PDA

View Full Version : The Next 4 games (The Biggest in The Stoops Era)..?

Blues1
9/18/2009, 12:45 PM
The Next 4 Games....

Yes I know it's ONE Game at a Time.....!
But You and I Know Fans Do Think Ahead....

Are the next 4 games "maybe" Bob Stoops greatest challenge since coming to OU - And are the next 3 games full of Traps...?

Tulsa...?
Miami...?
Baylor..?

And then Texas
After the RRS ~ What Will our W and L Record be ~~~?

5 and 1 (Our Goals Still in tact)
4 and 2 (Hoilday Bowl Season)
3 and 3 (Very Long Season)
2 and 4 (Even Longer - Any Bowl will do)
1 and 5 (Unthinkable)

If Past Results Count...?? - Just For The Record ~ Our Past

Oklahoma is first all time for the most weeks ranked #1 in the AP Poll with 97 weeks
Oklahoma is first all time at weeks ranked in the top 5 with 342 weeks. (Nebraska is 2nd with 294)
In the "modern era", which is post WWII, Oklahoma has the most wins with 535, and the highest winning percentage with .761 in the country
Oklahoma had a record 768 rushing yards as a team in 1988 against Kansas State
Antonio Perkins has an NCAA record for most punt return touchdowns in a game with 3 and tied for most in a career with seven. His single game NCAA record for 3 punt returns for touchdowns came at home against UCLA in 2003.
Adrian Peterson holds the single-season NCAA freshman rushing record with 1,925 yards which he earned in 2004. Adrian also finished 2nd in Heisman Trophy voting that year, the best finish by a freshman in NCAA history.
Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most 10 win seasons with 30
Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most 11 win seasons with 17
Mark Clayton is Oklahoma's most decorated wide receiver who holds several school records including: 221 career receptions, 3,241 career receiving yards, and 31 career touchdowns.
Most weeks ranked #1 in the BCS with 19 weeks
Most weeks ranked in top 5 in the BCS with 45
Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most consecutive victories with 47.
Oklahoma also has the most points scored in the history of NCAA football with 30,474 through the 2008 regular season (Michigan is second with 29,590)
Oklahoma has the most rushing yards in a season with 5,635 in 1971, which is 470 yards per game (12 games)
Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for the most points scored in a single season with 702 points through 12 games in the 2008–2009 season.
Oklahoma holds the record for scoring 60 or more points for 5 consecutive games

Oklahoma has won 3 straight Big 12 Championships in the years 2006–2008 for a total of six; no other Big 12 team has more than two.

bojesus
9/18/2009, 01:04 PM
The Next 4 Games....

Yes I know it's ONE Game at a Time.....!
But You and I Know Fans Do Think Ahead....

Are the next 4 games "maybe" Bob Stoops greatest challenge since coming to OU - And are the next 3 games full of Traps...?

Tulsa...?
Miami...?
Baylor..?

And then Texas
After the RRS ~ What Will our W and L Record be ~~~?

5 and 1 (Our Goals Still in tact)
4 and 2 (Hoilday Bowl Season)
3 and 3 (Very Long Season)
2 and 4 (Even Longer - Any Bowl will do)
1 and 5 (Unthinkable)

Have you heard of Red October?

tigepilot
9/18/2009, 01:09 PM
Have you heard of Red October?

This was my thoughts exactly. Hard to beat that run.

Blues1
9/18/2009, 01:14 PM
Yep ~ Loved Red October....!!!

But we were the underdog for the month -- This time around won't have that going for us...!!

BermudaSooner
9/18/2009, 01:19 PM
This is not Stoops' 4 biggest games, but may need to be his best coaching.

As you pointed out, we will find out a lot about this team in the next 4 games.

stoopified
9/18/2009, 01:41 PM
Have you heard of Red October?Bingo,I am actually wearing my RED OCTOBER t-shirt today.

badger
9/18/2009, 01:48 PM
The biggest four games of the Stoops Era were the final college football games in 2000-01 season, the 2003-04 season, the 2004-05 season and the 2008-09 season.

Just IMHO.

jumperstop
9/18/2009, 02:23 PM
I say we easily take care of Tulsa and Baylor. As for Miami, they showed some good stuff against GT but then again thats GT. Texas showed that when their O is an uncomfortable situation like vs Wyoming, they can be stopped. I say we go 4-0 in the next four games. It won't be easy but we can do it.

kelloggOUballa
9/18/2009, 02:30 PM
I think the records on your post are too general, especially the 4-2. If OU beats Tulsa, Baylor and Texas but loses to Miami, the Sooners are 4-2 and undefeated and atop the Big 12 standings with one huge victory in the bag. The Big 12 Title would be in focus, so I can't see the Holiday Bowl automatically being the destination if we are 4-2 after this run. We just need to take it one game at a time, and improve enough to go get the main goal, which is a fourth-consecutive Big 12 Championship.

