PDA

View Full Version : Lache Seastrunk

sooner94
9/17/2009, 05:46 PM
So this guy is the #1 RB recruit in the country out of Temple. Article in the DMN compares him to Tony Dorsett because of his speed, and even says he is faster than Reggie Bush.

Looks like his team isn't very good as they are 0-2, with a game at Plano this week.

OU is still on his list. Hopefully we can get him.

Going to watch him as I live in Plano. I'll let you guys know what I see.

Curly Bill
9/17/2009, 05:48 PM
Believe he's a pretty heavy Auburn lean.

CK Sooner
9/17/2009, 05:56 PM
Believe he's a pretty heavy Auburn lean.

Yep, and I believe he already eliminated us.

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 12:33 PM
why Auburn tho? why not texas? he would be their star?

CK Sooner
9/18/2009, 12:56 PM
why Auburn tho? why not texas? he would be their star?

No clue.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/18/2009, 01:37 PM
Lache with the Stache...i can see how that would work beautifully!

JLEW1818
9/18/2009, 08:25 PM
my buddy is at the game right now in Plano... his exact words

"Stoops don't want this rb.... way overrated one of the least physical players of "high caliber" I've ever seen "

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/19/2009, 09:44 AM
That sounds a lot like that Jermaine Gresham from Ardmore!

sooner94
9/22/2009, 11:41 PM
my buddy is at the game right now in Plano... his exact words

"Stoops don't want this rb.... way overrated one of the least physical players of "high caliber" I've ever seen "

I was there too. Not disappointed with the speed. Second play of the game was a 70 yard TD run around right end with no one getting a hand on him. Like a play on a video game.

Not effective in between the tackles, and had a lot of those Barry Sanders type 5 yard losses where he would take the hand-off and dance around in the backfield waiting for a lane.

In fairness to the kid, the O-line wasn't very good, and Plano was putting 10 in the box most of the night. Temple ran a lot of one-receiver sets and Plano didn't have to respect the passing game.

He did have 2 TD runs that were fun to watch, and catches the ball well coming out of the backfield.

Going to see Plano West vs. Allen this Friday night. Will see what Jackson Jeffcoat looks like against a great offense. That will be two of the top 5 recruits in the country back to back weekends.

JLEW1818
9/23/2009, 11:05 AM
yah he said he didn't see the TD run, but people were talking about it.. he got there a few minutes late

i should have mentioned that

w0lfe
9/23/2009, 12:56 PM
We have Miller :)

sooner94
9/26/2009, 12:25 AM
Guess who was on the Plano West sideline tonight? None other than Bob Stoops and Josh Heupel. I didn't notice them at first, but right before kickoff I heard some little kids say, "Hey, that's Bob Stoops."

They were in town to visit Jeffcoat. Stoops left at the end of the 1st quarter, and Heupel stayed. Couple of Tennessee coaches were there too. I left at halftime when Allen was up 41-0.

Jeffcoat is a great looking athlete. Tall, not too bulky, and great feet. Will be able to put on 20-30 pounds of muscel pretty easy. It was fun watching him chase plays to the sideline. Moves really well.

Allen did not run too many plays to his side, and he was facing double teams, with a 3rd guy coming at him on some plays. So its not like he could have been dominant.

Allen has very good O-linemen, all of them 260+ and not fat either, and Jeffcoat was pushing them back most plays. He can play physical, not just a quick speed guy. He had a couple of plays were he shed the block and made the tackle when they ran to his side. Defends the runn very well. I feel sorry for those facing this guy in future Oklahoma drills.

Game was very lopsided due to Plano West's offense turning the ball over a lot, and not having and DB's that can defend the pass. And Allen has a great offense. I think their players and system are better than Southlake Carroll now. Allen QB Matt Brown is going to play for Mike Stoops at Arizona. Really good dual threat QB.

JLEW1818
9/26/2009, 09:20 AM
you shoulda met Stoops in the parking lot!!!

sooner94
9/26/2009, 04:44 PM
I actually thought about that. but I would have had to run to catch up with him. That would have been a little stalkerish.:)

I thought it was neat that all the little kids thought it was cool he was there.

JLEW1818
9/27/2009, 11:07 AM
a spaceship probably picked him up .. lol

jmillerfan
9/27/2009, 12:13 PM
We have Miller :)

;)

StoopTroup
9/27/2009, 12:49 PM
Guy's team is 0-2 and we still are giving him a look.

Hmmmm....

Sounds like just another track star in pads to me. Guess we'll see when he's at Auburn.