PDA

View Full Version : question for the jackarses that call themselves SOONERS

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 07:04 PM
Do we have swagger now? Will we still lose a lot of games? I'm so sick of all the negative crap from so called fans! Please shut your mouths now!!

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 07:06 PM
Gotta love some fool that spouts off like this. Relax. OU has beaten Idaho State and Tulsa.

I believe we are all sooner fans. Some just not always as positive as others.

King Crimson
9/19/2009, 07:06 PM
looks to me lime you've had your fill of negative crap.

edit: not you cadet

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/19/2009, 07:07 PM
its the nature of this board, always on one extreme or the other.

ratherthanlater
9/19/2009, 07:09 PM
I think it's the price you pay for excellence. We are used to winning them all and expect to. Some people just can't deal with the fact that it's not always possible to win by half a hundred.

OUAlumni1990
9/19/2009, 07:10 PM
Well, I'm going to reserve judgement until after Miami. This was against an unranked team at home. Not that surprising, really...

tommieharris91
9/19/2009, 07:12 PM
I think it's the price you pay for excellence. We are used to winning them all and expect to. Some people just can't deal with the fact that it's not always possible to win by half a hundred.

We could win every game 77-0 for a full season and some of our fans would be unhappy.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/19/2009, 07:13 PM
We could win every game 77-0 for a full season and some of our fans would be unhappy.

i'm sorry, but that game still brings a smile to my face

1890MilesToNorman
9/19/2009, 07:15 PM
Beer anyone?

ratherthanlater
9/19/2009, 07:15 PM

I would be upset if they didn't win by a 77 point shutout with swagger.

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 07:22 PM
Oualumni, are you serious? Yes or no please.

OUAlumni1990
9/19/2009, 07:26 PM
Oualumni, are you serious? Yes or no please.

yes, why? You are red and I am green. There is a reason for this...

sooner ngintunr
9/19/2009, 07:33 PM
dude, beating TU at home is expected.

If you think we are playing top 3 ball right now, I believe you are mistaken.

No worries though.

King Crimson
9/19/2009, 07:34 PM
its the nature of this board, always on one extreme or the other.

yeah, it's a lot easier than having to explain yourself or have any nuance to your thought.

edit: i'm speaking generally here and has nothing to do with JKM the jazz hater.

OUAlumni1990
9/19/2009, 07:35 PM
LOL!!!

missann
9/19/2009, 07:38 PM
Um, no we don't have swagger yet. We just beat the two easiest teams on the schedule. woohah.

If there's not continuous improvement with the O-Line and receivers, then we may still lose a lot of games ("a lot" being 4 or more). If we lose to Miami, then that would look to be the case.

yermom
9/19/2009, 07:45 PM
i probably take TU over Baylor, KState, or aTm

i agree though, we will know more after we play Miami

TMcGee86
9/19/2009, 07:52 PM
Did you watch the game? If it's possible to look mediocre while winning 42-0 then we accomplished it.

Make no mistake, I'm very happy we won, and OUr defense is stout, but the thing that scares me is that quarterback play is the least of our worries. Sam coming back is not going to make this team appreciably better.

We have two receivers who can catch a ball and an O line that simply cannot block.

There is no reason we should be favored against Miami, and at this point I would say Texas should be a 10 pt favorite.

Right now I'm just praying we grow as a team as the year goes on.

swardboy
9/19/2009, 07:53 PM
Hi jkm :)
How 'bout them Huskies?

Flagstaffsooner
9/19/2009, 07:53 PM
Noob Fight!

Gresho Murford
9/19/2009, 08:08 PM
Did you watch the game? If it's possible to look mediocre while winning 42-0 then we accomplished it.

I watched...did you? Obviously not. Shutting out a team like tulsa is a pretty big accomplishment.

TMcGee86
9/19/2009, 08:13 PM
I watched...did you? Obviously not. Shutting out a team like tulsa is a pretty big accomplishment.

Yeah, I said the D played great. But after watching FSU humiliate BYU today and watching our line and our receivers against Idaho and Tulsa, at this point, I'm just hoping Miami is overconfident.