Blues1
9/18/2009, 02:37 PM
I think the records on your post are too general, especially the 4-2. If OU beats Tulsa, Baylor and Texas but loses to Miami, the Sooners are 4-2 and undefeated and atop the Big 12 standings with one huge victory in the bag. The Big 12 Title would be in focus, so I can't see the Holiday Bowl automatically being the destination if we are 4-2 after this run. We just need to take it one game at a time, and improve enough to go get the main goal, which is a fourth-consecutive Big 12 Championship.

Yep - You have a GOOD Point....!!

I have to say That "Baseball Field Stadium" In Miami does cause me some Creepy Feelings for OU -- Maybe it will be all grass by the time we get there...? -- Anybody Know..?

NorCaligator
9/18/2009, 02:41 PM
Its the half full stadium your guys will have trouble with in Miami - surely not something OU is used to playing in.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2009, 02:54 PM
If we are good enough to win in Miami, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1 loss season. If not, I think we have a 3 or 4 loss season.

No way no how do I see us having a 5 loss season.

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 03:20 PM
Reminders people

Texas #11
KState #2
Nebraska #1

all in a row!! wow

anyway... here we go.

I will bet anybody on this website that we do not lose a home game this year.

so according to me, we will have a minimum of 6 wins, just if we win home games.

Not home games

Miami, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas Tech (BYU loss)

say we go 3-3 in those (i think 3-3 at worse)

that puts us at 9 wins, 3 losses...

we will win at least 9 games this regular season, without doubt

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2009, 03:25 PM
Reminders people

Texas #11
KState #2
Nebraska #1

all in a row!! wow

anyway... here we go.

I will bet anybody on this website that we do not lose a home game this year.

so according to me, we will have a minimum of 6 wins, just if we win home games.

Not home games

Miami, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Texas Tech

say we go 3-3 in those (i think 4-2 at worse)

that puts us at 9 wins, 3 losses...

we will win at least 9 games this regular season, without doubt

We really only have one missing piece.

EITHER the o-line needs to develop OR the WRs.

Having a #2 and #3 WR emerge would basically resolve ALL of our offensive woes.

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 04:00 PM
yah edited the previous. loss to BYU

so say BYU, Miami, Texas (just to say)

i think we will win all the rest.... so that is 9-3 worst case ...

10 wins gets us a bcs bowl for sure

Denton_Sooner
9/18/2009, 04:10 PM
Yep - You have a GOOD Point....!!

I have to say That "Baseball Field Stadium" In Miami does cause me some Creepy Feelings for OU -- Maybe it will be all grass by the time we get there...? -- Anybody Know..?

The Marlins last home game is the 27th of Sept.. That gives them a week to lay the sod, assuming the Marlins do not make the playoffs (8 back in the division/5 back in the Wild Card).

They talked about this a little during the game last night.. Players were getting pretty chewed up on that gravel..

Lets hope is fixed by then...

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 04:12 PM
i hate any field that plays baseball on it (if football is also played)

Denton_Sooner
9/18/2009, 04:20 PM
^ exactly

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2009, 06:44 PM
You'd think a major university would have its own friggin place to play.

soonerborn30
9/18/2009, 10:03 PM
We really only have one missing piece.

EITHER the o-line needs to develop OR the WRs.

Having a #2 and #3 WR emerge would basically resolve ALL of our offensive woes.

I disagree. Our O line getting better is MUCH more important. If we can play smart and not have any penalties on the Oline, the other stuff will take care of itself. If the big boys can figure out how to get the ball in from the 1 we'll be even better off...:mad:

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2009, 10:10 PM
I disagree. Our O line getting better is MUCH more important. If we can play smart and not have any penalties on the Oline, the other stuff will take care of itself. If the big boys can figure out how to get the ball in from the 1 we'll be even better off...:mad:

My thought is that he o-line WILL develop. They will get better every game. by the time we are playing Neb, OSU, they will be more than serviceable. However, I don't think that a #2 WR will suddenly step up and become dependable all season.

I do think the o-line lost the game though. And got Sam hurt.

Leroyt
9/19/2009, 12:54 PM
You'd think a major university would have its own friggin place to play.

the "yew" is a major university like t. boone spent his money well at chokie state.:texan: