PDA

View Full Version : Biggest road game?

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/20/2009, 07:05 PM
Is this the biggest road game of the Stoops era? The only ones that were bigger that come to mind would be the KSU game in 00' and the Nebraska game in 01', but I think its close. Those games may have had higher ranked teams but I think that if Stoops and the boys go down there and take care of Miami that Stoops might just earn back the title of Big Game Bob.

soonervegas
9/20/2009, 07:38 PM
It would definitely help get back some "swagger". :)

PLaw
9/20/2009, 08:31 PM
Is this the biggest road game of the Stoops era? The only ones that were bigger that come to mind would be the KSU game in 00' and the Nebraska game in 01', but I think its close. Those games may have had higher ranked teams but I think that if Stoops and the boys go down there and take care of Miami that Stoops might just earn back the title of Big Game Bob.

This afternoon, I was thinking that the next 4 weeks may be one of the more pivitol stretches for the short term future of Stoops' program. Winning against a resurgent Cane program and whipping Texas will put the program on a strong upward trend. Split those two games and Big Game Bob's reputation questions will continue to linger. Lose both and the sun may start setting on another great era of Sooner football.

Granted, Switzer had some rough years from '81-'84 and left several National Championships on the field at the OB. But, it just seems we have been a on a downward trend against good teams out of the region for some time.

This defense is finding its swagger and here's to Bob finding his mojo.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 08:34 PM
it just feels bigger because it's the "current" season

Okie35
9/20/2009, 08:35 PM
Honestly in my opinion it's not really that big.

Hot Rod
9/20/2009, 08:41 PM

:pop:

AzianSooner
9/20/2009, 09:02 PM
Big Game Bob needes help. He need to have his coaching staff to do a REAL careful job to analyzing and setting up posibilities and proof test for the game plane.

That sure happened with the previous coaches who were experience and no lazy.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/20/2009, 09:06 PM
YOU NO LAZY

BoomerJ
9/20/2009, 09:56 PM
Big Game Bob needes help. He need to have his coaching staff to do a REAL careful job to analyzing and setting up posibilities and proof test for the game plane.

No offense AzianSooner, but you might need to proof test your post.

Sooner in Tampa
9/21/2009, 06:24 AM
Personally, I think ALL games against ranked opponents are HUGE!!

w0lfe
9/21/2009, 10:20 AM
What we dont need to do, which is what we have done a few times, is change up what has been successful all season. (see ou vs florida)

sooneron
9/21/2009, 10:31 AM
Nebbish

tooslow
9/21/2009, 08:53 PM
Split those two games and Big Game Bob's reputation questions will continue to linger. Lose both and the sun may start setting on another great era of Sooner football.

That's how I feel.

Anyone remember the last time Stoops has beaten a ranked team outside the Big XII? Oregon in the Holiday Bowl? :mad:

sooner94
9/21/2009, 11:42 PM

That's what she said.

GottaHavePride
9/21/2009, 11:58 PM
In hindsight, I think @ A&M in 2000 was Stoops' biggest road game, although no one would have called it that before kickoff.

Crucifax Autumn
9/22/2009, 01:07 AM
You know what Miami is? The NEXT game. That's all and of course we need to win it. After that, we need to win the NEXT game. Lather, rinse, repeat.

mightysooner
9/22/2009, 01:09 AM

ME LUV YOU LONG TIME.

AlbqSooner
9/22/2009, 05:54 AM
Boomerj and mightysooner need to try rewriting that post for AzianSooner. But you need to write it in Cambodian. THEN you will have earned the right to poke fun at someone's sentence structure. A Sooner fan is a Sooner fan.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/22/2009, 08:32 AM
Boomerj and mightysooner need to try rewriting that post for AzianSooner. But you need to write it in Cambodian. THEN you will have earned the right to poke fun at someone's sentence structure. A Sooner fan is a Sooner fan.

It's all love here in the football forum

The Ghost of Mex
9/22/2009, 02:09 PM

Bad form…bad form.

Do not forget that old saying from the sea, “poorly written wisdom is still wisdom nevertheless.”

:rolleyes:

tommieharris91
9/22/2009, 02:15 PM
Bad form…bad form.

Do not forget that old saying from the sea, “poorly written wisdom is still wisdom nevertheless.”

:rolleyes:

Here's someone who missed the point of the post he quoted.

yermom
9/22/2009, 02:16 PM
c'mon. he can't even speel Asian right ;)

cheezyq
9/22/2009, 02:23 PM

I agree that the opponent is overrated. But I think the game is huge. I want our defense to be seen on TV roasting an ibis before the game and having a snack. I want to see their duck mascot (that ain't no ibis) burned in effigy on the sidelines. Then I want to see the Schooner roll over it after every TD we score.

The Ghost of Mex
9/22/2009, 02:24 PM
Here's someone who missed the point of the post he quoted.

I yield to you sir…you are correct.

:(

Tulsa_Fireman
9/22/2009, 02:47 PM
YOU STILL NO LAZY

schlanker
9/22/2009, 03:46 PM
I dont think it is a big game. If we were undefeated it would be. We are out of the NC chase. All we can hope for is to win the big XII. This game wont help us with that one way or the other.

Gresho Murford
9/22/2009, 03:53 PM
I dont think it is a big game. If we were undefeated it would be. We are out of the NC chase. All we can hope for is to win the big XII. This game wont help us with that one way or the other.

Im sorry but this post is ignorance. 1.) We aren't out of the NC chase. 2.) See last year why non conference games can matter when vying for a conference championship.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/23/2009, 09:11 AM

I disagree with the out of the MNC chase. We are the highest ranked one loss team. The loss was without our Heisman winning starting QB and there is not going to be an undefeated team again this year. I say that we still control our own destiny. Win out and we are playing in our 5 MNC game in 10 years.