Gresho Murford
9/19/2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I said the D played great. But after watching FSU humiliate BYU today and watching our line and our receivers against Idaho and Tulsa, at this point, I'm just hoping Miami is overconfident.

Our oline and receivers played fine today.

and if you want to compare games...Did you see what FSU did last week?

tulsaoilerfan
9/19/2009, 08:23 PM

Well if you discount the 2 dropped TD's that hit receivers right in the hands, then yes, they did. Broyles is fantastic, Caleb stepped up today, but we have absolutely ZERO production from the TE position

Eielson
9/19/2009, 08:33 PM
We won the 2000 National Championship because Torrance Marshall talked trash during the coin toss.

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 08:37 PM
Do we have swagger now? Will we still lose a lot of games? I'm so sick of all the negative crap from so called fans! Please shut your mouths now!!

BOOMER!!!!!!!!!!

**** you.

Sooner.

LawtonBoy74
9/19/2009, 08:40 PM
Good game today..back to back shut outs great!!

Crimson Kid
9/19/2009, 08:41 PM
And you call yourself a sooner fan? that worries me.

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 08:45 PM
Cheezy right back at ya. Rule you as a poser fan. Amazing how tough ya can be when you type. Does this board realize we were a holding call away from winning wk 1? How did you guys get through the 90s? Or were you off the bandwagon then?

TMcGee86
9/19/2009, 08:47 PM

your definition of fine and my definition of fine are obviously very different.

I prefer my WR's to actually catch the ball, and I also like seeing holes for my RB's to actually run through, to say nothing of penalties.

And yes, I saw FSU last week. That only makes it worse. The team barely beat a D2 team and yet they destroy BYU. Either Jax is a great team or we need to improve before we roll into Miami.

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 08:52 PM
Or if only sam.....if only landry.....if only stoops.......just the facts mam, just the facts!!

Gresho Murford
9/19/2009, 09:43 PM
your definition of fine and my definition of fine are obviously very different.

I prefer my WR's to actually catch the ball, and I also like seeing holes for my RB's to actually run through, to say nothing of penalties.

And yes, I saw FSU last week. That only makes it worse. The team barely beat a D2 team and yet they destroy BYU. Either Jax is a great team or we need to improve before we roll into Miami.
The dropped balls are mostly all from pooh.

so FSU barely beat a D2 team and Miami barely beat FSU. With your logic we shouldn't be worried

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 09:47 PM
Cheezy right back at ya. Rule you as a poser fan. Amazing how tough ya can be when you type. Does this board realize we were a holding call away from winning wk 1? How did you guys get through the 90s? Or were you off the bandwagon then?

All I'm saying is I'll give my opinion, negative or otherwise, regardless of what low-post lurkers like you have to say about it. You haven't been around long enough to judge me, or anyone else around here.

Gresho Murford
9/19/2009, 09:48 PM
All I'm saying is I'll give my opinion, negative or otherwise, regardless of what low-post lurkers like you have to say about it.

man you are sorry. busting out the low-post count=better poster weak sauce

TXBOOMER
9/19/2009, 09:50 PM
The team looked good today against inferior athletes. It was a good win and I am extremely impressed with Jones. I was also glad Caleb showed he can hang on to the ball. What concerns me now that we are going to start facing better teams is the fact that we have 2 reveivers and 0 TE's that can catch a football.

TMcGee86
9/19/2009, 10:00 PM
The dropped balls are mostly all from pooh.

so FSU barely beat a D2 team and Miami barely beat FSU. With your logic we shouldn't be worried

Well, you're kinda ignoring two really big factors there. First the fact that pooh obviously beat out all our other WRs, and second the whole BYU thingy.

But I applaud your enthusiasm. Wish I had your optimism.

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 10:03 PM
Cheezy,
I've been around this board since miles beat us in norman. Just had different e mails that's all. My last acknowledgement of your posts is this: poser. Rest of the negs. Take prozac. Or however you spell it!

sooner ngintunr
9/19/2009, 10:07 PM

says the guy that joined a month ago.

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:12 PM
Cheezy,
I've been around this board since miles beat us in norman. Just had different e mails that's all. My last acknowledgement of your posts is this: poser. Rest of the negs. Take prozac. Or however you spell it!

Explain "poser". You don't know me at all you idiot. I haven't been negative about the Sooners at all, this year or otherwise. I'll critique the coaching from time to time, but haven't done anything this year. I just took exception to you saying I can't express my opinion. So my "**** you" still stands for calling me and others a jack*** for having an opinion. You probably have a new account because you were banned before, you dumb***.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/19/2009, 10:17 PM
Did you watch the game? If it's possible to look mediocre while winning 45-0 then we accomplished it.

Make no mistake, I'm very happy we won, and OUr defense is stout, but the thing that scares me is that quarterback play is the least of our worries. Sam coming back is not going to make this team appreciably better.

We have two receivers who can catch a ball and an O line that simply cannot block.

There is no reason we should be favored against Miami, and at this point I would say Texas should be a 10 pt favorite.

Fixed! I said this during the whole game!!!

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:17 PM

You know, I think reputation speaks for itself. Instead of being respectful of the people who've been here expressing their opinions, you and soonerchris call out guys you don't even know, just because they were passionate about their Sooners after a loss. So in this case, low post count seems to be an accurate indicator of the quality of the poster.

Johnny Utah
9/19/2009, 10:19 PM

Yeah, from the guy who probably won't get in.
(courtesy to Old School)

Frozen Sooner
9/19/2009, 10:22 PM

Is it possible to look mediocre while winning a game 42-0 when you actually won 45-0?

Rule one of questioning whether someone actually watched the game: get the score right.

StoopTroup
9/19/2009, 10:40 PM
Murray>Brown

It's to bad the Coaches can't work Madu in more...but Broyles would need to come out evidently for him to play more downs. I hope they work him into some more situations.

soonerchris
9/19/2009, 10:41 PM
Didn't know telling me to go f myself was class. Moron. Oops didn't mean to reply to you cheezee. Of course typical though. Your post count must equal blah blah blah. Bring common sense man!!

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:47 PM
Didn't know telling me to go f myself was class. Moron. Oops didn't mean to reply to you cheezee. Of course typical though. Your post count must equal blah blah blah. Bring common sense man!!

So calling everyone on the board a jack*** and telling them that they're not true Sooner fans for getting frustrated about a loss is considered good posting?

No wonder you were banned before.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/19/2009, 10:47 PM
i think this thread got off to a bad start due to the title.... maybe a better approach would have resulted in a more productive thread.

with that said....regardless of the fact that some posters have "low post counts"....there's no reason to act like an idiot by treating those people who have been here--through good times and bad--like they are not entitiled to their opinions. relax. it's OUr third game. Despite the fact that we won in a blowout today, i think everyone will agree that no one here thinks OUr team is where we would like them or expect them to be. afterall, we all want perfection :)

BOOMER and lets kick the sh!t outta BYE next week!

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:51 PM
Murray>Brown

It's to bad the Coaches can't work Madu in more...but Broyles would need to come out evidently for him to play more downs. I hope they work him into some more situations.

I like Brown better than Murray. Murray has more speed and physical talent, but Brown's vision is very good. Either way, I think they complement each other quite well.

Regarding Madu, it's weird that we haven't seen him much after Stoops made such a fuss about getting him the ball in the offseason.

StoopTroup
9/19/2009, 10:52 PM
I just don't like guys named Chris.

http://contribute.chron.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/8/0/38f0c5bf-806d-4dbf-90f1-8c27f48bcd69.Large.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.cfb.last20heismanwinners/images/weinke3.jpg

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 10:55 PM
LOL, I do. Those Chris's were GREAT for the Sooners. ;)

Love the sig, btw.

StoopTroup
9/19/2009, 10:55 PM
I like Brown better than Murray. Murray has more speed and physical talent, but Brown's vision is very good. Either way, I think they complement each other quite well.

Regarding Madu, it's weird that we haven't seen him much after Stoops made such a fuss about getting him the ball in the offseason.

