PDA

View Full Version : The Sooners show that they have an answer for next year

SOFSooner
9/20/2009, 11:55 AM
The Sooners have shown the past two weeks that they have an answer if and when Sam Bradford goes to the NFL. We have a proven commodity at QB, that is more than teams like florida or texas can say. When teblow and mccoy are in the nfl who will take their place? This bodes very well for OU for the next 2 to 3 football seasons. I would have liked to have seen Bradford play for the entire season without injuries, but I guess this can be seen as a silver lining. Boomer Sooner.

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 11:57 AM
No-brainer.

FEAR THE STACHE ! ! !

Hella Sideburns
9/20/2009, 11:58 AM
Another good thing is that Jones is so similar to Bradford in his strengths, that the offense won't have to really be changed much at all, the transition will be very easy.

I know it's just been Idaho State and Tulsa, but it's obvious that the tools are there. Jones has a strong arm, and while I wouldn't go so far as to call him "very accurate," you can tell that he will be in time.

Stitch Face
9/20/2009, 11:58 AM
I thought it was going to be NIchol.?

IronHorseSooner
9/20/2009, 12:09 PM
What is even better, IMHO, is that four of the five OL are either frosh or sophs! I know that the best one of the OL leaves after the year, but this bodes REAL well. Throw in Broyles, Caleb, and the talented fold of RBs, and this offense will be special for a long time. On D, it will interesting to see who stays. If we run the table from here on out, and play for another MNC, we might see a mass exodus of underclassmen (Franks, Beal, Lewis). The only underclassman that I see going no matter what is GK. He MIGHT be the first player taken, especially if it is the Bucs (they have been looking for another Warren Sapp style player for a while). If those three young men stay, we will still have a dominant front front seven. Throw in Trice, J. Harris, and Hurst as DBs, and this team will be vying for championships into the foreseeable future. BOOMER!

JBIILonghorns
9/20/2009, 01:45 PM
We have a proven commodity at QB, that is more than teams like florida or texas can say.

Really? Because Texas' Garrett Gilbert will be the next Texas QB, and he's excellent.

Not sure about the Gators.

kevpks
9/20/2009, 02:00 PM
Really? Because Texas' Garrett Gilbert will be the next Texas QB, and he's excellent.

You base Gilbert's excellence on what? Good high school stats?

sooner ngintunr
9/20/2009, 02:03 PM

Can't base it on anything else.

He's a stoopid arse whorn, doesn't understand what proven commodity means.

fadada1
9/20/2009, 02:06 PM

isn't this how we predict pro football careers? and you all thought vince young wouldn't make the hall of fame.

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 02:11 PM

ROTFLMFAO!

Thanks for the laugh. I was starting to nod off a bit. :pop:

engineer24
9/20/2009, 03:38 PM
What is even better, IMHO, is that four of the five OL are either frosh or sophs!

Well that wont mean jack if we cant actually hold onto the guys we recruit in that position. OU has had one of the worst retention rates of OL recruits of any program in recent memory. Somebody posted a thread on this once, I think it showed that since 2003, OU has lost something like 60% of their OL recruits who never even played a down before transferring, quitting, getting injured, etc

Blitzkrieg
9/21/2009, 07:23 AM
Sam is going pro, he has to. The pay structure is changing, had it changed this year like originally planned, he'd have left this year.

47straight
12/5/2010, 11:20 PM

I hate *. But their fans run their mouths and laughing at them makes it bearable.

007sooner
12/5/2010, 11:30 PM
nice bump.
tuck fexas.

3rdgensooner
12/5/2010, 11:33 PM
Really? Because Texas' Garrett Gilbert will be the next Texas QB, and he's excellent.He does **** excellence....down his leg.

VA Sooner
12/5/2010, 11:47 PM
We're set for a while... future's looking bright... I gotta wear shades.

sooner518
12/5/2010, 11:50 PM

http://content6.flixster.com/photo/11/25/57/11255768_gal.jpg
"Do you wanna change your bull**** story sir?"

soonercastor
12/6/2010, 06:45 AM
http://i11.tinypic.com/6gnskyd