half pull out you still have a workable BCS style schedule.

sooneron
9/23/2009, 09:17 AM

Arkansas!? LOL. Congrats on scheduling the oklahoma st of the sec.:texan:
I realize they are an old rivalry and a power that's heyday was back during the Nixon administration (of course, you guys could have easily have said that if :mack: hadn't bought a clue and gotten a decent DC or VY :D ).

We've had teams back out, too. Thing is, we aint whining about it, we're still picking up games with the big boys. I seriously doubt teams are afraid of playing ut. Face it, if they aren't afraid to play us, they aren't afraid to play you.

Now, do I think playing byu the first game of the year was a great idea? No. That's bowing to tv pressure for big games the first week.

At least we try to follow the form that Joe C wanted in place for ooc- Elite program (6-7 times a decade), mid major solid team(tcu, byu) or team like Cincy, then weaker bcs conf team or weaker mid major team, patsy for the warm up.

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2009, 10:54 AM
This thread is useless without more scrotum.

CrimsonJim
9/23/2009, 11:55 AM

Oh shoulda, coulda, woulda! We all know the whorns don't leave the state of Texass unless they absolutely have to. :rolleyes:

Boomer Mooner
9/23/2009, 11:56 AM

you callin' me out?:D

w0lfe
9/23/2009, 11:57 AM
yawn

Bourbon St Sooner
9/23/2009, 12:48 PM
Unless we rename the game the Red River Bowl Game and give you a month to prepare... then.. you would never win again. :D

Heh. Well we petitioned the Big 12 to change the league name to the SWAC and we would change our name to the University of Just South of Central Oklahoma so that Mack Brown could finally win a conference title, but the league wouldn't budge.

Collier11
9/23/2009, 01:22 PM
you callin' me out?:D

I dont think you have the balls to do it

sooneron
9/23/2009, 04:20 PM
http://ajgentile.typepad.com/ajs_piece_o_the_w/images/squirrel.jpg

footballfanatic
9/23/2009, 09:31 PM
I love how you guys brag about your tough OOC schedule--when just two weeks ago, you were crying about the decision to play against BYU!

Collier11
9/23/2009, 09:43 PM
You really are a dumb human being, dumb dumb dumb

BASSooner
9/23/2009, 09:56 PM
I love how you guys brag about your tough OOC schedule--when just two weeks ago, you were crying about the decision to play against BYU!
The team of BYU has more talent than any of your OOC opponents combined.

Aside from OUr glorious victory against tech last year, OUr OOC schedule was probably the X factor that got us to jump over you guys last year for the big 12 title game, the heisman trophy, and a shot at the national championships game.

We may have lost to BYU but your performance against a rebuilding team was mediocre at best, not to mention the fact that the game was at home.

Your smack talk is cute though. While your at it, tell your team that your going to destroy us easily. I like seeing some overconfidence in an opponent.

OUAlumni1990
9/23/2009, 10:01 PM

I don't recall anyone crying because we scheduled BYU? Glad our athletic director has more of a sac than yours.

OUAlumni1990
9/23/2009, 10:02 PM
I believe that squirrel has more of a sac than the UTerus athletic director

TexasLidig8r
9/24/2009, 08:22 AM
The team of BYU has more talent than any of your OOC opponents combined.

Uh yea.. an incredibly average at best Fla State thought so as well when they went up there last week raped their cattle and stampeeded their women too.

Aside from OUr glorious victory against tech last year, OUr OOC schedule was probably the X factor that got us to jump over you guys last year for the big 12 title game, the heisman trophy, and a shot at the national championships game.

What a load! You hold up your OOC from last year as if it was some type of masterpiece of scheduling... You had a D2 team, and a lousy one at that Chattanooga Choo Choo... one of worst teams in D1 in Udub.. a TCU team that we had played the year before and a Cincy team that historically, has been HORRIBLE and won the weakest BCS conference for the first time in their history. Going into the season, there was whining and bellyaching about how weak the schedule was. So, enough with the "our OOC was high and almighty."

We may have lost to BYU but your performance against a rebuilding team was mediocre at best, not to mention the fact that the game was at home.

We won.. you lost. Let's see how you do against a team you have not beaten on their home field since 2003. I will give this to you though.. you made history. The first team in college football history to lose a game at Cowboys Stadium.

Your smack talk is cute though. While your at it, tell your team that your going to destroy us easily. I like seeing some overconfidence in an opponent.

Anyone who seriously says they will destroy the other "easily" doesn't know college football.. and doesn't know this rivalry. It will be another dog fight.

Collier11
9/24/2009, 08:54 AM
LID, you are wrong on the schedule from last yr, it was being touted as good before the season (remember, no one thought UW would be that bad, in fact many nationally thought Tyrone had a decent team), even with them being bad TCU and Cincy stepped up and during the season were really good teams. Ask any BCS guru, that schedule compared to yours DID help us get the nod over you

Partial Qualifier
9/24/2009, 09:04 AM

:les:

sooneron
9/24/2009, 09:54 AM
What a load! You hold up your OOC from last year as if it was some type of masterpiece of scheduling... You had a D2 team, and a lousy one at that Chattanooga Choo Choo... one of worst teams in D1 in Udub.. a TCU team that we had played the year before and a Cincy team that historically, has been HORRIBLE and won the weakest BCS conference for the first time in their history. Going into the season, there was whining and bellyaching about how weak the schedule was. So, enough with the "our OOC was high and almighty."

No one called it a masterpiece, but it was better than the piece that you guys went out and got.
Chatt was scheduled because someone pulled out at the last minute. Whatever, it's a layup game- sorta like your utep game. A lay up is a lay up.
Like it was pointed out, NO ONE expected UW to be that bad, in fact, most outlets were predicting they'd be somewhere in the middle of the PAC 10 due to Locker.
TCU was no better or worse than the team you played. No one is disputing that. I have said twice that our protocol was to schedule a mid major "power" especially from the area. If TCU had a flippin kicker, they would have beaten utah last year IN UTAH.
What does Cincy's last 100 years have to do with now? Pretty similar to K State in the mid-late 90's. So your point sucks here, b/c as I slammed you in the other thread, we scheduled them as they were drastically improving 2 short years ago. If you want to play that card, I guess we can call you out on the future scheduling of ole ****.

No one was bellyaching last year (except for maybe a minority of the usual people that just like to bitch). Most people thought it was a pretty good schedule. One warm up, a trip to a cool stadium that had a LOT of Sooners excited and some solid teams coming to Norman. Either your old age is causing your memory to get worse, or you are a liar about the bellyaching thing. Of course, you are a lawyer... So I guess that answeres that conundrum.

And I have yet to have a whorn come out and say that they are proud of what their Ath Dept schedules for ooc. That they are perfectly happy with an occasional mid major or average ark team along with the usual patsies being on the schedule every year. (Oh, I forgot, you had ONE home and home with tOSU ):rolleyes:

TexasLidig8r
9/24/2009, 10:36 AM
LID, you are wrong on the schedule from last yr, it was being touted as good before the season (remember, no one thought UW would be that bad, in fact many nationally thought Tyrone had a decent team), even with them being bad TCU and Cincy stepped up and during the season were really good teams. Ask any BCS guru, that schedule compared to yours DID help us get the nod over you

Didnt the non-conference teams Texas played last year have a better winning percentage than the OOC teams you played? (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

And.. in terms of BCS points, your game with Chattanooga Choo Choo was not figured into the system because they were a D2 team. If they had, what is the likelihood you would not have prevailed in the BCS system?

Collier11
9/24/2009, 10:39 AM
All I can tell you is we finished with two top 15 teams on our record non conf, you guys played a bunch of slush and you did it again this year, that is where the other teams SOS hurts you, winning % matters not. If you look at the games we have coming up that I listed earlier in the thread, it will continue to be that way until your AD pulls his head out.

As long as this dumb arse BCS is around, its gotta be that way

UTgradOUfan
9/24/2009, 01:25 PM
I love this time of year. My dumb*** neighbors here in Austin start spewing their garbage. I was at the TT game last Sat. night and sat in the former ut players section and got an ear-full of honest commentary. Interestingly the ex-players are not like the Kool Aid drinkers like Lid and co. This was the consensus of those around me:
The schedule is a joke and not likely to ever be anything else as long as Mack is in charge.
Shipley is the best player on the team and his punt return and other special team plays kept TT from the upset.
UT's D is over-rated.
Houston is a far better player than Kindle.
The d-backs who are supposed to be so much better b/c they are a year older got shredded for 450 yds by Potts in only his third start are just that, only a year older, not necessarily the same as better.
McCoy is a tough kid but w/o Shipley he is pretty average.
It is inescusable that ut, with such a great legacy of great RB's, has no running game and no premiere backs. (they do like Newton)
In light of the Sooner's D pitching it's second consectutive shut out they were concerned it was going to be a long day for McCoy and his O.
Also in light of the fact that TT was w/o 3 of there 4 best DE's the whorn OL was likely to be exposed as way over-rated in the Cotten Bowl
ut's punter was a tremendous weapon that night ( NS! I thought his punt that went out at the TT 4 was as big a play as any in the 4Q)
They can't wait for Muschamp to be HC
The music(godawful noise) they play during player warmups is unbearable
Finally- Why in h*** does Matthew McConaghy get to be down on the sidelines w/ his son when he never played much less graduated.

So there Lid. Thats what your former players(at least those in sec. 30 row 32) had to say. Don't choke on your Kool Aid buddy.

P.S. when I asked if they liked Mack they admitted to being real tired of hearing out ten win seasons. The fact that Mack has only one conference championship in his entire coaching career is not lost on the former players.

