PDA

View Full Version : To Raiders Fans...

jkjsooner
9/20/2009, 11:23 AM
The ground can't cause a fumble but it can cause an incompletion. You can't fumble if you never establish possession.

The ball just has to cross the plain of the goal line but you also have to establish possession and in the NFL possession isn't established until you secure the catch throughout the entire process of falling to the ground.

Two feet are all that is required. That is true but not sufficient to establish that a catch was made.

Logic seems to escape Raider fans. Argue that the ball was secured throughout the entire fall to the ground and it didn't move until the fall was complete. That's at least a logical argument.

Oh, and I've seen this called at least two or three times in the NFL so nobody is picking on you.

That's all... and I'm well aware that the odds of a Raider fan seeing this are slim to none.

GrapevineSooner
9/20/2009, 03:30 PM
Scott's a Raider fan.

But he's also a knowledgeable sports fan, so I know your post won't apply to him. ;)

Honestly, much of the blame on this goes on ESPN for not showing the angle behind the play that clearly showed the Raider receiver lost control of the ball when he went to the ground.

I thought it was funny when the NFL Director of Officiating, Mike Peirera, basically lectured ESPN for perpetuating the myth that this was even a close call.