PDA

View Full Version : Pride comes before the fall...

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:05 PM
I will bet anyone on here $50 that Florida does not win the national title this year, they like everyone else have holes in their team and Tebow is a little too full of himself

Hotrod3157
9/19/2009, 11:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing today when I was watching bits and pieces of their game. They aren't nearly as scary without Harvin. I dont care how fast the other two scat backs are they aren't near the football player that Harvin was at Florida.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:12 PM
I just dont think they are the best team in the country, now im not sure who is yet but I dont think as of today it is them

batonrougesooner
9/19/2009, 11:13 PM
So we can just pay each other fifty bucks when someone other that Fl-TimTebowdiedforoursins-orida doesn't win this year? I agree with you.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:15 PM
works for me :D

I have no doubt that they will NOT be national champions this year

GottaHavePride
9/19/2009, 11:15 PM
Tebow: 0 TD passes, 1 INT, and was their leading rusher with over 20 rushing attempts?

No way to they get through their schedule undefeated. Right now I'd say LSU, Arkansas, and FSU all look like they could take Florida.

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 11:18 PM
Bama might be the best team in the country.

GottaHavePride
9/19/2009, 11:19 PM
True. Bama isn't on Florida's schedule, though, unless they meet in the SEC Championship.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:20 PM
Im not sure who it is yet but it isnt Florida

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:22 PM
phlorida can suck it like herbie.

gaylordfan1
9/19/2009, 11:26 PM
I want to see ole miss drop them again. Then we can say they have been NUTTED again. In the SEC championship game that is.

SunnySooner
9/20/2009, 12:01 AM
As a FL resident, I would LOVE to see FSU beat them in the Swamp, Tebow's last home game, would be better than Christmas. But also, Geaux Tigers. I'm not that picky.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/20/2009, 12:08 AM
Watching the body language of the right reverand's teammates today, I would say that his act is wearing VERY thin for many on his own team. I'm starting to think he is going to lose them by the end of the year.

Funny thing is... I'm not hoping for that. I'm hoping they go all the way and we pull out a miracle and go all the way from where we are and get another shot at 'em.

But Timmy may be exhibiting too many signs of Jeff George disease....Some of you may know exacly what I am talking about. If you can't surmise, I'll expound.

Collier11
9/20/2009, 12:12 AM
I dont think he will lose them but I can see where they may be sick of his act or the attention he gets

Crucifax Autumn
9/20/2009, 12:15 AM
I don't care who else makes it to the big game as long as we are one of them.

yermom
9/20/2009, 12:29 AM
i just don't see it happening. it's too perfect. like USC in 2005

jumperstop
9/20/2009, 12:36 AM
I would be pissed if I was on Flordia's team and Tebow, who already gets all the attention there is screaming his guts out at me.

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 12:48 AM
Here's looking forward to Timmy getting his NFL shot to see how they respond to his over the top antics. :D

...and no, I do not think he'll be a good NFL player.

soonerborn30
9/20/2009, 01:07 AM
It'd be funny if he got drafted by the Ravens, just so he could get yelled at by Ray Lewis for a while. I'd DVR that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/20/2009, 03:52 AM
My favorite moment was when Lou Holtz said Tebow would be a Top 15 pick in this last draft...and the look on Mel Kiper's face

sozo
9/20/2009, 08:59 AM
Watching the body language of the right reverand's teammates today, I would say that his act is wearing VERY thin for many on his own team. I'm starting to think he is going to lose them by the end of the year.

Funny thing is... I'm not hoping for that. I'm hoping they go all the way and we pull out a miracle and go all the way from where we are and get another shot at 'em.

But Timmy may be exhibiting too many signs of Jeff George disease....Some of you may know exacly what I am talking about. If you can't surmise, I'll expound.

Maybe,but George did have an ARM!:)

beer4me
9/20/2009, 09:03 AM
I didn't see the whole game I was flipping back and forth but I saw little tim on the side lines just screaming is arse off at his team mates and bobbing that fat head of his up and down.

I missed the play so I don't know what he was screaming about, but then just a few plays later he throws a int.

priceless

OUAlumni1990
9/20/2009, 09:55 AM
I will bet anyone on here $50 that Florida does not win the national title this year, they like everyone else have holes in their team and Tebow is a little too full of himself

agree 100%, they should have ROLLED Tennessee.

OUAlumni1990
9/20/2009, 09:57 AM
I think the upset will come in Baton Rouge. I've been down there and talked to LSU fans. They have that date circled on their calender and want to tap that azz.