Brown doesn't make the defense pay. When he gets hit...he folds up and doesn't try to get extra yards. I don't think he's the type back we're going to need when we play miami or texas. I think Stoops and Wilson are trying to make Murray try harder and that once we get into those tougher Teams....Murray will play much more.

cheezyq
9/19/2009, 11:02 PM
Brown doesn't make the defense pay. When he gets hit...he folds up and doesn't try to get extra yards. I don't think he's the type back we're going to need when we play miami or texas. I think Stoops and Wilson are trying to make Murray try harder and that once we get into those tougher Teams....Murray will play much more.

I think you see that because he's protecting the ball, which is his first responsibility. Better to keep the ball and live for another down than to give it up trying to do too much. What Brown does that Murray doesn't is find a crease when there isn't much to be found. In open space, Murray is far better. But that's why I think they complement each other.

soonerborn30
9/19/2009, 11:16 PM
I like Murray better. CB just kind of looked like he was ready to lay down on first contact. Iprefer a back that's trying to house it every time he touches it, a la Purple Jesus.

But yes, I am a Sooner fan through and through. I sat in those stands during the dark years (lots of legroom!), and I'll continue to sit in those stands. We are not without our problems, but which team out there isn't? I'm as real a fan as it gets, and I don't think we're where we need to be yet.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:19 PM
Chris, basically you just need to chill out. We played very well, we took care of biz, overall though Tulsa is a good but not great team.

As Alumni said, we will see after Miami

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:32 PM
kL90Z3ZDBAE

soonerborn30
9/19/2009, 11:34 PM
I got turned red for calling AD Purple Jesus? This seems harsh...

the_edge
9/19/2009, 11:35 PM
It's funny that anybody would think that beating the crap out of Tulsa erases the BYU loss.

We lost to the same BYU team that just got bent over, at home, by a Florida State team that will be lucky to go 7-5 this year.

Now, the good news of the day is that USC lost, and Texas looked pretty mediocre against Tech.

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:39 PM
Whether we played well or not, everyone knows that if we dont lose SB, we beat BYU

sooner59
9/19/2009, 11:47 PM
Yo people worried about Miami! Ima let you finish......but Florida has one of that state's best teams of ALL TIME!

Geez, we just won a game. Not only that, we got our second straight shutout. Through three games we have only given up 14 points. We beat a pretty decent Tulsa team 45-0. Tulsa is known for a prolific offense. We just laid the goose egg on them. I understand criticism, but some people on here have few positive feelings about a team that actually looked like it has improved. Bunch of negative Nancys.

If I was as negative about today's win, not to mention future games, as some of you I would just quit watching football due to depression. Its a lot more fun to enjoy a win for just one day, then hope we bring it in two weeks.

Based on what we have seen so far this year......we have no ****ing clue whats going to happen at Miami. Miami has a lot of talent but they often do not play sound football. I think the big matchup will be the Miami defense against OUr offense. OUr defense and their offense is push.

Will we get beat? Will we give it away with turnovers? Will we drop TDs? Will we play sound football? Will we get out-coached? All we can do is wait and cheer for our team. If we win, there will probably still be more posts about how we will lose to Texas and should worry about Baylor than there will be posts about OUr game that day.

We made a bunch of mistakes today......but when you make a lot of mistakes and still cream a decent team, it can't be all that bad.

This is where I hand the microphone back and go on Leno tomorrow to apologize.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/20/2009, 12:05 AM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_V1hJiCJPLN4/ScOldve13_I/AAAAAAAAAWI/XOGua58erjk/s400/InternetToughGuy.jpg

Collier11
9/20/2009, 12:11 AM
^^^ That doesnt even apply to this thread, horrible effort

soonerboy_odanorth
9/20/2009, 12:22 AM
Hi. I are a jackarse.

I is a SOONERS.

You has stick up arse.

Lighten.

cheezyq
9/20/2009, 01:16 AM
Yo people worried about Miami! Ima let you finish......but Florida has one of that state's best teams of ALL TIME!

