PDA

View Full Version : I still think we lose at Miami

batonrougesooner
9/19/2009, 10:52 PM
OU historically under Stoops has been two different teams at home vs. away. I too loved the performance today but I think it is important not to get too carried away.

I'm a fan and I pay my money. However I'm just saying that I expect an OU loss in Miami.

by the way...I'd love to be proven wrong.

delhalew
9/19/2009, 10:55 PM
Miami will be good this year. I still think we can do it. Even if Sam waits till RRR to come back:o

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:56 PM
Be careful guys. Negativity isn't accepted with all these new guys hanging around lately.

;) :hot:

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 10:57 PM
what a boost of confidence

ouwasp
9/19/2009, 10:57 PM
I just wonder how many fans will be there; I'm sure they'll turn out in droves, but there sure did seem to be a bunch dressed like empty seats the other night...

The first quarter and a half will be very revealing... that's not very profound, but at that point I'll know whether to let the DVR be my eyes or just continue to watch...

Flying Scotsman
9/19/2009, 10:58 PM
After BYU & #3, after Washington & #3, etc...That's why they play the game...anything's possible...

StoopTroup
We're going to squeeze orange juice out of them and feed the pulp and skin to the ibis hanging around.

Collier11
The diff will be our D, our D has held up well against two good offenses, Miami has given up points against a slow GT team and an avg FSU team

OU 31
Miami 20

yermom
9/19/2009, 11:02 PM
i just hope we don't need to kick a FG to win...

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:03 PM
Stephens doesnt scare me, our blocking on a game winner might

OU_PhD
9/19/2009, 11:07 PM
when I see Miami go wild on Va Tech I'll be a believer, until then, they haven't done it against anyone of consequence.

Georgia tech has played 1 good quarter this whole year and should have lost to a bad Clemson team. Florida State should have lost to Jacksonville State but outmanned BYU today.

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 11:08 PM
We're going to squeeze orange juice out of them and feed the pulp and skin to the ibis hanging around.

I, for one, would love to see the ThugU duck (that ain't no ibis) burned in effigy on the OU sideline. That, or watch it get run over by the Schooner.

Collier11
Exactly, if Miami puts up a bunch of points against Va Techs D, I will be worried about that game.

soonervegas
We will need a fast start.

If Miami wins Saturday the stadium will be packed for OU.

primetime43
9/19/2009, 11:09 PM
Stephens doesnt scare me, our blocking on a game winner might
What has he shown that gives you confidence?

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:11 PM
all im saying is if he gets the blocking I dont think he would miss, he isnt near as bad as some of you seem to think

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:13 PM
having said that, he is no Hartley

theresonly1OU
9/19/2009, 11:13 PM
Be careful guys. Negativity isn't accepted with all these new guys hanging around lately.

All due respect, but there's a HUGE difference between the few well-reasoned posters who are adept at expressing doubt at our team deficiencies and the large number of chicken littles who cry about the sky falling at the slightest sign of trouble who most times haven't a fu**ing CLUE ONE about what they are talking about.

And believe it or not, some of us with smaller post counts can tell the difference between the two.

Hotrod3157
9/19/2009, 11:14 PM
The game next week against Tech will say alot about Miami. If Harris can still complete his soft lob passes against their D I will be impressed. Watching the thugs so far this year their offense has been pretty good I just can't believe his passes dont get picked or deflected as long as they are in the air.

primetime43
9/19/2009, 11:14 PM
He worries me on extra points let alone field goals.

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:18 PM
And then there are those of us who are just ****ing Sooners and KNOW we're gonna win out and KNOW we have looked better each week.

theresonly1OU
9/19/2009, 11:25 PM
And then there are those of us who are just ****ing Sooners and KNOW we're gonna win out and KNOW we have looked better each week.

Amen.

Hotrod3157
9/19/2009, 11:25 PM

I'll agree we have looked better every week. O-line is getting better, they have cut out a lot of the stupid drive killing penalties, picking up blitzes better, and now hopefully the run blocking will start to improve. Caleb has stepped up and become the 2nd receiver, now we need one more to step up and get Tennell a therapist for his mental block. Traditionally Stoops teams come out and look good having two weeks to prepare for a team during the season so hopin that trend continues.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:27 PM
It really sucks about Tennell cus he gets open so easily, just cant hold onto the rock

Curly Bill
9/19/2009, 11:27 PM

All the new guys that think they're gonna tell me how to post can lick my scr*tum. :D

Hotrod3157
9/19/2009, 11:34 PM
It really sucks about Tennell cus he gets open so easily, just cant hold onto the rock

Its sad really he has all the potential in the world and is mental blocked beyond belief.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2009, 11:44 PM
I'd like to see Tennell get a coupe of 5 yard hook plays or even a 2 yard stop play just to prove to him he can catch the ball during a real game. I think once he gets past that barrier, he'll be fine.

Curly Bill
9/19/2009, 11:46 PM
I'd like to see Tennell get a coupe of 5 yard hook plays or even a 2 yard stop play just to prove to him he can catch the ball during a real game. I think once he gets past that barrier, he'll be fine.

I'd like to see Tennell standing on the sideline and some of the other guys out there playing. ;) :D

En_Fuego
9/19/2009, 11:54 PM
Re: I still think we lose at Miami

Do you have an orange nighty ?

