PDA

View Full Version : Scouting the competition: Ga.Tech @ Miami

Jacie
9/16/2009, 08:20 PM
Remember to tune in Thursday night.

GT is 2-0, ranked #14 with wins over Jacksonville State and Clemson.

Miami is 1-0, ranked #20 this week after beating Florida State, which was previously ranked #18. The 2009 Hurricanes, Miami not Tulsa, are better than the 2007 team OU slaughtered in Norman, 51-13.

Sooners need to take care of business against Tulsa this week but we can all get a good look at OUr next opponent. Oklahoma has a bye week between the Tulsa and Miami games.

stoopified
9/16/2009, 10:52 PM
It is sad when big time programs are relegated to playing midweek games.I'm glad Joe C. has voiced opposition to OU getting inolved in the practice.College football belongs on Saturdays.

JLEW1818
9/16/2009, 10:53 PM
Remember to tune in Thursday night.

GT is 2-0, ranked #14 with wins over Jacksonville State and Clemson.

Miami is 1-0, ranked #20 this week after beating Florida State, which was previously ranked #18. The 2009 Hurricanes, Miami not Tulsa, are better than the 2007 team OU slaughtered in Norman, 51-13.

Sooners need to take care of business against Tulsa this week but we can all get a good look at OUr next opponent. Oklahoma has a bye week between the Tulsa and Miami games.

trust me I'll have a thread made with a pole!!! :D

Thursday night football is the ****!!!

OU-HSV
9/16/2009, 11:28 PM
Isn't Jacksonville State the team that damn near beat florida state last Sat.??
So is Jacksonville State good...or is fsu horrible...and did Ga Tech's win over Jacksonville State mean anything. What a mess to figure out. Guess we'll see tomorrow night what most of the answer is.

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2009, 03:03 AM
A customer friend of mine has a son playing for Fresno State at middle LB. Pull for Ben Jacobs against Boise Friday.

Okie35
9/17/2009, 03:10 AM
Isn't Jacksonville State the team that damn near beat florida state last Sat.??
So is Jacksonville State good...or is fsu horrible...and did Ga Tech's win over Jacksonville State mean anything. What a mess to figure out. Guess we'll see tomorrow night what most of the answer is.

We'll find out for sure against BYU this weekend. I'm leaning towards mediocre.

Octavian
9/17/2009, 03:30 AM
We'll find out for sure against BYU this weekend. I'm leaning towards mediocre.

no offense...but we won't find out anything when FSU goes against BYU.....BYU is above-average. At best.

they needed a million things --including the loss of a returning Heisman Trophy Winner...and the loss of an All-World Tight End --to win their first game....they're ok. that's it.

It's fun to play Fairy Tale and then believe you were beaten by someone who was actually really good but that's not reality.

Oklahoma vs. Miami will hinge on the matchups between Oklahoma and Miami. The mediocre teams of Florida St. and BYU have nothing to do with it.

Crucifax Autumn
9/17/2009, 03:47 AM
Not real sure about all that, but it is true that the only way to tell who is better that week is to play the game.

adoniijahsooner
9/17/2009, 07:17 AM
Yeah, we did this little song and dance last year; Texas beat us, was beaten by TT, who we later decimated. What Miami does against GTech, or FSU does against BYU, means next to nothing when we play Miami in 2 weeks.

Although I disagree that BYU is above average at best, their age and experience gives them an advantage over many teams they play regardless of talent level. It's the same reason Ryan Reynolds plays the middle over Ronnell Lewis or Austin Box, the guy has more awareness and experience, and BYU is littered with 22, 23, 24 year olds who will be disciplined and never take themselves out of position. FSU will have more talent and speed, but watch how BYU dismantles their secondary with precision and patience.

okiewaker
9/17/2009, 07:39 AM
trust me I'll have a thread made with a pole!!! :D

Thursday night football is the ****!!!

We will be waiting with great anticipation.:D

IronHorseSooner
9/17/2009, 08:28 AM
Jacksonville St. is QB'ed by former LSU QB Ryan Perrilloux. He was the only reason that they hung around against FSU. There have been a few cases early in this season where FCS opponents have given name FBS teams fits. Iowa was the other one, needing 2 blocked kicks in the span of 10 seconds to win against Northern Iowa. The next week, Iowa then went out and dominated Iowa State. Bottom line is that you can't really even judge from week to week this early. Tulsa and BYU looked good against Tulane, but Tulane was rated as one of the 20 worst teams in the country by Athlons. I guarantee that regardless of what happens on Thursday/Saturday, OU & Miami will be more than ready for each other, and it will be good game. In the long run, rankings wise, it would be better for Miami to win (much like with TCU & Cincy last year), if we were vying for a BCS-level bowl down the road, but it still really early.

mojohornfan
9/17/2009, 08:34 AM
Byu will roll FSU.

And you guys will roll Miami...IMO!

IronHorseSooner
9/17/2009, 08:36 AM
Byu will roll FSU.

And you guys will roll Miami...IMO!

As I think you guys will roll TECH. I just have a feeling that both of our teams will look at bit better when the RRR rolls around.

OUmillenium
9/17/2009, 09:25 AM
Jacksonville St. is QB'ed by former LSU QB Ryan Perrilloux. He was the only reason that they hung around against FSU. There have been a few cases early in this season where FCS opponents have given name FBS teams fits. Iowa was the other one, needing 2 blocked kicks in the span of 10 seconds to win against Northern Iowa. The next week, Iowa then went out and dominated Iowa State. Bottom line is that you can't really even judge from week to week this early. Tulsa and BYU looked good against Tulane, but Tulane was rated as one of the 20 worst teams in the country by Athlons. I guarantee that regardless of what happens on Thursday/Saturday, OU & Miami will be more than ready for each other, and it will be good game. In the long run, rankings wise, it would be better for Miami to win (much like with TCU & Cincy last year), if we were vying for a BCS-level bowl down the road, but it still really early.

This

We were watching the ticker like mad on Sat night wondering how this game would turnout. My cajun b-n-law pointed out that Periloux was the qb. Then the score made sense.

NormanPride
9/17/2009, 09:46 AM
Actually, Perriloux hit under 50% of his passes and ran for about 30 yards. FSU just couldn't stop giving the ball away.

FSU sucks, and Miami doesn't really have "home" games. We should win, but not by much.

Jello Biafra
9/17/2009, 09:47 AM
A customer friend of mine .

i didnt know you were back in the saddle...

grats....

back to dancing?:)

boomermagic
9/17/2009, 10:08 AM
:pop: