PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning...Soviet's Invade Poland...

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2009, 09:23 AM
Did Obama wait for today on purpose to scape the promised missile shield???:confused:

The 1939 Soviet invasion of Poland was a military operation that started without a formal declaration of war on 17 September 1939, during the early stages of World War II, sixteen days after the beginning of the Nazi German attack on Poland. It ended in a decisive victory for the Soviet Union's Red Army.

Czech Prime minister Jan Fischer said in a statement that U.S. President Barack Obama told him in a Wednesday phone call that the United States was shelving its plans. Fischer did not say what reason Obama gave him for reconsidering.

A spokeswoman at the Polish Ministry of Defense also said the program had been suspended.

"This is catastrophic for Poland," said the spokeswoman, who declined to be named in line with ministry policy.http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/17/united.states.missile.shield/

SoonerProphet
9/17/2009, 09:41 AM
so mr. new found fiscal conservative, how do you propose we pay for the very expensive and possible unworkable defense system...a tax hike?

meh, let the eastern europeans defend themselves. best foreign policy move i've seen outta the obame admin.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2009, 09:44 AM
so mr. new found fiscal conservative, how do you propose we pay for the very expensive and possible unworkable defense system...a tax hike?

meh, let the eastern europeans defend themselves. best foreign policy move i've seen outta the obame admin.

Conservatives aren't. At least when it comes to military spending/nation building/imperialism. It's humorous to watch them flop around like a fish when it comes to this side of spending.

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2009, 10:03 AM
so mr. new found fiscal conservative, how do you propose we pay for the very expensive and possible unworkable defense system...a tax hike?Well, we could save a lot money by stopping Obama's ACORN handouts.

Lets just call it Stimulus??

I'm sure building the components would create some good jobs, unlike the last "stimulus".

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2009, 10:07 AM
Conservatives aren't. At least when it comes to military spending/nation building/imperialism. It's humorous to watch them flop around like a fish when it comes to this side of spending.It's really not that difficult to understand. Maintaining world peace and American superiority is not just a matter of national security, but also of economic security as well.

I'd much rather spend a few billion on a missile interceptor to keep Russia honest, then say a few billion to help ACORN teach folks on how to operate underage prostitution rings.

JohnnyMack
9/17/2009, 10:10 AM
It's really not that difficult to understand. Maintaining world peace and American superiority is not just a matter of national security, but also of economic security as well.

I'd much rather spend a few billion on a missile interceptor to keep Russia honest, then say a few billion to help ACORN teach folks on how to operate underage prostitution rings.

I don't really give two ****s how you attempt to justify it, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of those who call themselves "conservative". You're a Republican, not a conservative. There is a big difference.

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2009, 10:15 AM
I don't really give two ****s how you attempt to justify it, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of those who call themselves "conservative". You're a Republican, not a conservative. There is a big difference.No, protecting the US and our allies is actually a very conservative ideal, and it should be.

I wish the same was true for liberals like it used to be. But cutting and running, appeasement and apologizing to the world seem to be the only thing libz care about these days.

Boarder
9/17/2009, 10:28 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125317801774419047.html

They're still doing a missile defense, it's just different from the one previously proposed. Strangely enough, I heard this on Fox News first.

OklahomaTuba
9/17/2009, 11:12 AM
I hope that is the case. No doubt Putin is happy about it...

MOSCOW, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Washington hopes that by backing away from an anti-missile system in east Europe, it will get Russian cooperation on everything from nuclear weapons cuts to efforts to curb Iranian and North Korean nuclear ambitions.

But will Moscow keep its side of the bargain?

The U.S. move on the shield -- due to be announced later on Thursday but already flagged by Czech and Polish officials -- removes at a stroke the biggest outstanding obstacle to bilateral relations between the former superpowers and will be hailed by the Kremlin as a big victory.http://www.kyivpost.com/world/48823

Bourbon St Sooner
9/17/2009, 11:20 AM
It's really not that difficult to understand. Maintaining world peace and American superiority is not just a matter of national security, but also of economic security as well.

American superiority doesn't exist. American superiority is drowning in debt. Frankly, I'm tired of subsidizing the European's security. When Russia and Iran decide they want to take over the world, the first place they'll go is Europe. Let Europe pay for their own damn defense! The only reason we don't is that Goldman Sachs needs trading partners they can bilk, because they can't make enough money just bilking us!

I Am Right
9/17/2009, 11:24 AM
yes, I heard the Obama speech, said "UP Yours poland".