PDA

View Full Version : Our D capatlizes in the red zone, be happy about this

Collier11
9/20/2009, 02:19 PM
Ive heard many opposing fans as well as OU fans worried that our D has allowed BYU and Tulsa to get in the red zone and then the other team committed turnovers that took away scoring chances.

Folks make no mistake, this is a good thing not a bad thing. Teams are going to drive on you from time to time, get big plays, etc...the key is if your D can step up and make big plays when it matters. I believe we have forced 3 red zone turnovers against BYU and Tulsa, possibly more?

This means that we not only have a good Defense, but we have a playmaking Defense and this will come up big in some of our bigger games, trust me!

birddog
9/20/2009, 02:25 PM
it looks like they already have an identity on defense. barring injuries, i believe we'll be much improved since last year.

shutting out tulsa is nothing to sluff off.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2009, 02:31 PM
I totally agree. Forced turnovers are huge - red zone or not. Almost all teams have skill these days and they are going to move the ball at times. But if you make them run a lot of plays to get points and there is constant pressure on those plays, they will make mistakes. Our D has certainly been applying that pressure so far. It's going to be a long 2 weeks waiting to see how they do against the Canes...

Collier11
9/20/2009, 02:45 PM
We really need the Canes to beat Va Tech, a top 10 win on the road against an undefeated team would be huge for us nationally