PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Bryant

okienole3
9/20/2009, 01:18 AM
What happened to him? Also, what happened to Donald Stephenson?

Petro-Sooner
9/20/2009, 02:05 AM
Who?

gaylordfan1
9/20/2009, 04:26 AM
What happened to him? Also, what happened to Donald Stephenson?

They are both playing second to those playing better.:D

okienole3
9/20/2009, 09:06 AM
I know, but Bryant isn't even playing special teams.

CK Sooner
9/20/2009, 09:24 AM
Bryant not playing on special teams is very strange. I do know that he is still on the team because he was suited up on the sidelines.

okienole3
9/20/2009, 10:58 AM
Bryant not playing on special teams is very strange. I do know that he is still on the team because he was suited up on the sidelines.

Was he this week? Because last week, I wasn't in my regular seats, so I was able to see the sidelines and I didn't see him. Of course, that may had something to do with the monsoon.

LawtonBoy74
9/20/2009, 11:05 AM
Thats so weird that he's not playin Special Teams..is he suspended for a while or something?? cuz he is a senior right??

SoonerSinger3
9/20/2009, 12:49 PM
Why does everyone always assume that certain players are in the doghouse if they aren't playing? With the exception of Madu(which doesn't make a whole lot of sense). J.R. Bryant never was supposed to be a star. Yeah, he's a physical specimen, but he never has started since he has been at OU. He has played either linebacker and D End at OU. Now tell me how in the world is he going to crack into the starting lineup at either of those positions. And for the special teams, I'm pretty sure he was on kickoff coverage last year. And we know what happened to them last year. Not saying it was his fault, but he contributed to a poor coverage team.

okienole3
9/20/2009, 02:38 PM
Never said he was going to be a star. I don't expect him to see the field much on d, I just wondered why he wasn't on special teams. He was on more than just kickoff team last year.

SoonerSinger3
9/20/2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, true you didn't say he was going to be a star, but it is strange he isn't on kickoff coverage. Either way, he still is a member of the greatest CFB program of all time!

htownsooner7
9/20/2009, 08:11 PM
Bryant was on all the special teams last year. Made a big play knocking down a fake punt, something fishy about him not playing at all.