Collier11
9/24/2009, 01:43 PM
1 in 25+, very nice Mack

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 01:50 PM
I love this time of year. My dumb*** neighbors here in Austin start spewing their garbage. I was at the TT game last Sat. night and sat in the former ut players section and got an ear-full of honest commentary. Interestingly the ex-players are not like the Kool Aid drinkers like Lid and co. This was the consensus of those around me:
The schedule is a joke and not likely to ever be anything else as long as Mack is in charge.
Shipley is the best player on the team and his punt return and other special team plays kept TT from the upset.
UT's D is over-rated.
The d-backs who are supposed to be so much better b/c they are a year older got shredded for 450 yds by Potts in only his third start are just that, only a year older, not necessarily the same as better.
It is inescusable that ut, with such a great legacy of great RB's, has no running game and no premiere backs. (they do like Newton)
In light of the Sooner's D pitching it's second consectutive shut out they were concerned it was going to be a long day for McCoy and his O.
Also in light of the fact that TT was w/o 3 of there 4 best DE's the whorn OL was likely to be exposed as way over-rated in the Cotten Bowl
ut's punter was a tremendous weapon that night ( NS! I thought his punt that went out at the TT 4 was as big a play as any in the 4Q)
Finally- Why in h*** does Matthew McConaghy get to be down on the sidelines w/ his son when he never played much less graduated.

So there Lid. Thats what your former players(at least those in sec. 30 row 32) had to say. Don't choke on your Kool Aid buddy.

P.S. when I asked if they liked Mack they admitted to being real tired of hearing out ten win seasons. The fact that Mack has only one conference championship in his entire coaching career is not lost on the former players.

If you hate UT so much, why on Earth do you shell out money and put up with the incredible hassle of attending a football game with 101,000 people?

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 01:51 PM
I don't recall anyone crying because we scheduled BYU? Glad our athletic director has more of a sac than yours.

Apparently, you didn't visit this site after the game, lol.

StoopTroup
9/24/2009, 01:55 PM

Here ya go. All the scrotum you'll ever need.

ScrotumsRus (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36639)

Collier11
9/24/2009, 01:59 PM

yea and everyone is so cheerful after uterus loses over on shorthorns, did you even graduate high school cus your thought process isnt very...eh, thoughtful

Gresho Murford
9/24/2009, 02:03 PM

I don't think anybody was complaining about scheduling the game.

Collier11
9/24/2009, 02:16 PM
the only thing anyone bitched about including myself was giving up a home game to line Jerrys pockets, FF cant read

StoopTroup
9/24/2009, 02:20 PM
I don't think anybody was complaining about scheduling the game.

I was. I wasn't alone in that either.

Screaming might be a bit much but I didn't buy tickets because it was to help Jerry Jones. He's got plenty of help down there. He didn't need us down there lining his pockets. Before it was even played folks were complaining about the prices...

Just because many of us stowed it and others looked forward to another reason to party in the Metro...doesn't mean everyone was OK with the opener being in texas.

Gresho Murford
9/24/2009, 02:22 PM

Screaming might be a bit much but I didn't buy tickets because it was to help Jerry Jones. He's got plenty of help down there. He didn't need us down there lining his pockets. Before it was even played folks were complaining about the prices...

Just because many of us stowed it and others looked forward to another reason to party in the Metro...doesn't mean everyone was OK with the opener being in texas.

I wasn't really referring to the location but the opponent.

StoopTroup
9/24/2009, 02:26 PM
I wasn't really referring to the location but the opponent.

Why would anyone complain about the opponent anyway?

We need to play good teams and beat them in a BCS climate. The only complaint most people might have might be scheduling it after Idaho St. but you can't always get everything. Same could have been said when we played TCU a few years ago.

Gresho Murford
9/24/2009, 02:27 PM
Why would anyone complain about the opponent anyway?

Thats what I was saying

StoopTroup
9/24/2009, 02:40 PM
Thats what I was saying

OK then....just checking....

UTgradOUfan
9/24/2009, 04:31 PM
If you hate UT so much, why on Earth do you shell out money and put up with the incredible hassle of attending a football game with 101,000 people?

OK, jerk, as if it is any of your business.
Because my two oldest kids both go to TT and came in town to go the game and I am their dad.
Any other smart*** questions?

Collier11
9/24/2009, 04:36 PM
he is about the biggest dumb azz on this board, dont even bother

sooner ngintunr
9/24/2009, 04:55 PM
About?

UTgradOUfan
9/24/2009, 05:33 PM
he is about the biggest dumb azz on this board, dont even bother

True and obviously a lurking whorn w/out the nuts to proclaim his allegiance in either his handle or his obnoxious comments. I am sure he has his own stool at Oilcan Harrys.:D
If you are going to go by the handle of "footballfanatic" how ignorant can you get by calling out anybody for going to any game.
I did the right thing. My boys brought all their friends over and we watched the Sooners on FSN and then left for the game at Royal Memorial stadium.
Their friends got a kick out of finding out that the despised whorns had been respectful enough to their betters by naming their stadium after a Sooner player and native Okie. A fact they threw in the face of any whorn who threw up that satanic inspired gang sign of theirs. Yes, it was a proud moment.
BTW the concensus among the former players was that the whorns had better enjoy that W as Potts impressed everybody and the next two years
might belong to the Red Raiders.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/24/2009, 05:46 PM
Isn't this the same author of the thread, "Hey sooner, give me a reason to think you'll beat raider"

LMAFO.

sooner ngintunr
9/24/2009, 05:54 PM
Isn't this the same author of the thread, "Hey sooner, give me a reason to think you'll beat raider"

LMAFO.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124149&highlight=sooner

Good call. spek.

