PDA

View Full Version : Is there any doubt Landry Jones is Big XII PofW?

OU_PhD
9/19/2009, 07:07 PM
Seems like a no-brainer, right?

6 TD, school record?

ratherthanlater
9/19/2009, 07:13 PM
Unless one of the boys in the state shaped like a toilet does something amazing it's almost guaranteed.

yermom
9/19/2009, 07:54 PM
tied the Freshman NCAA record as well

jumperstop
9/19/2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah, he needs mad props. I bet Sam is like 'I'll get you back next game!'.

gaylordfan1
9/19/2009, 11:01 PM
He is pretty damn accurate. Several drops hurt his stats. And those INT's are just freshman mistakes. Hell, lil Colty had two tonight. I'm just hoping Bradford still has chemistry with his WR's after being out so long.

yermom
9/19/2009, 11:20 PM
if he keeps playing like he is, i have to wonder how we would transition back to Sam

do we still rush to put him back in as the starter if he still might be hurt? what if Laundry throws 10 more TDs in the next two games? would you rather have Sam who has been sitting out or the hot freshman in the game in Dallas?

westcoast_sooner
9/19/2009, 11:23 PM
Landry's stats looked great, and his 6 TD passes are great. He does need to work on his accuracy and timing a little - passes were consistently behind his receivers. Drops hurt.

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 11:24 PM
we don't have two games before the showdown in Dallas.

yermom
9/19/2009, 11:24 PM
the drops by Ratteree and Tennell physically hurt me :)

yermom
9/19/2009, 11:25 PM
we don't have two games before the showdown in Dallas.

i'm not taking Baylor for granted ;)

SoonerLB
9/20/2009, 12:12 AM

Yessir! They set off some very loud and not nice verbal outbursts in my viewing area. Think what Landry could have had if those guys could catch a pass. After today, I wonder if they could even catch a cold! :mad:

jumperstop
9/20/2009, 12:44 AM

There were a couple drops by Tennell that I could have caught. If the ball hits you in the hands you should catch the ball.

OklaPony
9/20/2009, 08:52 AM
if he keeps playing like he is, i have to wonder how we would transition back to Sam

do we still rush to put him back in as the starter if he still might be hurt? what if Laundry throws 10 more TDs in the next two games? would you rather have Sam who has been sitting out or the hot freshman in the game in Dallas?
I'm of the opinion that Sam won't be rushed back regardless of the situation. I'd be real surprised to see him back on the field at anything less than 100%.