PDA

View Full Version : Most REVILED 'CANE of all time!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/21/2009, 01:18 AM
I have very little regard for Sooners who don't go to OU. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Shockey

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2009, 01:22 AM
He's a jackhole.

yermom
9/21/2009, 01:35 AM
leaving OK to go to Miami?

unforgivable.

PDXsooner
9/21/2009, 01:37 AM
imagine if texans had little regard for texans who didn't go to UT!:eek:

DarrellZero
9/21/2009, 01:40 AM
Not to defend this ******, but he claims that OU never recruited him.

9/21/2009, 01:43 AM
Not to defend this ******, but he claims that OU never recruited him.Hard to believe, isn't it?

pappy
9/21/2009, 01:45 AM
yeah they didn't recruit him out of high school and he was pissed about it so after he went to neo and we did recruit him from there he refused and went to miami kind of a if I wasn't good enough for you then, I'm not good enough for you now type deal.

yermom
9/21/2009, 01:47 AM

that's completely different :)

DarrellZero
9/21/2009, 01:47 AM
yeah they didn't recruit him out of high school and he was pissed about it so after he went to neo and we did recruit him from there he refused and went to miami kind of a if I wasn't good enough for you then, I'm not good enough for you now type deal.

Oh well something tells me he and the OU coaches wouldn't have gotten along anyway.

Just thank your lucky stars that we won't be facing Jacori Harris to Gresham in two weeks.

sooner59
9/21/2009, 02:24 AM
He's a primadonna anyway. No way Stoops gets along with him. Coker was a pushover and he got fired for it. He luckily inherited Butch Davis's recruits and was given a title on a silver platter. Where is Coker today? I know he has Oklahoma roots, but he was never that good of a coach, just had one of the best teams ever in 2001.

unbiasedtruth
9/21/2009, 03:26 AM
Coker is at UT - San Anotnio starting a football program from scratch.....

Crucifax Autumn
9/21/2009, 03:43 AM
Coker is at UT - San Anotnio starting a football program from scratch.....

That should be funny to watch.

unbiasedtruth
9/21/2009, 04:23 AM
I think he attended a couple of fall practices in Norman as a guest of Bob. the 2010 season will be UT-SA 1st season, dont know what FCS subdivsion they will play in though....

Petro-Sooner
9/21/2009, 04:25 AM

Wouldn't you kinda have the same resentment? I know I prolly might, but thats just me. I have no ill feelings toward him.

OU Adonis
9/21/2009, 06:48 AM
Larry Coker was an offensive Cooridinator for OU at one point. No need to bag on him so hard, he used to be a sooner.

soonerhubs
9/21/2009, 09:04 AM
Larry Coker was an offensive Cooridinator for OU at one point. No need to bag on him so hard, he used to be a sooner.

Not a very good litmus test:
See Mack Brown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Brown#Early_positions).

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2009, 09:12 AM
I could think of a few more that I dislike more than Shockey...And it doesn't bother me that he went to Miami...He was a skinny kid coming out of high school that was too slow for a wr and not big enough for a TE...

sooneron
9/21/2009, 10:34 AM
Highsmith - living up to the first part of his last name
Irvin

Tulsa_Fireman
9/21/2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.hurricane-facts.com/Hurricane-Andrew.jpg

Andrew.

What a doosh.

9/21/2009, 10:42 AM
See Mack Brown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Brown#Early_positions).Uh huh!

Sooner04
9/21/2009, 10:46 AM
Michael Irvin.

Nobody comes close.

9/21/2009, 10:56 AM
Michael Irvin.

Nobody comes close.Kellen Winslow jr. is sorta objectionable, too.

stoopified
9/21/2009, 10:56 AM
He's a primadonna anyway. No way Stoops gets along with him. Coker was a pushover and he got fired for it. He luckily inherited Butch Davis's recruits and was given a title on a silver platter. Where is Coker today? I know he has Oklahoma roots, but he was never that good of a coach, just had one of the best teams ever in 2001.Yeah and Jimmy Johnson inherited Scnelly's recruits for his NC,your point?

bluedogok
9/21/2009, 11:24 AM

that's completely different :)
Many do...it's not like UT can sign them all, some may say they would rather see them stay in Texas but we all know that is a load of BS. They wouldn't want A&M or Tech to get them either.

I think he attended a couple of fall practices in Norman as a guest of Bob. the 2010 season will be UT-SA 1st season, dont know what FCS subdivsion they will play in though....
They are starting football out in I-AA, their other sports teams already compete in Division I sports. They are hoping to move up after a few years. I think they may be the third or fourth largest college in the state, somewhere around that. Texas State (San Marcos) has stated they want to move up from I-AA as well and they are the fifth largest.

Lott's Bandana
9/21/2009, 11:28 AM
See Mack Brown (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mack_Brown#Early_positions).

Difference:

Larry Coker still has friends/connections in Oklahoma and is very much an open supporter of OU, rather like Jim Donnan but even more.