Geez, we just won a game. Not only that, we got our second straight shutout. Through three games we have only given up 14 points. We beat a pretty decent Tulsa team 45-0. Tulsa is known for a prolific offense. We just laid the goose egg on them. I understand criticism, but some people on here have few positive feelings about a team that actually looked like it has improved. Bunch of negative Nancys.

If I was as negative about today's win, not to mention future games, as some of you I would just quit watching football due to depression. Its a lot more fun to enjoy a win for just one day, then hope we bring it in two weeks.

Based on what we have seen so far this year......we have no ****ing clue whats going to happen at Miami. Miami has a lot of talent but they often do not play sound football. I think the big matchup will be the Miami defense against OUr offense. OUr defense and their offense is push.

Will we get beat? Will we give it away with turnovers? Will we drop TDs? Will we play sound football? Will we get out-coached? All we can do is wait and cheer for our team. If we win, there will probably still be more posts about how we will lose to Texas and should worry about Baylor than there will be posts about OUr game that day.

We made a bunch of mistakes today......but when you make a lot of mistakes and still cream a decent team, it can't be all that bad.

This is where I hand the microphone back and go on Leno tomorrow to apologize.

Seriously, where are you guys finding this "negativity"? I see criticism, but the only "negativity" I see is from guys like soonerchris calling people jack***. There's nothing wrong with being critical, either. Here is my point:

Positives:
- Shut out a pretty good team, and blew them out.
- Defense was fast, tough, and usually in a position to make a play. Although I don't particularly think Tulsa's schemes were very complex.
- Great pressure on Kinne.
- Landry was accurate.
- We found another receiver - Caleb.

Negatives:
- Started slow, which could bite us against better teams.
- Found another receiver, but that only means that we have 2.
- All receivers have the dropsies, including Broyles at times.
- Tulsa was on our side of the field nearly all day.
- Offensive line was good in pass protection, but didn't open as many holes in the ground game.

Now, guys like soonerchris call me a jack*** because I'm not pumping sunshine up BV's backside. But nothing I said was "negative" about the Sooners. It was critical, yes, but not "negative".

For everyone who starts threads like this, learn the difference and lighten up. And please, for the sake of everyone, don't start threads like this one calling out people who gripe after losses. Don't tell me I'm not a true Sooner.

We are ALL passionate about the Sooners. We all react emotionally, in one way or another. Some people choose to vent on this forum, because they like having the support of fellow Sooners. Others choose to throw things at the TV and stay off the board for a while. Whatever the personal choice is, I don't care, and neither should you. You want to gripe about Venables or Wilson on this board? Do it. That's what it's here for. (One rule for n00bs - stay away from the players, as they play for free, unlike USC)

It is FAR more annoying for people to start threads like this one than it is to hear people vent about our offense/defense/special teams/coaching (circle one) after a game. It's a FORUM. If you have trouble figuring out the definition, look it up. People will have opinions. You're free to disagree with my opinion (or anyone else's), but if you ask me to stop having one (or tell me that I have to be a coach - stupidest argument ever - in order for mine to be valid), I'll tell you to stuff it.

Collier11
9/20/2009, 01:18 AM
I would contend that the only half assed/not true fans we have are the ones that criticize others for not being real fans

Curly Bill
9/20/2009, 01:21 AM
I love me some blind & clueless, sunshine pumping, freaks. :O

sooner59
9/20/2009, 01:49 AM
Seriously, where are you guys finding this "negativity"? I see criticism, but the only "negativity" I see is from guys like soonerchris calling people jack***. There's nothing wrong with being critical, either. Here is my point:

Positives:
- Shut out a pretty good team, and blew them out.
- Defense was fast, tough, and usually in a position to make a play. Although I don't particularly think Tulsa's schemes were very complex.
- Great pressure on Kinne.
- Landry was accurate.
- We found another receiver - Caleb.

Negatives:
- Started slow, which could bite us against better teams.
- Found another receiver, but that only means that we have 2.
- All receivers have the dropsies, including Broyles at times.
- Tulsa was on our side of the field nearly all day.
- Offensive line was good in pass protection, but didn't open as many holes in the ground game.