IronHorseSooner
9/20/2009, 09:59 AM
I think the upset will come in Baton Rouge. I've been down there and talked to LSU fans. They have that date circled on their calender and want to tap that azz.

Believe me, living down here in Tebowland, I would love to see them get crushed at Baton Rouge. The only bad thing about that is it would shift the SEC worship from Timmah to Lucky Lester:mad:

Monster Zero
9/20/2009, 10:04 AM

Please expound.

Personally, I wasn't surprised to see The Most Right Reverend's maniacal screaming with blood shooting out of his eyes. I think it's really all about him and not about Jesus, or else he wouldn't have been screaming maniacally with blood shooting out of his eyes.

I won't be surprised to see him pull a Woody Hayes if things don't go his way.

And yeah, it's gonna be interesting to hear what his present teammates have to say off the record in due time...

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 10:14 AM
Olevet has a coffee table where he keeps little "Timmy T". I believe he's gonna fry him up once the Tebow Meltdown begins. :D

What kind of dipping sauce goes with gator?

http://www.7gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/coffee_table_5.jpg

Johnny Utah
9/20/2009, 10:29 AM
Bama might be the best team in the country.

Same Bama that replaced 3 starters on its o-line?

beer4me
9/20/2009, 10:31 AM
Olevet has a coffee table where he keeps little "Timmy T". I believe he's gonna fry him up once the Tebow Meltdown begins. :D

What kind of dipping sauce goes with gator?

I like Horseradish

stoopified
9/20/2009, 10:55 AM
Watching the body language of the right reverand's teammates today, I would say that his act is wearing VERY thin for many on his own team.

F.I don't doubt that for a minute and I am CERTAIN that act has grown old for much of the nation,including me.

Sabanball
9/20/2009, 11:02 AM
I thought Tennessee outplayed Florida yesterday in every facet of the game except at the QB position.

Widescreen
9/20/2009, 11:07 AM
When I saw him screaming and arm-flaining again yesterday, I also thought that his teammates are probably getting tired of his act. I certainly would be, no matter how great a guy he is.

Stitch Face
9/20/2009, 11:17 AM
Weren't Sam and Colt cordial and mature at the Heisman ceremony while Tim was texting his bros about how they were going to get revenge on Bradford in the championship game? Bradford and McCoy just seem like nice, professional guys (yes, I feel gross saying that about McCoy) who want to compete at the next level while Tebow seems like the world's biggest drama queen/attention whore who is all wound up talking trash about the college game.

In short, I hate Tim Tebow.

westbrooke
9/20/2009, 11:32 AM
When I saw him screaming and arm-flaining again yesterday, I also thought that his teammates are probably getting tired of his act. I certainly would be, no matter how great a guy he is.

I was in a bar at the time, so I didn't have audio on the announcers, but the only thing I could think was "Man, if I were in that huddle, I would have stopped listening to him as soon as he got that big vein in his forehead pounding." The tv crew was probably lathering him up, though. If Crompton were anything more than a wasted uniform, Tennessee wins that game.

IronHorseSooner
9/20/2009, 11:41 AM
I was in a bar at the time, so I didn't have audio on the announcers, but the only thing I could think was "Man, if I were in that huddle, I would have stopped listening to him as soon as he got that big vein in his forehead pounding." The tv crew was probably lathering him up, though. If Crompton were anything more than a wasted uniform, Tennessee wins that game.

TENN has had a good defense for a couple of years, and they have some good backs, but their QB situation is just awful. Is their back up that bad? I mean, they were down by 10 with 4 minutes, and were still running the ball. That right there ought to tell you something. That's why I think UGA is going to get FLA. Cox may not be great, but he is improving, and they have some playmakers on Offense. They key to beating FLA is to force Tebow to drop back. With the fact that they went to this offense after playing us, tells me that they want to turn Tebow into Sam.

Johnny Utah
9/20/2009, 11:49 AM
Obviously you all have not been fortunate enough to spend five minutes or 20 minutes around Tim Tebow, and therefore your life is NOT better for it :rolleyes:

Stitch Face
9/20/2009, 11:56 AM
I almost swore off college ball this season when I picked up the paper in August and started reading an article about Tebow. It started (I'm paraphrasing) "to understand Tim Tebow's motivation you have to go to this orphanage in the Phillipines..." or somesuch thing. It was like watching the championship game all over again. Seriously? How 'bout we just watch some friggin' football for a change?

bluedogok
9/20/2009, 12:03 PM
Maybe,but George did have an ARM!:)
He was a Big "A"....Big Arm, Big Attitude.

prrriiide
9/20/2009, 12:20 PM
agree 100%, they should have ROLLED Tennessee.

Not so fast...

While Tennessee has bupkis for QB right now, their defense and RBs are VERY good. Watcing Tennessee's D this season, I truly believe that last year's OU offense would have been hard-pressed to put 30 on them. They are very well coached, as you would expect from a Monte Kiffin defense, and they really do fly to the ball. Eric Berry is just ridiculous, but also Denis Rogan, Nick Reveiz, and Rico McCoy are all big-time players. You probably won't see Riveiz on Sunday just because of his size. But he's all over the field.

If Tennessee had a QB that could hit water if he fell out of a boat, they would have beaten Florida handily yesterday. Crompton is horrible.

The only reason Florida scored in the 2nd half was that UT's QB peed down his leg and gave Florida the ball for over 11 min in the 3rd quarter. The D was gassed and Florida scored.

It's really amazing how bare Phatmer left the cupboard in Knoxpatch.

But I also agree with others: Florida is not the best team this year. Right now, my money is on Bama.

OUAlumni1990
9/20/2009, 03:31 PM
Not so fast...

While Tennessee has bupkis for QB right now, their defense and RBs are VERY good. Watcing Tennessee's D this season, I truly believe that last year's OU offense would have been hard-pressed to put 30 on them. They are very well coached, as you would expect from a Monte Kiffin defense, and they really do fly to the ball. Eric Berry is just ridiculous, but also Denis Rogan, Nick Reveiz, and Rico McCoy are all big-time players. You probably won't see Riveiz on Sunday just because of his size. But he's all over the field.

If Tennessee had a QB that could hit water if he fell out of a boat, they would have beaten Florida handily yesterday. Crompton is horrible.

The only reason Florida scored in the 2nd half was that UT's QB peed down his leg and gave Florida the ball for over 11 min in the 3rd quarter. The D was gassed and Florida scored.

It's really amazing how bare Phatmer left the cupboard in Knoxpatch.

But I also agree with others: Florida is not the best team this year. Right now, my money is on Bama.

Are you kidding me? Tennesse is easily in the bottom half of the SEC. They also just lost to an unranked UCLA. They have a ways to go before they can even talk about beating the defending national champion in their own back yard. Any team with a new coach will have some expected rebuilding. I expected that game to be won easily by Florida by at least 3 TD's. I think it's on hell of a moral victory for Tennesse to have kept it so close.

By the way, I called it out (even before the season started) that Alabama would be the up-and-comer in the SEC. See post #20:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132992

prrriiide
9/20/2009, 04:46 PM
Are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding. Tennessee's defense is the real deal. They are a QB away from Atlanta in December.

That unranked UCLA team only generated 186 yards of total offense. The difference is that ****-for-brains threw 3 ints. They've allowed 4 TD's in 3 games, including the #1 team in the land. If they had a QB that could at least manage the game and not give up the ball 3-4 times a game, they'd be 3-0.

OUAlumni1990
9/20/2009, 05:32 PM
LOL

Collier11
9/20/2009, 05:37 PM
Tenn has a really good D and Monte Kiffin is a legend, their offense is disfunctional though. I for one think Lane Kiffin will be a good coach

soonerinabilene
9/20/2009, 06:54 PM
i think monte kiffin gave everybody a blueprint of how to slowdown meyers spread yesterday, and showed what an nfl style of defense will do to tebow. if tennesse could do above average on offense, they will dominate the sec with that defense.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
9/20/2009, 07:13 PM
I just dont think they are the best team in the country, now im not sure who is yet but I dont think as of today it is them

Miami

Collier11
9/20/2009, 07:48 PM
thats the attitude our team needs to have but in reality, that is just silly

o0Dan0o
9/21/2009, 11:37 AM
I picked South Carolina to upset florida after watching their first game against the Tar Heels. I stand by that, and I think florida will have 3 or 4 losses this year.
Dan

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:43 AM
SC didnt play the Tarheels in wk 1

beer4me
9/21/2009, 11:46 AM
Pat Jones was on the radio saying he thought his act was getting old and felt like his team mates was tuning him out now.

Collier11
9/21/2009, 11:47 AM
Pat has been around alot of diff types of players over the years, NFL and College, he is probably right

w0lfe
9/21/2009, 01:53 PM
What are you talking about? Pride? Pride is a sin and the holy one doesnt sin