PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 College GameDay

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 04:02 PM
Iowa at Penn St

this is stupid. it's not even the best game of the day.

Miami at Virginia Tech is, by far!!!!!

Cool Iowa beat Penn St last year.

The game is locked at 7pm on abc, okay i understand it has to be Prime Time then. But you can still do gameday at Virginia Tech, and Herbie can fly to Penn St to announce the game with Musburger, just like he did many times last year.

this hype is stupid. just like the tech ut game.

NOBODY WANTS TO ****ING WATCH BIG 10 FOOTBALL

http://espn.go.com/college-football/gameday

bluedogok
9/20/2009, 04:05 PM
Maybe they are going to be in Miami the following week...

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe they are going to be in Miami the following week...

I'm hoping not... i don't want to play them at night. Good thing USC plays at CAL... they get the night gave for sure at 7, already official.

Hopefully we get Miami at 2:30 ABC

i think that has lock written all over it

tigepilot
9/20/2009, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping not... i don't want to play them at night. Good thing USC plays at CAL... they get the night gave for sure at 7, already official.

Hopefully we get Miami at 2:30 ABC

i think that has lock written all over it

This would be good. I've been worrying about a night game there as well.

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 04:30 PM
I've looked at schedules... the game will be on ESPN for sure

the question is...

will it be at 230, or 6

bluedogok
9/20/2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think they are always at the night game, or at least they haven't always been especially when they are at an afternoon SEC game on CBS.

The other big game would be USC at Cal, if USC hadn't lost that would be the location more than likely. Now it is probably a 50-50 proposition depending upon next weeks games.

okiewaker
9/20/2009, 05:33 PM
The only game of note is Miami vs VT. I think cal plays oregon.

I don't know

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 06:02 PM
I don't think they are always at the night game, or at least they haven't always been especially when they are at an afternoon SEC game on CBS.

The other big game would be USC at Cal, if USC hadn't lost that would be the location more than likely. Now it is probably a 50-50 proposition depending upon next weeks games.

yah they are not always at a night game... like last year OU/ut

but Penn st gets Iowa on ABC 7 PM Saturday (decided before season)

and now gameDay will be there also

missann
9/20/2009, 06:36 PM
Is the Miami-Tech game on CBS? Maybe they don't want to hype it. Kinda like going to UT-Tech yesterday instead of UF-Tenn.

bri
9/20/2009, 06:42 PM
I heard today that OU/Miami kickoff is 6 p.m. Central. So we won't be the ABC primetime game, but we will be playing at night.

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 06:49 PM
Miami-Tech is on ABC

they still hyped the **** outta ut/Tech in my opinion

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 06:50 PM
I heard today that OU/Miami kickoff is 6 p.m. Central. So we won't be the ABC primetime game, but we will be playing at night.

****, that means it will be on ESPN

night game . rats

i was hoping for 230

Denton_Sooner
9/20/2009, 07:12 PM
Night games in Happy Valley sure look good in HD though... Other than Oklahoma, Penn State's got the best looking uni's in college football..

Bad news about the 7:00 EST kick in Miami though., if it sticks.. Kinda knew it was going that way after all the "ewe" love after Friday night.. They will be loud and obnoxious down there for sure..

Anyone think Miami will keep the dirt on the field as an advantage, or will they try to sod it out?

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 07:16 PM
i think having an infield on a football field should be an automatic loss

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 07:28 PM
man i hope we play there again in December

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 07:31 PM
W IS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denton_Sooner
9/20/2009, 07:34 PM
It'll definitly be grass by then (and I agree 100% about the baseball field thing), but....

Riddle me this... If you were an AD of a program that had fallen a bit from glory with the chance to take down a top 10 team (that throttled you 51-13two years ago BTW) and a Nationally dominant program in prime time, AND you feel that it would give you a bit of an advantage in the kicking game as well as slowing down a scary defense your soft armed QB will be facing, would you maybe, just maybe try to use it to your advantage?

If I were Bob, I would have everyone on the OU baseball field at least a couple of times (at least to pick cleats)...

bri
9/20/2009, 08:10 PM
I remember when Dan Marino tore his Achilles tendon on the freshly-sodded infield of Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark Stadium. Multi-sport stadiums are the devil.

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 08:45 PM
Miami opened as a 2 point fav against VT

badger
9/20/2009, 08:58 PM
I think they were going for more variety of the Gameday sites this week and last week as opposed to finding the biggest game in college football.

I don't really care whether they go to Va Tech or Penn State ... but it's about time for FSN or Versus to step up and start competing with Espen on this. They already are doing a good job of getting additional games on TV, but they could take this further.

bri
9/20/2009, 09:34 PM
FSN tried a competing pregame show, but they have the production values of a mid-tier high school. And Versus is seen on about ten TV's. It'll be years before anyone can even think about making a dent in the WWL's lead.

bluedogok
9/20/2009, 09:38 PM
I remember when Dan Marino tore his Achilles tendon on the freshly-sodded infield of Joe Robbie/Pro Player/Dolphins/Dolphin/Land Shark Stadium. Multi-sport stadiums are the devil.
They have started construction on the Marlins Ballpark where the old Orange Bowl Stadium was located. So in 2012 they will not have to screw up Joe Robbie Stadium for baseball.

SPuL
9/20/2009, 10:00 PM
Is the Miami-Tech game on CBS? Maybe they don't want to hype it. Kinda like going to UT-Tech yesterday instead of UF-Tenn.

only SEC games are on CBS