Now, guys like soonerchris call me a jack*** because I'm not pumping sunshine up BV's backside. But nothing I said was "negative" about the Sooners. It was critical, yes, but not "negative".

For everyone who starts threads like this, learn the difference and lighten up. And please, for the sake of everyone, don't start threads like this one calling out people who gripe after losses. Don't tell me I'm not a true Sooner.

We are ALL passionate about the Sooners. We all react emotionally, in one way or another. Some people choose to vent on this forum, because they like having the support of fellow Sooners. Others choose to throw things at the TV and stay off the board for a while. Whatever the personal choice is, I don't care, and neither should you. You want to gripe about Venables or Wilson on this board? Do it. That's what it's here for. (One rule for n00bs - stay away from the players, as they play for free, unlike USC)

It is FAR more annoying for people to start threads like this one than it is to hear people vent about our offense/defense/special teams/coaching (circle one) after a game. It's a FORUM. If you have trouble figuring out the definition, look it up. People will have opinions. You're free to disagree with my opinion (or anyone else's), but if you ask me to stop having one (or tell me that I have to be a coach - stupidest argument ever - in order for mine to be valid), I'll tell you to stuff it.

To be fair to you, I was not referring to you at all. In fact, I agree with pretty much everything you said and I agree that it is f***ing annoying when people get on here start these threads like you stated. I should have stated that my comments were not in direct reference to this thread at all, its just the one that I used. I can't stand people saying that we are going to win every game or should win the title every year. On the other side, I can't stand those who are always thinking that we have no chance to do well and have a good season. I have had a heavy dose of the latter just in the first 3 weeks this year.

Thats ok. I basically just said all of that to lighten people up. If you can't enjoy a single win, then as a fan, its a long and tough season. I just want people to know that the season is long and unpredictable, so we need to just calm down and not have a melt down. An example of what I am talking about was the thread about still thinking we are going to lose to Miami. Why even start a thread giving your opinion about something irrelevant? Nobody cares what you think......or at I don't. Thats what I was talking about.

I wasn't intending anything malicious. I just wish people would put down the noose. There is still hope for a strong defense and improving offense. If I see gloom and doom, I will comment like anybody else, but I just think people are more worried than they should be at this point. If we lose to Miami, then we have big problems. If we win, we have a chance for big things. Its a little early in the season to be so pessimistic, IMO.

cheezyq
9/20/2009, 01:58 AM
To be fair to you, I was not referring to you at all. In fact, I agree with pretty much everything you said and I agree that it is f***ing annoying when people get on here start these threads like you stated. I should have stated that my comments were not in direct reference to this thread at all, its just the one that I used. I can't stand people saying that we are going to win every game or should win the title every year. On the other side, I can't stand those who are always thinking that we have no chance to do well and have a good season. I have had a heavy dose of the latter just in the first 3 weeks this year.

Thats ok. I basically just said all of that to lighten people up. If you can't enjoy a single win, then as a fan, its a long and tough season. I just want people to know that the season is long and unpredictable, so we need to just calm down and not have a melt down. An example of what I am talking about was the thread about still thinking we are going to lose to Miami. Why even start a thread giving your opinion about something irrelevant? Nobody cares what you think......or at I don't. Thats what I was talking about.

I wasn't intending anything malicious. I just wish people would put down the noose. There is still hope for a strong defense and improving offense. If I see gloom and doom, I will comment like anybody else, but I just think people are more worried than they should be at this point. If we lose to Miami, then we have big problems. If we win, we have a chance for big things. Its a little early in the season to be so pessimistic, IMO.

I should also clarify that I wasn't attacking your post so much, just questioning where everyone seems to be finding negativity this week. I then went on my rant about the thread. I didn't mean to implicate you in all that.

The thing about being a Sooner is that we expect wins. That's a good thing. It sure beats what Cowpoke fans have to endure. Now that we've dispatched Tulsa, people are analyzing what needs to be better for when we face future teams. I've seen some criticisms from this game, but nothing really negative. That was my only real comment about your post. Sorry about the confusion.

Knippz
9/20/2009, 02:11 AM
/ thread please. We did our job this week. Stay tuned for more info as we play Miami in 13 days.