I like the guy, hope he does well.

yermom
9/21/2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah and Jimmy Johnson inherited Scnelly's recruits for his NC,your point?

i don't think you'll find much love for him here either ;)

and yeah, the f'in soldier is probably #1 on this list

beer4me
9/21/2009, 12:00 PM
i don't think you'll find much love for him here either ;)

and yeah, the f'in soldier is probably #1 on this list

He's #1 on mine. Dang thing about it is I loved his dad when he played with my Chargers

MyT Oklahoma
9/21/2009, 12:03 PM
All of them.

jkjsooner
9/21/2009, 12:59 PM

He was also at OSU. Not to mention he was a horribly predictable offensive coordinator at OU. Maybe it was Gibbs' fault....

Packer898
9/21/2009, 05:11 PM
Man I cant blame the kid, look at OU in the 90's. We had some real Jackhole head coachs.

Just think, as a sophomore he had to watch a 3-8 OU team. Yeah we had Stoops but he was still unproven at that time. Honestly I know I would have a hard time convincing myself to get all hyped up to play for another Blake.

TMcGee86
9/21/2009, 05:44 PM
Wouldn't you kinda have the same resentment? I know I prolly might, but thats just me. I have no ill feelings toward him.

This.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/21/2009, 05:47 PM
shockey was a recruiting miss plain and simple. an understandable one at that.

however, does anyone have that old picture of randall hill in the cotton bowl tunnel? i'd like that one for posterity.

yermom
9/21/2009, 05:48 PM
ok, so i didn't know the story. basically, the first i heard of him was when he won the Mackey over Trent Smith and i heard he was from OK

i guess i can't really blame him for not wanting to play for Stoops before 2000

9/21/2009, 05:56 PM
ok, so i didn't know the story. basically, the first i heard of him was when he won the Mackey over Trent Smith and i heard he was from OK

i guess i can't really blame him for not wanting to play for Stoops before 2000It is somewhat understandable, but why didn't he just go to Tennessee, or UCLA, instead of the CANES, fergodssakes?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/21/2009, 05:57 PM
I could think of a few more that I dislike more than Shockey...And it doesn't bother me that he went to Miami...He was a skinny kid coming out of high school that was too slow for a wr and not big enough for a TE...

not to mention he was what? 5'11" as a senior? its like blaming all the colleges for missing on david robinson - who needs a 6-5 center?

Sooner04
9/21/2009, 06:57 PM
Also, don't forget that Miami swooped in and took him out of NEO after his freshman year. I don't think anybody had even begun recruiting him all that hard yet.

9/21/2009, 07:48 PM
not to mention he was what? 5'11" as a senior? its like blaming all the colleges for missing on david robinson - who needs a 6-5 center?Okay Okay, Miami is just fine, a Wonderful U, and Shockey was perfectly right to bird OU and sign with one of our biggest rivals. Give that sucka a hand, now!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/21/2009, 08:09 PM
Okay Okay, Miami is just fine, a Wonderful U, and Shockey was perfectly right to bird OU and sign with one of our biggest rivals.

i guess he could have signed with us EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T HAVE AN OFFER.

shockey was an odd case in that he qualified for D1 straight out of high school but didn't receive any offers. OU was interested, but because the NEO coach was going to use him as the centerpiece of his offense the next season, we didn't offer. shockey was fairly hacked off at both parties and when miami offered he took it. davis got in some hot water with the coach which was assuaged 2 years later when he placed 2 players at NEO (1 ended up here as a TE).

in shockey's eyes, we did him wrong twice -> not offering him out of high school and then trying to make him wait another year in juco.

soonerinabilene
9/21/2009, 08:18 PM
warren sapp. i hated him from the beginning, then after that hit on clifton i wished he would have been that dude ray lewis "didnt" kill.

SoonerObsession
9/21/2009, 08:19 PM
Vinnie Testaverde

I know he's not really a typical Miami punk, but he made me cry when I was 12 years old for throwing the ball all over the field on my Sooners.

Curly Bill
9/21/2009, 08:40 PM
Vinne Testaverde for the reasons mentioned above ^^^^^^

...and Kellen Winslow jr

SapulpaSooner
9/21/2009, 10:11 PM
leaving OK to go to Miami?

unforgivable.

You do not have leave oklahoma to go to Miami ;)

PLaw
9/21/2009, 10:19 PM
Most reviled??

Jerome Brown - isn't he the cat who broke Troy's leg???

Beyond that, Testaverde is up there.

btk108
9/21/2009, 10:23 PM
Am I blind or did I miss Bennie Blades on the list?

yermom
9/21/2009, 10:26 PM
You do not have leave oklahoma to go to Miami ;)

i'm not talking about Miamuh :D

Salt City Sooner
9/21/2009, 10:57 PM
Just before the '88 Orange Bowl, Miami's starting MLB, George Mira Jr., was suspended for testing positive for steroids, which gave me a good chunk of hope, seeing as how success in the fullback base play was the key to getting the 'bone cranked up. Then, a relative unknown (to say the least) backup named Bernard Clark proceeded to basically step on my throat when game night came. :mad:

The thing that really stunk later was that he went to the Bengals (my NFL team), so I had to hold my nose & root for the guy who had ripped my heart out earlier.