PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Pumpers: 1 , Me: -0-...Zero... Nada... Nil... Zip... Nothin'...

soonerboy_odanorth
9/19/2009, 11:49 PM
I stand by that nothing we saw out of this club the first two games would lead anyone to believe we could dominate a quality opponent. (And I do believe Tulsa is a quality opponent.)

But Sunshine Pumpers would tell me... if I would pull my pinkies out of my ears... that this staff excells at development and problem solving.

In short, the defense was nothing short of spectacular today. Some of you will say... "it was Tulsa, what do you expect." And I say, after watching Tulsa play today it is clear they have some really good athletes and they are very well coached. To paraphrase the King, they give scholarships, too.

And to hold this Tulsa bunch to a goose egg IS spectacular!

And, you have to love the future. Simple math:

Game one Landry: 50% completion rate
Game two Landry: 57% completion rate
Game three Landry: 67% completion rate.
It is true we put ourselves in a hole this year with BYU. Personally I try to balance between optimism and pessimism which I believe is a zone called "reality". Having said that if you watched the game today and aren't exited for the future then you are a hopeless pessimist.

From BYU to today... amazing job by the coaching staff. The "level-set" is of course, "Why wasn't this team this prepared for BYU?"

Don't know. But it is water under the bridge.

This team has raced around the corner and appears to be ready to compete.

I don't know if we have enough juice to go into South Florida and pull it out... But I know now it is going to be a dogfight.

After watching our D today, we may have the bigger dog.

Not sayin'... Just sayin'...

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:54 PM
Good to see you're coming around to my side! lol

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2009, 11:57 PM
Our D is giving up 4.6666666666(you get the idea) points per game.

Amazing.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/20/2009, 12:02 AM
Heh. I was always on the "Sooner side". Which I assume you were. So any previous disagreements were clearly family fued and exempt from being scored by the Russian judge. :D

En_Fuego
9/20/2009, 12:14 AM
The Defense is excellent, but the real story is Landry Jones. I think he is amazing. The foot work and arm strength are superb. What a "Back Up" QB.

the_edge
9/20/2009, 12:17 AM
The Defense is excellent, but the real story is Landry Jones. I think he is amazing. The foot work and arm strength are superb. What a "Back Up" QB.

The 'stached one throws smoke.

soonerchris
9/20/2009, 12:46 AM
Gee. This is what I've been saying!!!! I'm not so optomistic that I can't see what's reality but this is a SOONER board. My biggest fear if we were to lose another is the mass suicide that would follow. Course most of the neg people would be off the board.........

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 12:50 AM
Gee. This is what I've been saying!!!! I'm not so optomistic that I can't see what's reality but this is a SOONER board. My biggest fear if we were to lose another is the mass suicide that would follow. Course most of the neg people would be off the board.........

Nope, been here awhile, and still not a sunshine pumper. :rolleyes:

Collier11
9/20/2009, 01:02 AM
Stoops has always been a better coach when he has a reason to be pissed off, not sure why he doesnt take this attitude at all times but now that he has that motivation and embarrassment of the byu game, we may have nice run in us :D

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 01:09 AM
Stoops has always been a better coach when he has a reason to be pissed off, not sure why he doesnt take this attitude at all times but now that he has that motivation and embarrassment of the byu game, we may have nice run in us :D

Do you think I can get away with suggesting that maybe our staff has had the arrogance knocked out of it? Finally!

Though with our play in bowl games I don't know what they'd have to be arrogant about. ;)

Collier11
9/20/2009, 01:13 AM
Perhaps, I just think we tend to lose focus once a year or so under Stoops

spacecadet
9/20/2009, 05:32 AM
I still believe that butt kicking USC gave OU in January 2005 did more harm to this coaching staff than anyone will ever admit.

Certainly the KSU debacle the year before might have tipped the scale a tad but that USC game got in Bobs head somehow and it's playing jedi mind tricks on him every once in awhile.

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 08:22 AM
FIRE BRENT VENABLES ! ! !

I can't stand another shutout. :D

OUHOMER
9/20/2009, 09:02 AM
FIRE BRENT VENABLES ! ! !

I can't stand another shutout. :D

Curly, would be proud of you. :D

ashley
9/20/2009, 09:10 AM
Tulsa is not very good.