PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa QB guarantees victory

OU_PhD
9/18/2009, 06:01 PM
NORMAN — Moral victories aren’t allowed at Tulsa.

When the Golden Hurricane plays No. 12 Oklahoma on Saturday afternoon, it expects to walk off the field celebrating a victory.

“We’re not going to just compete with anyone, but we’re going to win,” Tulsa quarterback G.J. Kinne said.

TU wants more than moral victory versus OU (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=2&articleid=20090918_94_0_hrimgs207267)

StoopTroup
9/18/2009, 06:03 PM
BRB...I gotta get hold of a bookie.

btk108
9/18/2009, 06:08 PM
tell me this guy's not Mormon...

My Opinion Matters
9/18/2009, 06:11 PM
TU is a dangerous team.

Boooom!
9/18/2009, 06:27 PM
TU is a dangerous team.

We've said that a few times over the last few years about different teams... like Tech. The truth is that Stoops knows how to play teams like Tulsa.

I anticipate that this game will set up a "swagger" match vs. the Canes when we shut out / down a good T-Town team. This game and the Miami game - and winning these games with authority - are what will get us back in BCS discussion.

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2009, 06:32 PM
I'm glad he pulled the guarantee card...Great lockerroom material.

My Opinion Matters
9/18/2009, 06:34 PM
We've said that a few times over the last few years about different teams... like Tech. The truth is that Stoops knows how to play teams like Tulsa.

I anticipate that this game will set up a "swagger" match vs. the Canes when we shut out / down a good T-Town team. This game and the Miami game - and winning these games with authority - are what will get us back in BCS discussion.

Like BYU.

bri
9/18/2009, 06:42 PM
I hate to be the guy to bring this up, but where in his quote did G.J. guarantee a win tomorrow? Seems to me he was addressing TU's mental approach to all games, as evidenced by his saying "anyone" instead of, you know, "Oklahoma".

Okay, logic interlude over. Resume crazygonuts.

badger
9/18/2009, 06:46 PM
I think this version of the story is just a preview of the one that will be published tomorrow, so it is possible that the quote might have been taken out of context.

If he was referring specifically to the OU game, more power to him. Victory guarantees are certainly a way to rally a team and get your teammates to work harder if they respect your leadership.

I have a feeling that GJ might have just been referring to the overall schedule though... I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow when the story runs... maybe.

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2009, 06:54 PM
I hate to be the guy to bring this up, but where in his quote did G.J. guarantee a win tomorrow? Seems to me he was addressing TU's mental approach to all games, as evidenced by his saying "anyone" instead of, you know, "Oklahoma".

Crazygonuts is more fun!

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 07:04 PM

Tulsa lover :P

Sirus
9/18/2009, 07:10 PM
Maybe he went to this guys motivational speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qodBTlMtA

OUAlumni1990
9/18/2009, 07:56 PM
The game is in Norman. nuff said.

bri
9/18/2009, 10:52 PM
Tulsa lover :P

What was your first clue? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/18/2009, 10:53 PM
**** Kinne...right up the goat ***!

picasso
9/18/2009, 10:56 PM

What I was thinking.

bri
9/18/2009, 11:04 PM
**** Kinne...right up the goat ***!

Bitch, I will cut you.

washedupredskin
9/18/2009, 11:32 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that he was saying that they are not just going there to compete, they are going there to win. Meaning they don't just want a moral victory. He did not make a guarantee.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/18/2009, 11:34 PM
Bitch, I will cut you.

Cut me whore, I'll just take some Tussin

bri
9/18/2009, 11:55 PM
BRING IT, SKANK.

Okie35
9/19/2009, 02:41 AM

What you said. :D

SoonerKnight
9/19/2009, 02:44 AM
http://ouinsider.com/media/images/article/1227288065.jpg

A swagger match!! I like! :D

StoopTroup
9/19/2009, 04:03 AM
Looks like there will be a swagger off at the tailgate.

Dean....you'll need to officiate this one. :D

Soonerwake
9/19/2009, 07:23 AM
Looks like there will be a swagger off at the tailgate.

Dean....you'll need to officiate this one. :D

That comes with the OVJ. Mucho swaggero after mucho drinko...

1890MilesToNorman
9/19/2009, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't want a QB on my team that thought any different. Nothing wrong with confidence from a leader on a team.

Now beat the hell outa em Sooners!

OU-HSV
9/19/2009, 08:30 AM
I agree with 1890.
Nothing wrong with a QB trying to show some confidence and get his team into the proper mood.

Not to mention...I don't know about how all of you feel, but TU is a dangerous team with lots of talent. And it's like no one is giving them a chance in hell of beating us. That scares me.
Let's put it this way...TU won't be scared of OU. They aren't coming to Norman to lay down. They know we have an inexperienced kid at QB, and they know our O-Line has issues. You all don't think they're going to bring the heat?
So all that being said I hope Bob has the team ready and let's go rack up another win in the Fock!

beer4me
9/19/2009, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't want a QB on my team that thought any different. Nothing wrong with confidence from a leader on a team.

Now beat the hell outa em Sooners!

Right arm I wouldn't expect them to say well we are gonna lay down and let them walk over us.

No big deal with his statement didn't seem like he was dissin us to me.

bri
9/19/2009, 08:57 AM
They know we have an inexperienced kid at QB, and they know our O-Line has issues.

Furthermore, they're tied for second in the nation in sacks so far this year.

Jus' sayin'. :D

Boooom!
9/19/2009, 09:18 AM
Like BYU.

Thats just it. Teams like BYU, Florida, Boise State.. Stoops and Co. seem to be feeling around in the dark. However, if it's a team we are familiar with we seem to get'r dun.

OU-HSV
9/19/2009, 10:34 AM
Furthermore, they're tied for second in the nation in sacks so far this year.

Jus' sayin'. :D

Well that's not going to be a good combination. Man I hope OUr O Line is prepared for this game

Crucifax Autumn
9/19/2009, 11:26 AM
I pull for Tulsa in every other game. Today, not so much and I hope we make 'em look like Idaho State was a great team.

Stitch Face
9/19/2009, 12:28 PM
Maybe he went to this guys motivational speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qodBTlMtA

That video makes me want to kill somebody.

Mainly Tim Tebow.