PDA

View Full Version : Sports Animal

I Am Right
9/17/2009, 03:04 PM
Good Grief-- nothing on the Sports Idiots but Commercials and talking about the weather. 2, count em (2) calls in the last segment, then the weather. somebody say something good about OU, not osu, or I am going to listen to another station.

SoonerInLubbock
9/17/2009, 03:10 PM
Were at a great place heeere.

fadada1
9/17/2009, 03:46 PM
i was last in Oklahoma in 2000, and the animal totally sucked then. 9 years later it probably is 100X worse. 30 seconds of assback screaming giberish, 5 minutes of commercials, some asshat calling in saying osu is better than OU, assback hollering for 20 more seconds, 10 minutes of commercials.......

i can't even listen to espn radio with all the stinkin' commercials. fox sports radio (FSN) will go 1 commercial break for every 2 of espn's. at least FSN is tolerable.

okiewaker
9/17/2009, 08:40 PM
I know what you mean. I now listen to kref here in norman. Much better to me.

Hella Sideburns
9/17/2009, 10:44 PM
TO..... THE...... PHONESSSSSSS

Petro-Sooner
9/17/2009, 10:58 PM
I didnt know KREF was still around.

sooner ngintunr
9/17/2009, 11:01 PM
Its sports urinal.

They're less pleasant than fingernails on chalkboard.

Petro-Sooner
9/17/2009, 11:04 PM
Its sports urinal.

Its also less pleasant than fingernails on chalkboard.

I listened for a couple weeks back when ever it was and I wasnt impressed. Gladly take the sports animal any day.

sooner ngintunr
9/17/2009, 11:20 PM
I listened for a couple weeks back when ever it was and I wasnt impressed. Gladly take the sports animal any day.

Over fingernails on chalkboard? dang, I dunno.:confused::D

engineer24
9/18/2009, 01:46 AM
Sports animal guys keep saying that all of us on the message boards are idiots.

LMAO

sooner59
9/18/2009, 02:10 AM

LMAO

You forgot that we all hide behind fake names!

okiewaker
9/18/2009, 02:16 AM
I didnt know KREF was still around.

1400 AM. Yep, still around. Now, streaming video. Way scaled down Mike and Mike in the morn. Heh!

gaylordfan1
9/18/2009, 02:19 AM
I'm ok with BBJ, its just Jim Traber that annoys me! He really realy annoys me!

beer4me
9/18/2009, 06:14 AM

yea I didn't want to really say but beer4me is not my real name...or is it :confused: :D :D :D

Jack T.
9/18/2009, 06:30 AM
I took Traber's advice. . .and switched to listening to the Stillwater sports radio. Yeah, they have orange colored glasses, but at least they talk sports!

OUmillenium
9/18/2009, 08:35 AM
I've always called it The Commerical Animal. Brutal. It is like finding a $20 bill when you flip over and they are actually talking sports. Then you realize its Al, JT, and Dean Blevins. Ugh

Rivals 122 on Sirius is awesome in the morning. About 80% college football, lots of OU by the way, and 20% college hoops. Way better if you want meat and potatoe sports in the morning.

DakotaSooner
9/18/2009, 10:48 AM
I had no choice but to root for OU. My name is Dakota Sooner. hahaha

DakotaSooner
9/18/2009, 10:50 AM
Doh! i just laughed at my own joke......dang it

jumperstop
9/18/2009, 12:28 PM
I hate Jim Traber, always bitching about how people are talking **** about him on the internet. Maybe people wouldn't bitch about him if would acctually talk sports instead of talking about what 'idiots on the internet' think, or his stupid dogs, or his view of politics, or bitching about what people say he thinks about the weather....you get the idea. Too much bull****. Everyone else on the station is ok though.

okiewaker
9/18/2009, 12:32 PM
I can't stand when he says, " ive been doing this now for 16yrs", etc. He says that crap almost everyday.

I Am Right
9/18/2009, 03:02 PM
I know what you mean. I now listen to kref here in norman. Much better to me.

I wish we could get the ref here in southern Oklahoma.

I Am Right
9/18/2009, 03:03 PM
Its sports urinal.

They're less pleasant than fingernails on chalkboard.

That's good!

I Am Right
9/18/2009, 03:04 PM

"I don't have a force field around me big fella."

I Am Right
9/18/2009, 03:05 PM
I hate Jim Traber, always bitching about how people are talking **** about him on the internet. Maybe people wouldn't bitch about him if would acctually talk sports instead of talking about what 'idiots on the internet' think, or his stupid dogs, or his view of politics, or bitching about what people say he thinks about the weather....you get the idea. Too much bull****. Everyone else on the station is ok though.

It is always about Jim

Petro-Sooner
9/18/2009, 03:06 PM
I understand some peoples beef with Traber, hes not that bad at least to me. However, when he has the fat jack on, those are nails on a chalkboard.

okiewaker
9/18/2009, 07:30 PM
I wish we could get the ref here in southern Oklahoma.

The ref is on the AM dial in Ada, I think. I don't know where you are in southern Ok but maybe it reaches you. I think it is 740AM in Ada.

beer4me
9/18/2009, 07:52 PM
I understand some peoples beef with Traber, hes not that bad at least to me. However, when he has the fat jack on, those are nails on a chalkboard.

OOH fat *** jack he the debil when I hear he is coming on I put in a Clapton or CCR CD in and turn off the radio.

I would rather have leprosy as to listen to him.

StoopTroup
9/20/2009, 03:39 PM

LMAO

I think they are wrong about me. Matter of fact...for the right amount of money...I think I could help them up their ratings/image....but I'm not sure I would do it for the money either.

Maybe if they'd dump Traber.

engineer24
9/20/2009, 03:44 PM
I've always called it The Commerical Animal. Brutal. It is like finding a $20 bill when you flip over and they are actually talking sports. Then you realize its Al, JT, and Dean Blevins. Ugh

Rivals 122 on Sirius is awesome in the morning. About 80% college football, lots of OU by the way, and 20% college hoops. Way better if you want meat and potatoe sports in the morning.

I'll stick to the animal. I like hearing Traber's and Al's dumbass commercials on there every 3 minutes as they cut to commercial breaks. No wonder Traber is so pissed when somebody calls in complaining about hte commercials--he probably makes more money when those commercials run than what he actually gets paid by the station.

Fred Garvin
9/20/2009, 04:30 PM
There is no bigger ********* on the radio than Jim Trabor.

Bosley
9/20/2009, 04:53 PM
I walked off the elevator into the press box yesterday and the first thing I heard was Traber yelling some faggotry about cookies, making sure everyone in the room knew he was there.

All_Day_28
9/20/2009, 07:50 PM
Jim Traber needs to seriously kill himself right after he kills the fat *** jack off.

okiewaker
9/20/2009, 07:56 PM
Jim Traber needs to seriously kill himself right after he kills the fat *** jack off.

Consumption in moderation will ease your pain.:D

I Am Right
9/20/2009, 09:28 PM
The ref is on the AM dial in Ada, I think. I don't know where you are in southern Ok but maybe it reaches you. I think it is 740AM in Ada.

Thanks for the info, I will try on Monday

Tulsa_Fireman
9/20/2009, 09:58 PM
Jim Traber is no lazy.

SoonerNate
9/21/2009, 03:15 AM
OOH fat *** jack he the debil when I hear he is coming on I put in a Clapton or CCR CD in and turn off the radio.

I would rather have leprosy as to listen to him.

You can't lose him. He's on in Florida as well. He's a slumlord. Don't give him a dime!

BarryBnds
9/22/2009, 03:41 PM

LMAO

They do have a point there.

As to the Sports Animal vs. The Ref, I'll take the Sports Animal all day. The Ref is like open mike night at Jokers. It's the same 4 callers, all auditioning for a fictional part on The Ref. No thank you.

beer4me
9/22/2009, 04:13 PM
Well I admit I don't like the SA many times and have problems with everyone one on there and like everyone on there in some ways.

But it is the only local station that talks about local teams/events in addition to overall sports.

Guess I need to go to SAA

Anyone got that number??????

okiewaker
9/22/2009, 04:46 PM
They do have a point there.

As to the Sports Animal vs. The Ref, I'll take the Sports Animal all day. The Ref is like open mike night at Jokers. It's the same 4 callers, all auditioning for a fictional part on The Ref. No thank you.

As if it isn't open mic on the SA? At least several of the Ref hosts actually go to the practices and can intelligently comment as to the status of players and they are closer to the program. Anyway, jus sayin

OUmillenium
9/25/2009, 09:53 AM
At least you guys don't have to put up with SA Tulsa wedged in between morning animals and 2:00pm. Big Ag Jergens is the epitome of nails on a chalkboard. Its all TU sports and NY Yankees...ugh

Pat Jones is the only salvation for that slot. He has great insight, by and large.

Mississippi Sooner
9/25/2009, 10:04 AM
I always enjoy listening to sports radio when I get to go back home to Oklahoma. Yeah, Traber can be annoying, but you wouldn't believe what passes for sports radio down here in the Deep South. It's either a national show, or it's all SEC, all the time. And, I swear they screen the calls for the dumbest sounding rubes to put on the air and tell us all about how Gene Chizik has things turned around and Auburn is gonna contend this year. Oh, and Vandy and Miss. State may suck like an Electrolux, but they play in the SEC and that puts them in elite company right there, you know what I'm sayin'?

Yes, listening to that for a while makes Trabor's rants about himself and Eschbach's rants about who knows what a welcome relief.

Soonersince57
9/25/2009, 11:07 AM
Just this week, I listened to almost two Van Halen songs by the time a commercial break was over.

BarryBnds
9/28/2009, 09:37 AM
As if it isn't open mic on the SA? At least several of the Ref hosts actually go to the practices and can intelligently comment as to the status of players and they are closer to the program. Anyway, jus sayin

Practice?? We talking about practice? Sorry, that was my best AI impersonation. In all seriousness, there is no way the SA hosts can go to practice. Al and Jim are on the air during practice. Mark Rodgers and Curtis Fitzpatrick are on TV. I don't care how many practices James Hale goes to I'd take Carey Murdoch over him all day long.

The utter hilarity of you saying that the Ref hosts are closer to the program is nothing but laughable. Not saying I like the guys but how close can Dean, Al, JT and others be to the program?

SoonerNate
9/28/2009, 03:54 PM
I'm listening online now. I wanted to hear Traber cry after his Steelers lost.

Ready for Al to talk about the OU game.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/28/2009, 04:01 PM
Someone call Dean "the stream" Blevins while he is taking pain killers - please. The recording was hilarious...I wonder if Al and company was "counciled" about that call...