So this idjit is responsible for arguably two of the all time lamest threads evar (or at least in the last year) on SF.

Congrats on the epic fail in life Footballfanatic.

BigBoomerInBigD
9/24/2009, 05:57 PM

LMAFO.

SPEK:D

UTgradOUfan
9/24/2009, 06:01 PM

LMAFO.

It maks feel omnipotent that both Lid and this fool leave whenever I do post.

Hey, Lid, just in case you are still around I suggest you go get Garrido out of Eddie V's. He is back at his favorite seat at the bar, his Cayenne is out front and I didn't spot a designated driver.
Cheers

meoveryouxinfinity
9/24/2009, 06:07 PM
Epic. There are some threads you can never live down. This happens to be one of them.

Hopefully this thread will produce the same results as the Tech one. PWN'D.

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 08:24 PM

Thank you for an honest answer. It is appreciated, as it is somewhat in short supply on this site.

JLEW1818
9/24/2009, 08:26 PM
1 conference championship this decade

1 conference championship for mack brown in 25 years as a head coach

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124149&highlight=sooner

Good call. spek.

So this idjit is responsible for arguably two of the all time lamest threads evar (or at least in the last year) on SF.

Congrats on the epic fail in life Footballfanatic.

I take it Communications or business wasn't your major. An epic fail thread would, of course, be one that NO ONE READS. As of last check, this one is nearing 5000 views, with many many people making comments.

OUAlumni1990
9/24/2009, 08:48 PM
1 conference championship this decade

1 conference championship for mack brown in 25 years as a head coach

the one year he did win the cc, was the year VY coached the team, LOL

UTgradOUfan
9/24/2009, 08:52 PM
I take it Communications or business wasn't your major. An epic fail thread would, of course, be one that NO ONE READS. As of last check, this one is nearing 5000 views, with many many people making comments.

The fact that you are a failure in life does not preclude you from being a spectactularly entertaining moron on this board.

I noticed that you had no comments on the take the whorn's former players had on your over-rated program. Well, of course you didn't. You know it is all true.

You just keep making your smarmy idiotic comments and, dang right, you are going to generate a lot of views and comments. They still show TheThree Stooges on TV-people enjoy watching(reading) idiots make fools of themselves.

If you actually have a degree my bet it is from ACC. I can guarantee it's not from the College of Natural Sciences at UT.

Now go get back to your stool at Oilcan Harry's.:D

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 08:55 PM
True and obviously a lurking whorn w/out the nuts to proclaim his allegiance in either his handle or his obnoxious comments. I am sure he has his own stool at Oilcan Harrys.:D
If you are going to go by the handle of "footballfanatic" how ignorant can you get by calling out anybody for going to any game.
I did the right thing. My boys brought all their friends over and we watched the Sooners on FSN and then left for the game at Royal Memorial stadium.
Their friends got a kick out of finding out that the despised whorns had been respectful enough to their betters by naming their stadium after a Sooner player and native Okie. A fact they threw in the face of any whorn who threw up that satanic inspired gang sign of theirs. Yes, it was a proud moment.
BTW the concensus among the former players was that the whorns had better enjoy that W as Potts impressed everybody and the next two years
Well, I do admire that you spend good time with our sons, and that you did a good job with your sons to get them into a good school. As the father of two wonderful daughters, 9 and 14, I share your sentiments about time well spent.

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 08:58 PM

And while I am accused of many things on the board, no one can accuse me of being afraid to state my allegiance. Unlike UTex74, I have no fear of stating my views.

footballfanatic
9/24/2009, 09:04 PM
The fact that you are a failure in life does not preclude you from being a spectactularly entertaining moron on this board.

I noticed that you had no comments on the take the whorn's former players had on your over-rated program. Well, of course you didn't. You know it is all true.

You just keep making your smarmy idiotic comments and, dang right, you are going to generate a lot of views and comments. They still show TheThree Stooges on TV-people enjoy watching(reading) idiots make fools of themselves.

If you actually have a degree my bet it is from ACC. I can guarantee it's not from the College of Natural Sciences at UT.

Now go get back to your stool at Oilcan Harry's.:D

UT College of Communications. I am only successful if making national and global TV ad campaigns for clients like AT&T, US Army, Mercedes, Saab, Chase Manhattan Bank, Southwest Airlines, and more for the last 27 years is successful.

sooner ngintunr
9/24/2009, 10:10 PM

Reading comprehension must not have been your major.

I said you fail at life. I said your threads are lame.

You haven't proved either assertion incorrect.

Collier11
9/24/2009, 11:22 PM
And while I am accused of many things on the board, no one can accuse me of being afraid to state my allegiance. Unlike UTex74, I have no fear of stating my views.

trolling around and posting idiotic threads doesnt count as stating your allegiance. the other two ut fans on here are alot better than you and both have posted in this thread

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2009, 11:23 PM
UT College of Communications. I am only successful if making national and global TV ad campaigns for clients like AT&T, US Army, Mercedes, Saab, Chase Manhattan Bank, Southwest Airlines, and more for the last 27 years is successful.

And from now on I will pledge to never give any money to any of those companies.

OUAlumni1990
9/24/2009, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh, what would it be like if we no trolls to beat up on. They must have been abused at some point cause seems like they enjoy it to a degree...

footballfanatic
9/25/2009, 08:45 AM
trolling around and posting idiotic threads doesnt count as stating your allegiance. the other two ut fans on here are alot better than you and both have posted in this thread

I will agree that Lid is the Man. He really dishes it out. The other one is housebroken dog who sits, rolls over, all in an effort to please his masters.

As I stated, for a thread that is lacking, you sure have spent a fair amount of your time on it.

Collier11
9/25/2009, 09:08 AM
Lid states his opinion strongly even though he knows we will disagree, the other guy is respectful, you are just inflammatory for the sake of being that way.

UTgradOUfan
9/25/2009, 09:47 AM
Ahhhh, what would it be like if we no trolls to beat up on. They must have been abused at some point cause seems like they enjoy it to a degree...

I admit I was a bit rough on FFanatic. If you have ever spent any time at hornfans.com you can understand why he trolls over here. whorn fans are not a happy bunch and that is reflected on their board. It never occurs to me to post there as it is their board. It is a dysfunctional bunch so I let them be.

It does annoy me, however, that as long as he and Lid are over here they never respond to the content of my posts.

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 09:51 AM
It maks feel omnipotent that both Lid and this fool leave whenever I do post.

Hey, Lid, just in case you are still around I suggest you go get Garrido out of Eddie V's. He is back at his favorite seat at the bar, his Cayenne is out front and I didn't spot a designated driver.
Cheers

Oh.. I'm around. I generally dont reply to noobies because for the most part.. the leave as quickly as they arrive.

However... I'm thinking that Georgia Tech's fight song may very well be the best in the nation...

MamaMia
9/25/2009, 09:58 AM
These things go in cycles. I think its our turn now. :)

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 10:07 AM
I love this time of year. My dumb*** neighbors here in Austin start spewing their garbage.
Garbage like last year when they said Texas would beat Ou.. Oh. that's right! We did

I was at the TT game last Sat. night and sat in the former ut players section and got an ear-full of honest commentary. Interestingly the ex-players are not like the Kool Aid drinkers like Lid and co.
If you read any of my posts you would know I am far from a "kool aid" drinker. In fact, I tend to be more cynical than most UT fans.

This was the consensus of those around me:

Actually.. the AD, Deloss Dodds makes the final call. We have Ole Miss, Arkansas, UCLA, Minnesota, Cal-Berzerkely on the schedule and are in talks with Neutered Dame and USC. Granted, I would love one marquise match up every year but with the BCS system being what it is and the Big XII being as strong as it is.. I can understand why this isn't done.

Ship may very well be the best player on the team. However, Colt's 15-18 in the second half and our defense holding them to 3 points in the first half were huge!

UT's D is over-rated.

Our defense was a concern coming into the year. Lack of depth at DT and youth in the secondary were still concerns. Norton being out for the year hurts a lot as well. We have been inconsistent and this needs to be addressed immediately.

Kindle is seeing double teams on a frequent basis. This leaves Houston up against single blocking and he has done a great job at clogging up the inside. Houston has performed to a level of perhaps the 3rd best DT in the Big XII behind McCoy and the kid from Nebbish.

Losing Christian Scott (who looked like he was going to start over Gideon) and Beasley (until the last game) was huge. In addition it is obvious the Texas DBs perform very well in press, man to man coverage... the yards were gained and exposure was when we went into a soft zone, cover 2 defense. That was just dumb. Supposedly, Muschamp has addressed this.

Certainly, McCoy's numbers are down so far this year... by that I mean he is only completing 68% of his passes. He is adjusting to Buckner as the flex tight end and has had some masterful throws to him on seam routes. For whatever reason, Colt has looked human this year.

Agreed. We should have offered Christine Michael and the kid from East Texas you got. Fozzy is hurt all the time, McGee.. well, I have never been too impressed by him... C. Johnson is a good short yardage back. Let's see how Newton develops. This position certainly needs to be addressed.

Over a high school team and a nonBCS team who was starting a new QB and who had lost their OC to Auburn (who is lighting it up for Allbarn). Nonetheless, your depth at LB is razor thin, Reynolds understandably has lost a step and your safeties are vulnerable in pass coverage as well. From your first few games, those inside routes are going to continue to be an issue. But, McCoy and your DL looks as salty as advertised.

No doubt the Texas OL has underperformed. Huey was injured in the first game and that had a big impact. Tanner and Hall, whereas are warriors, should be in support roles only. This is an area of concern.