Monster Zero
9/20/2009, 12:17 PM
OU historically under Stoops has been two different teams at home vs. away. I too loved the performance today but I think it is important not to get too carried away.

I'm a fan and I pay my money. However I'm just saying that I expect an OU loss in Miami.

by the way...I'd love to be proven wrong.

"I've got eleven, he's got eleven, let's line 'em up and go play."

- Bob Stoops

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 12:29 PM
Never under estimate the power of the Stoops.

The Crimson lightsaber will destroy you!

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs7/150/i/2005/183/a/d/Vader_Is_A_Punk_by_thejcgerm.jpg

soonervegas
9/20/2009, 12:35 PM
Here is the a question....is it better to fire out bradford against miami if he could go or take your chances with landry against Miami, hope he gets it done, then let bradford take back the reigns with baylor and going forward. Kind of a tough spot for bradford coming in cold, even for a heisman qb.

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 12:37 PM
Here is the a question....is it better to fire out bradford against miami if he could go or take your chances with landry against Miami, hope he gets it done, then let bradford take back the reigns with baylor and going forward. Kind of a tough spot for bradford coming in cold, even for a heisman qb.

If Bradford's shoulder is 100% you trot him out there, if he's less than 100% you send LJ out there.

TXBOOMER
9/20/2009, 12:51 PM
I think we've got to get better at catching balls and run blocking to beat UM. The good news is we have 2 weeks to get better. The thing that gives me the most hope is Defense travels.

TXBOOMER
9/20/2009, 12:59 PM

That experiment needs to be over. The guy can't catch lob balls in pregame warm-ups, much less when they count. It is too bad because he is a good athlete and can get open. We need to go with Caleb, Broyles and Kenney.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2009, 01:31 PM
That experiment needs to be over. The guy can't catch lob balls in pregame warm-ups, much less when they count. It is too bad because he is a good athlete and can get open. We need to go with Caleb, Broyles and Kenney.

You're the first to say he can't catch during warm-ups - I'm just going by what I read. If he won the job in spring and fall and he is practicing well, then he can catch the ball. But I agree, the coaches either need to figure out how to pump his confidence so he can catch during a game or try someone else. He did burn the Canes for a long TD last time, maybe that memory will snap him out of it. :)

yermom
9/20/2009, 01:37 PM
Kenney did seem to be out there a lot more after that one drop

maybe they need to hit Tennell on some easier routes?

JLEW1818
9/20/2009, 01:38 PM

we need to do a triple reverse, and have Tennell throw to Jones. :D

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 01:53 PM
we need to do a triple reverse, and have Tennell throw to Jones. :D

What makes you think Tennell could hang onto the ball long enough to throw it? :D

fadada1
9/20/2009, 02:03 PM
i like where our week off falls this year. imo, it couldn't have come at a better time. our D is playing very well, but can always improve... and heal up a touch (little aches and pains).

i think the week off will do nothing but improve our O. i'd like to see us get away from the WR screen or the pass to the RB (get away from depending on it so much). i'd also like to to see a quick snap on short yardage situations - i don't think i'm alone on this.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/20/2009, 02:04 PM

Kenney did get the start over him too. From what I saw(and am watching the game again right now), Kenney did a good job blocking and held his blocks 7-12 yards down field. He did have 2 catches but looked like he's getting comfortable in the offense. IF Caleb can stay consistent at the 2 spot, I think Kenney can be a great option at 3. Plus it's always nice to have Demarco on a swing route or check down:D

UTsucks
9/20/2009, 02:31 PM
I think OU wins the game. Week off, D is playing good, O is scoring and starting to gel a little.

Make no mistake if Miami wins this weekend the game will be national spotlight.

If OU goes in and does not see this as a MUST game but have fun. Play to Miami's level. HIT>>> TALK TRASH >>>OWN THEM and most of all have fun.

Oklahoma will win! :pop:

Sabanball
9/20/2009, 02:32 PM
JMO, but after watching the VT/NU game, I really think Miami beats Tech. Having seen the hokies up close this year in the opener, I will grant you that they have a very good D and special teams, but their offense absolutely sucks. Take away two, gift-wrapped tds that we gave them(kickoff return and a personal foul deep in our territory) and we schooled them 34-10 and out- gained them almost 3-1 in yds and time of possession. It was really a beatdown that was not totally reflected on the scoreboard. They are still a very good team, mind you, but, well, let's just say "Beamer Ball" ain't what it has been in recent years.

That will set up a huge game with you guys, which I really think will be a watershed game for the Miami program. You guys will be favored to win, but I think it will be a tough, hard-fought game into the fourth qtr.

BoulderSooner79
9/20/2009, 02:38 PM
I agree - the VT offense was terrible. NU just failed in the red zone and kicked too many FGs. And I don't think it was the NU defense - that Taylor kid missed badly on open receivers. But you have to give him props - he hit the 2 passes that really counted at the end.

SapulpaSooner
9/20/2009, 02:47 PM
OU 21 Miami 17

OUAlumni1990
9/20/2009, 03:22 PM
I think Miami will get out coached by Stoops. He'll figure out a way to contain that squirmy little qb.