PDA

View Full Version : Going to Austin for the Tech vs *** game

fwsooner22
9/16/2009, 09:31 AM
I have lots of family and friends in the area and usually attend a game every couple of years.

Try not to go during one of our home games because I have OU season tickets. Couldn't pass this one up.

I always get a kick out of how many people never leave their tailgate. They typcially have no TV's, some do listen on the radio but a large number are just "game day" dressed and do not plan on going anywhere near the stadium.

We have some of that I know but they have thousands. What makes it even more strange is the empty seats in the stadium and lots of tickets for sale. There aren't a ton of empty seats but there are always tickets.

I do have an absolute blast when I go. You all may not like it but their game presentation is powerful. Doubt they get as loud for Tech as we did. WAY too many females in the crowd for much rowdiness. I like it that way though.

They still are **** though.

I will try to give a post game report next week.

CaliBornSoonerBred
9/16/2009, 09:38 AM
Do tickets get pretty cheap from scalper there? My gf is a Tech grad and we've wanted to go(I just love wearing Crimson in Austin) but aren't willing to pay $400 for 2 tickets.

cjames317
9/16/2009, 09:39 AM
Look forward to the report, especially the comparison to OUr crowd for last year's tech game. I haven't been to Austin for a game since their additions. I need to check it out.

DakotaSooner
9/17/2009, 10:42 AM
Look forward to the report, especially the comparison to OUr crowd for last year's tech game. I haven't been to Austin for a game since their additions. I need to check it out.

I don't think we will see a crowd like that for quite a while at OU. Nothing against our fan base but that was a unique game.

1890MilesToNorman
9/17/2009, 10:47 AM
Kick a few whorns for me while yer at it and have a good time.

ouwapiti
9/17/2009, 10:48 AM
tech 38 tu 31

badger
9/17/2009, 10:50 AM
It would be funny if Tech were to somehow pull one out of a magic hat again. One thing's for d@mn sure - you always have to take Mikey seriously, regardless of how much (or little) talent he has on the field. He can beat anyone.

:( I wish he would go to the Pac 10 and beat USC.

PS: You aren't gonna wear burnt orange, are you?

w0lfe
9/17/2009, 11:01 AM
Two things ,you better be supporting that crimson!! I mean deck out in that stuff. And also, what you doing with those season tickets that arent being used =]

CK Sooner
9/17/2009, 12:52 PM
I would love to go to that game.

Good football.

Jello Biafra
9/17/2009, 12:56 PM
I have lots of family and friends in the area and usually attend a game every couple of years.

Try not to go during one of our home games because I have OU season tickets. Couldn't pass this one up.

I always get a kick out of how many people never leave their tailgate. They typcially have no TV's, some do listen on the radio but a large number are just "game day" dressed and do not plan on going anywhere near the stadium.

We have some of that I know but they have thousands. What makes it even more strange is the empty seats in the stadium and lots of tickets for sale. There aren't a ton of empty seats but there are always tickets.

I do have an absolute blast when I go. You all may not like it but their game presentation is powerful. Doubt they get as loud for Tech as we did. WAY too many females in the crowd for much rowdiness. I like it that way though.

They still are **** though.

I will try to give a post game report next week.

stay outta the gay bars...

SoonerInLubbock
9/17/2009, 01:51 PM
stay outta the gay bars...

That's like all of 6th street right?:rolleyes: