PDA

View Full Version : is madu in the doghouse or something?

soonerinabilene
9/19/2009, 04:46 PM
i cant figure out why he hasnt been used at all this year, especially witg the inexperience at receiver. anybody know? ck, jlew?

soonerloyal
9/19/2009, 05:30 PM
FIRST DOWN, Junior Madu.

They need to be using him more often. HE'S EARNED IT.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/19/2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know, but I'm with you!

delhalew
9/19/2009, 06:22 PM
It's a mystery to me, but I don't like it. Especially, with Tennell disappointing us in EVERY game thus far.

oulucas
9/19/2009, 06:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing when he didn't see action until late in the game today.

CK Sooner
9/19/2009, 06:41 PM
No clue.

They pulled Jaz Reynolds redshirt tonight though.

SoonerStormchaser
9/19/2009, 06:43 PM
Seriously, Tennel needs to be sat RIGHT NOW! He had numerous key drops in the BYU game that would've made all the difference...both Sam and Landry put the ball right where it needed to be and he just dropped it!

CK Sooner
9/19/2009, 06:47 PM
Seriously, Tennel needs to be sat RIGHT NOW! He had numerous key drops in the BYU game that would've made all the difference...both Sam and Landry put the ball right where it needed to be and he just dropped it!

Yep, very strange.

They need to put him by himself at every practice this week and catch about 200 balls a practice and then run stairs the rest of the time....

Seriously...

Gresho Murford
9/19/2009, 08:14 PM
well hopefully jazz will perform enough to justify the removal of the red shirt

TMcGee86
9/19/2009, 08:18 PM
What really scares me is that Owens and Miller and the rest haven't been able to overtake him in practice.

That does not bode well for the future of our WR corps.

BillyBall
9/19/2009, 08:45 PM
What really scares me is that Owens and Miller and the rest haven't been able to overtake him in practice.

That does not bode well for the future of our WR corps.

This ^

spacecadet
9/19/2009, 08:50 PM
Madu is caught in a bad situation.
Madu is a great back but not good enough to overtake brown and Murray,
Madu is shifty and a possible gamebreaker and they want to give him the ball(or so they said in the fall) yet maybe madu hasn't got enough talent to overtake the top 3 or 4 receivers.

Madu is a great little player but has found himself trying to see the field in two positions that there might be a couple guys better than him.

With him and Tennell I would use the the way they used to use fagan. Wide receiver reverses and maybe use madu to take direct snaps. Maybe he can throw the ball a little and we can run some trickery like they did with Mark Bradley. I really don't know but it sucks for him

LawtonBoy74
9/19/2009, 09:15 PM

A lot of people are ripping Tennell me included but the guy is beast when it comes to run blocking..and thats why I think he is still on the field so much and because he is a senior..If you ask me they should use him like we used Q.Chaney

BillyBall
9/19/2009, 09:19 PM
If you ask me they should use him like we used Q.Chaney

So the "once every never" package. I like it...

sooner ngintunr
9/19/2009, 09:24 PM
I'll take Chaney anyday. anyone know why he failed his physical @ St Louis?

I heard Madu has had trouble learning routes.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/19/2009, 11:12 PM
A lot of people are ripping Tennell me included but the guy is beast when it comes to run blocking..and thats why I think he is still on the field so much and because he is a senior..If you ask me they should use him like we used Q.Chaney

Brandon Caleb blocked great also!

gaylordfan1
9/19/2009, 11:23 PM
Well, they gave C. Kenney the start just because of his good blocking. I'm still waiting to see this kid explode.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/19/2009, 11:34 PM
Speaking of WR's blocking well.... Re: Tennell, I agree. His downfield run blocking and support after catch has to be a big reason why he continues to get reps... and why they pulled the redshirt off of Jaz tonight.

Jaz was blocking his AZZ off tonight. He has the profile of a difference maker "from nowhere"... i.e. wasn't the most highly recruited, but danged if it doesn't look like the staff did their homework in plucking this kid. Makes me smile!

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:40 PM
Madu will get in when we unveil our super-secret offensive sets! lol

Collier11
9/19/2009, 11:44 PM
Madu just isnt as good as we thought

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 07:21 AM
SpaceCadet comes as close as anyone to figuring out why Madu isn't getting as much PT.

A simple trip to the depth chart will reveal what most of it is. One thing for sure is that Colliers statement I guess is somewhat right. I think you can state this Collier..."Madu just isnt as good as Broyles.". Since Madu is behind Broyles in the depth chart...he's 2nd team. Murray is behind Brown so if Madu was to get PT there...Brown or Murray would need to either get hurt, really screw up or both post 200 yard days in the first three quarters before Madu saw the field. There is absolutely no way we do an Offensive series without Broyles out there.

The other thing that hurts Madu is that once Bob and Kevin started playing non-starters yesterday...they put in some other wide receivers to see what they could do before they put Madu in. Madu is a proven stud who's in a backup role to Broyles. Folks....this is a good thing IMO. It's tough to see him play so little...but if Broyles were to get hurt...Madu will be there to fill in.

CK Sooner
9/20/2009, 09:28 AM
StoopTroup, I just hope Broyles doesn't get injured that would be devastating to our offense.

beer4me
9/20/2009, 09:36 AM
Madu isn't playing much because he not picking up on his blocking Responsibilities

CK Sooner
9/20/2009, 09:40 AM
Madu isn't playing much because he not picking up on his blocking Responsibilities

Where did you hear that?

beer4me
9/20/2009, 09:44 AM
Where did you hear that?

They talked about that for about 5 minutes on the radio just before the game.

Blabbins and the muchkin were discussing it. Blabbins was asked the question and he went on to state that he was not catching on and having trouble remembering what he should be doing when he didn't that the ball

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 09:46 AM
StoopTroup, I just hope Broyles doesn't get injured that would be devastating to our offense.

That's the fact jack!

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 09:49 AM

Blabbins and the muchkin were discussing it. Blabbins was asked the question and he went on to state that he was not catching on and having trouble remembering what he should be doing when he didn't that the ball

That kind of gets into the reasons why the Coaches aren't moving him around in the Offense. If he having trouble backing up Broyles...they are probably just trying to give him more time to work on his performance.

I'm betting he'll be there when we need him. He's still a darn good player IMO.

CK Sooner
9/20/2009, 09:52 AM

He has had all off-season to figure it out. WTF....

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 09:54 AM

Swagger? :D

beer4me
9/20/2009, 09:58 AM

I have wundered bout that myself because when he goes in the plays that are called are pretty simple he should be able to pick it up:confused:

CK Sooner
9/20/2009, 09:59 AM
We need to dog Norvell now instead of Venables.

:D

beer4me
9/20/2009, 10:00 AM
That kind of gets into the reasons why the Coaches aren't moving him around in the Offense. If he having trouble backing up Broyles...they are probably just trying to give him more time to work on his performance.

I'm betting he'll be there when we need him. He's still a darn good player IMO.

Yes he is a good player he will catch on eventually and be OK I think

beer4me
9/20/2009, 10:00 AM
We need to dog Norvell now instead of Venables.

soonerfan69
9/20/2009, 10:08 AM
The guys on the Animal were saying that Madu is playing the same position as Broyles and that is the reason

He can make plays but to get him on the field they would be taking Broyles out and Stoops isn't going to do that

tulsaoilerfan
9/20/2009, 10:13 AM
The guys on the Animal were saying that Madu is playing the same position as Broyles and that is the reason

He can make plays but to get him on the field they would be taking Broyles out and Stoops isn't going to do that

Nor should they; Broyles has been outstanding the last 2 games and is only going to get better