PDA

View Full Version : According to the Big 12 Preview Show...

oklaclarinet
9/19/2009, 06:48 PM
...prior to our game, Colt McCoy is a Heisman Trophy winner. Who knew?

mightysooner
9/19/2009, 06:56 PM
I think "the Stache" might have something to say about that.

josh09
9/19/2009, 09:00 PM
McCoy: 9-16, 70 yds, 1 INT in first half.

Sure looks like a Heisman winner!

LawtonBoy74
9/19/2009, 09:02 PM
JaCoby Harris from Miami looks like the front runner for the Heisman IMO, but they'll probably give it to Tebow..after all its a popularity contest now

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2009, 09:04 PM
JaCoby Harris from Miami looks like the front runner for the Heisman IMO, but they'll probably give it to Tebow..after all its a popularity contest now

week 3 it does not matter.

And UF will probably have fewer than 2 losses, Miami will probably have more.

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 09:05 PM
I'd like to see them pump the Miami QB the next couple weeks. We all know what has happened to a few heisman favorites when they played OU.

Well, at least when Mike was coaching the defense. :D

Petro-Sooner
9/19/2009, 09:12 PM
And UF will probably have fewer than 2 losses, Miami will probably have more.

What I have never understood is what does a win lose record have to do with the player of the year for that team. If Miami loses a couple games and has the best player in the country compared to an undefeated tebow with smaller numbers than that of the miami player, give it to the best player.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/19/2009, 09:12 PM
What I have never understood is what does a win lose record have to do with the player of the year for that team. If Miami loses a couple games and had the best player in the country compared to an undefeated tebow with smaller numbers than that of the miami player, give it to the best player.

I'm not sayin' its fair. Just the way it is.

Petro-Sooner
9/19/2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not sayin' its fair. Just the way it is.

Oh I know. That whole thing just never sat right with me though.

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 09:16 PM
the voters are too lazy to actually try to search for the best player.

Petro-Sooner
9/19/2009, 09:19 PM
True. Seems like anymore its the best player on the best to second best team. Sad really.....

Okie35
9/19/2009, 10:03 PM

Jahvid Best will win Heisman ... mark my words because Cal will win the Pac-10. Even if they don't he'll still win it if he stays healthy.

IronSooner
9/20/2009, 08:55 AM
True. Seems like anymore its the best quarterback on the best to second best team. Sad really.....

Lately that's what it's been. I have a hard time caring all that much about it. If TRRW didn't win it back in 01 it's not about the best player. You have to be on offense, you should preferably be a quarterback, and if your team loses more than 1 game, you're out of it. Stupid.