After the boondoggle in Wyoming in which our punting game resulted in all of their points, I would hope so.

Tap the brakes.

I'd classify it more as HIDEOUS

Because he attended the school, has fame, lives in Austin and is a big financial contributor.. similar to your hillbilly C&W crooners on your sidelines.

Again, read my posts .. hardly Kool aide at all hombre.

The lack of conference championships is the hole in Mack's resume.. just as bowl failures or inability to win a MNC with only his own players are Stoops' holes.

sooneron
9/25/2009, 10:14 AM

uh huh, sure. which ad agencies?

UTgradOUfan
9/25/2009, 11:22 AM
Oh.. I'm around. I generally dont reply to noobies because for the most part.. the leave as quickly as they arrive.

However... I'm thinking that Georgia Tech's fight song may very well be the best in the nation...

Well thanks Lid.
I guess I have to accept the noob comment as I don't post much. But I have ben around a long time. Long enough to remember what happened to Donnie Little. Long enough to remember what happened to Abe Lemmons. I am proud of my degrees but as long as UT tolerates Deloss Dodds I find it hard to be proud of UT athletics.
But just so you understand that I am not entirely bitter: Although mack is a tool Rick Barnes is a totally class guy and I respect his program. It is a shame this is not more of a basketball town as the team deserves better support than it gets. Thats not Barnes fault nor even Dodds.
Since you were polite enough to respond I apologize for the crack about Garrido. H:confused: e is a good guy and a delight to sit next to at Eddie Vs. But can anyone explain to me how he got pulled over for not having his lights on when they come on automatically in all Cayennes.

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 11:34 AM
Well thanks Lid.
I guess I have to accept the noob comment as I don't post much. But I have ben around a long time. Long enough to remember what happened to Donnie Little.

Donnie Little got the short end of the stick.

Long enough to remember what happened to Abe Lemmons.

I loved his sense of humor... the team that won the NIT (when the NIT was a good tournament) with Jim Krivacs, Johnny Moore, Tyrone Braxton and LaSalle Thompson was pretty salty.

I am proud of my degrees but as long as UT tolerates Deloss Dodds I find it hard to be proud of UT athletics.

Dodds called me in response to an email I sent to the athletic department a few years ago. And, financially, you can't argue with success since UT is the most financially successful program in the US. He has brought in good coaches in all major (and minor sports).

But just so you understand that I am not entirely bitter: Although mack is a tool Rick Barnes is a totally class guy and I respect his program.

I have met Mack a few times... admire the charity work he does,.. admire that he went to Iraq this past year with several other coaches, re-established ties with the Texas high school coaches and resurrected UT football. Mack the person seems to be a very good ambassador. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on him.

I do like the scheduling the basketball team does (North Carolina at Jerry's World in December)... Pitt... Iowa, Michigan State, Arkansas, UConn...

It is a shame this is not more of a basketball town as the team deserves better support than it gets. Thats not Barnes fault nor even Dodds.

Agreed

Since you were polite enough to respond I apologize for the crack about Garrido. H:confused: e is a good guy and a delight to sit next to at Eddie Vs. But can anyone explain to me how he got pulled over for not having his lights on when they come on automatically in all Cayennes.

Dont know.. I do have to ask...

How does a UT alum become an OU supporter? That is incongruous.

JLEW1818
9/25/2009, 11:37 AM
The lack of conference championships is the hole in Mack's resume.. just as bowl failures or inability to win a MNC with only his own players are Stoops' holes.

right, but if we played in more Holiday Bowls and Alamo Bowls, Stoops record would be better in bowl games too. Idc what bowl yall go to and what bowl we go to, If we win the conference, we already accomplished more than yall that year.

most horns think conference championships are easy, if that is the case, why does Mack only have 1 ?

4 national title appearances under Stoops this decade, Obviously we are doing something right, but we can't finish. Going to a national championship is still an accomplishment. A team that loses in the national title, accomplishes more than every other team in the nation, excluding the team that they lost to in that national title.

Yall don't get the chance to finish because yall never go.

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 12:16 PM
right, but if we played in more Holiday Bowls and Alamo Bowls, Stoops record would be better in bowl games too. Idc what bowl yall go to and what bowl we go to, If we win the conference, we already accomplished more than yall that year.

it seems like the Holiday Bowl is the only bowl you can win. Your Fiesta Bowl opponents have hardly been "powerhouses." Now if you want to compare overall BCS bowl records....

most horns think conference championships are easy, if that is the case, why does Mack only have 1 ?

going to call you out on that one. I know of NO ONE who thinks winning conference championships are easy. Let's see some links that show this. Anyone who knows college football knows that winning a conference, especially one like the Big XII is difficult.

4 national title appearances under Stoops this decade, Obviously we are doing something right, but we can't finish.

No argument there at all.

Going to a national championship is still an accomplishment.
Agreed

A team that loses in the national title, accomplishes more than every other team in the nation, excluding the team that they lost to in that national title.

Except I'm sure that there would be many on here who would be bashing Texas if we were to lose a MNC game. There is a huge double standard on here and an inability to give your rival any type of props.

Yall don't get the chance to finish because yall never go.

Who won the most recent MNC?
Has Stoops ever won an MNC with just his own players and without some outstanding coordinators?

UTgradOUfan
9/25/2009, 12:36 PM
Dont know.. I do have to ask...

How does a UT alum become an OU supporter? That is incongruous.

Fair question.

I was born and raised in OKC. In 1976 while I was a freshman at Missouri(my family is from there and big MU suporters) I came down to visit one of my best buddies who was at Southwestern Univ. in Georgetown(he is from a ranch family in Burnet Co.) and fell in love w/ Central Texas. It was warm, the girls were beautiful and the fishing was great. I enrolled at Southwestern the second day I was there. After graduating from SU I went to UT to get a Geology degree and went on to get my Masters. UT is an outstanding university and their geology program excellent. Austin is the most livable I know of.

I am an Okie and my allegiance will always be to the Sooners with whom I grew up following. I really started to resent UT's football program after what happened to Donnie Little and the barely concealed racism on behalf of the Alumni. Admit it, it takes only about 5 minutes for some drunk old alum to start crowing about UT being the last all-white NC team. I admit that attitude less and less prevalent and good riddance. Also, having grown up in OKC I always loved Abe Lemmons; what a great guy, coach and humorist.
Deloss Dodds is an a**. He did the same thing to Gustafson.

UT basketball and baseball are great and I enjoy following those programs. Football is another story. mack is a doofus and a whiner and the sooner he is gone the better.

Going to a game at Royal Memorial, while it is an outsatanding facility, does not come close to a game in Norman. Sooner fans are passionate and LOUD! UT games are pretty lame by comparision. When TT was in Norman last year you could not hear the person next to you when the Sooner D was on the field. Last Sat. night, even w/ all those people, was not loud.

I better quit there. Wife and I are going to go around Town(Lady Bird) Lake and then to Guerros.
Keep Austin Weird and the Sooners on top.:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/25/2009, 12:41 PM
Has Stoops ever won an MNC with just his own players and without some outstanding coordinators?

Good God, Lid

please don't tell me you are using that argument about Stoops' players.

Also, doesn't every team who wins a MNC have great coordinators?

goingoneight
9/25/2009, 12:49 PM
Allbarn certainly liked Gene Chizik. I don't think Greg Davis WANTS a HC job. He could've had one by now, even if not a spectacular job. He's like Mickey Andrews at FSU and to a certain extent BV here at OU. Although BV is still young. Isn't he like 37 or something? I remember Stoops hire at 38 or 39 and a lot of peeps called him "young."

Collier11
9/25/2009, 12:55 PM
LID, as hipocritical as it can be, we all know that on a ut board you will get those biased against OU for doing the same thing ut has done while on an OU board it would be the same, 90% of fans for a school see things that way.

I like to think that I am realistic, I know that we have had massive BCS failures but I also know that we have been to 4 National title games in ten years which no one else in the country has done and I also know that WVU was an injury to Pat white from playing for the natl title that year while we were without 6 starters, not an excuse just the truth.

Against Boise, everyone gets caught up in the David vs Goliath based on history but in reality, we were a good but not great team with a WR at QB, we were a 3 loss team, and they were undefeated and higher ranked. Again, not an excuse, just the facts.

I think even you could admit that we are 2 goal line plays against florida and 1 goal line play against LSU from having 3 National titles this decade and everyone worships Stoops like they do Pete Carroll. Having said that, we still lost so it is what it is.

CincySooner
9/25/2009, 01:00 PM

It's part of the head coach's job to hire a good staff. If anything I'd say he gets credit for having such good coordinators.

As for the players... it's not like Stoops fell into riches when he came to OU. They weren't stars until Stoops and Co. made them into stars.

Mississippi Sooner
9/25/2009, 01:02 PM
It's part of the head coach's job to hire a good staff. If anything I'd say he gets credit for having such good coordinators.

As for the players... it's not like Stoops fell into riches when he came to OU. They weren't stars until Stoops and Co. made them into stars.

Ain't that the truth. Under John Blake they struggled to win three games.

Collier11
9/25/2009, 01:04 PM
Lid, you cant use the "he hasnt won a natl title with his players" argument for several reasons

1) Who developed and coached up those players who were winning 4 or 5 games a year previous to Stoops
2)Josh Heupel and Roy Williams were Stoops players among several other big time contributors
3) He has still been to 3 other national title games with his "own" players so its not like he has fallen off as a program

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 01:19 PM
Lid, you cant use the "he hasnt won a natl title with his players" argument for several reasons

1) Who developed and coached up those players who were winning 4 or 5 games a year previous to Stoops
2)Josh Heupel and Roy Williams were Stoops players among several other big time contributors
3) He has still been to 3 other national title games with his "own" players so its not like he has fallen off as a program

Am not saying you guys have fallen off as a program.

But.. first.. the coordinators you have simply do not strike the fear of God in equally talented teams.

Mike Stoops was obviously an emotional firebrand leader and instilled that in the defense.

Leach and Mangino.. their quality has been shown in their subsequent head coaching jobs.

When was the last time you played an equally talented club and you sat back and observed.. "Damn.. the playcalling and game plan is excellent and we're going to win this game not because our players are more talented but because our game plan is incredible."

I believe I saw that last year when we played you. I still believe that your team last year had more talented players.. but, we had the better team (when you consider the team includes coaching)... Greg Davis, to his credit, simply outcoached Venables... and the adjustments Muschamp made after halftime, showed up on the scoreboard.

As for Blake's kids... you raise legitimate points to discuss. Nonetheless, without those kids, do you win that year? History seems to indicate otherwise.

JLEW1818
9/25/2009, 01:24 PM
Lid has mack brown ever done anything without Vince Young?? NO

So it takes a top 5 college player of all time, for texas to win a championship. their only championship (under brown)

Vince Young was the coach that year.. (well at least on the field, the dude is not too smart)

OU has won a championship with a WR at qb

Collier11
9/25/2009, 01:25 PM
without Heupel we sure as heck dont win

footballfanatic
9/25/2009, 01:29 PM
uh huh, sure. which ad agencies?

Miller High Life-J Walter Thompson 1984
AT&T-Y&R 87-90
US Army-Y&R 87-90
Chase Manhattan Bank-Wells Rich Greene 1992-94
Heineken-Wells, Lowe Worldwide 1997-2002
Mercedes-Lowe Worldwide 2001
Saab-Lowe Worldwide, 2001-2002
All of those agencies are (except for Wells, RIP) in NY

I currently work at a large ad agency in Austin that has many national and international brands.

footballfanatic
9/25/2009, 01:29 PM
I admit I was a bit rough on FFanatic. If you have ever spent any time at hornfans.com you can understand why he trolls over here. whorn fans are not a happy bunch and that is reflected on their board. It never occurs to me to post there as it is their board. It is a dysfunctional bunch so I let them be.

It does annoy me, however, that as long as he and Lid are over here they never respond to the content of my posts.

I will do a better job of responding directly to your emails.

JLEW1818
9/25/2009, 01:30 PM
7 points at home to aggy

that should pretty much end the debate

lol

UTgradOUfan
9/25/2009, 02:53 PM
Miller High Life-J Walter Thompson 1984
AT&T-Y&R 87-90
US Army-Y&R 87-90
Chase Manhattan Bank-Wells Rich Greene 1992-94
Heineken-Wells, Lowe Worldwide 1997-2002
Mercedes-Lowe Worldwide 2001
Saab-Lowe Worldwide, 2001-2002
All of those agencies are (except for Wells, RIP) in NY

I currently work at a large ad agency in Austin that has many national and international brands.

Say "Hi" to Mr. Gilmore for me. He's a class guy.
And I guess I should leave it at that.

Oh s*** I can't help myself. When you pull out of your parking lot take a R on 6th, a L on Lamar, a L on 5th down to Guadalupe. Go R one block, L on 4th
go across Lavaca and there you are back to your stool at the Oilcan.

Donabin
9/25/2009, 03:34 PM
Landry Jones is AT&T All American Player of the Week. I can't post a new thread so hopefully someone will read this and start a thread to congratulate him.

http://www.espnallamerica.com/

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 03:36 PM
Lid has mack brown ever done anything without Vince Young?? NO

So it takes a top 5 college player of all time, for texas to win a championship. their only championship (under brown)

Vince Young was the coach that year.. (well at least on the field, the dude is not too smart)

OU has won a championship with a WR at qb

Jlew.. that is the most parochial "group think" view of that 2005 team.

That 2005 team currently has.. I believe... 25 players in the NFL.. two Thorp award winners... and all recruited by Mack.

To say that "It was all Vince" ignores the facts and quite frankly, is a slight at your own team. For that 2005 team to beat Ou worse than any Texas team in the storied rivalry... and if you claim it was all due to 1 guy... doesn't say much about your program.

How many MNC's has Stoops won without Josh Heupel or solely his own recruits? ZERO.

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 03:38 PM
Say "Hi" to Mr. Gilmore for me. He's a class guy.
And I guess I should leave it at that.

Oh s*** I can't help myself. When you pull out of your parking lot take a R on 6th, a L on Lamar, a L on 5th down to Guadalupe. Go R one block, L on 4th
go across Lavaca and there you are back to your stool at the Oilcan.

Cedar Street across the street from Oil Can's is a fun place.

We really like Kenichi as well...

Uchi is very good too.

Had drinks and dinner at La Condesa last weekend...

Austin is fun.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2009, 03:49 PM

Has ANY coach won a national championship without some outstanding coordinators? That's just silly.

TexasLidig8r
9/25/2009, 04:11 PM
Has ANY coach won a national championship without some outstanding coordinators? That's just silly.

Who was LSU's offensive coordinator in 2007?