PDA

View Full Version : NEW Jay Leno Show Night #2 has MICHAEL MOORE

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/16/2009, 12:43 AM
I almost hurled when I turned the corner into the front room to see Leno interviewing Moore, and treating him like his opinion was worth listening to. Out of the corner of my ear, I heard something about out-of-control capitalism or some of his usual commie stuff. Had to leave the room. Sad for Jay and his audience.

def_lazer_fc
9/16/2009, 12:52 AM
you should try focusing on something other than right vs left once in a while. bc if seeing jay leno interview someone you dont agree with gets you that worked up, its time to take a break.

LosAngelesSooner
9/16/2009, 01:40 AM
^^^ This.

This.

This.

This.

This.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2009, 09:32 AM
His show tanked last night. Apparently people don't care what that blow hard has to say...

GottaHavePride
9/16/2009, 09:36 AM
Or Jay Leno just sucks. It might not have anything to do with the guests.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2009, 09:50 AM
Could be that to...

Mjcpr
9/16/2009, 09:52 AM
Or Jay Leno just sucks. It might not have anything to do with the guests.

So The Tonight Show would succeed no matter who hosts it you think? How is Conan doing? I honestly don't know. I hardly ever watch TTS but I did watch a couple of his monologues...it was a'ight.

picasso
9/16/2009, 10:12 AM
I think Moore's movies are more agenda driven than actual documentaries but you have to give it up to the guy, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

tommieharris91
9/16/2009, 10:42 AM
I think Moore's movies are more agenda driven than actual documentaries but you have to give it up to the guy, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Yea, his newest movie is irony at it's finest.

9/16/2009, 12:07 PM
I think Moore's movies are more agenda driven than actual documentaries but you have to give it up to the guy, he's laughing all the way to the bank.If you want to overlook all the damage he's helped cause, you can applaud him.

soonerscuba
9/16/2009, 12:34 PM
If you want to overlook all the damage he's helped cause, you can applaud him.You can drizzle the irony on pancakes.

sooneron
9/16/2009, 12:36 PM
Yea, his newest movie is irony at it's finest.

I didn't realize that the US Gov't bailed him out.

picasso
9/16/2009, 12:57 PM
If you want to overlook all the damage he's helped cause, you can applaud him.

Not applauding him at all.

And if he's really worried about the peoples money I wonder in what regards.

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2009, 03:12 PM
If you want to overlook all the damage he's helped cause, you can applaud him.

Stop bad mouthing Ann Coulter.

starclassic tama
9/16/2009, 03:17 PM
somebody with the handle RUSH LIMBAUGH IS MY CLONE talking about someone's opinion being irrelevant... priceless

9/16/2009, 04:16 PM
somebody with the handle RUSH LIMBAUGH IS MY CLONE talking about someone's opinion being irrelevant... pricelessYou might want to quit while you're behind. Doesn't look like you're going to be able to turn the corner.

Scott D
9/16/2009, 07:19 PM
Personally I find it funnier that RLimc actually watches a show that regularly will finish behind the local news in that time slot. It's almost on par with 85 watching Oprah.

A Sooner in Texas
9/16/2009, 07:26 PM
You can drizzle the irony on pancakes.

Are those Oxycontin-flavored pancakes, by any chance?

C&CDean
9/16/2009, 08:05 PM
I just watched a re-run of the show. Here's my take:

Jay is so much > than Conan it makes me ill. Anybody who actually watched the show and goes "Conan is better," or anything like that is a braindead toad. TIA.

I Am Right
9/16/2009, 08:35 PM
michael moore aka jaba the hut

Sooner_Havok
9/16/2009, 08:53 PM

Jay is so much > than Conan it makes me ill. Anybody who actually watched the show and goes "Conan is better," or anything like that is a braindead toad. TIA.

http://www.wuthapn.com/images/toad.gif

theresonly1OU
9/16/2009, 11:13 PM
Are those Oxycontin-flavored pancakes, by any chance?

No, they're crack-cocaine flavored.

Two can play that game.

GottaHavePride
9/16/2009, 11:21 PM
So The Tonight Show would succeed no matter who hosts it you think? How is Conan doing? I honestly don't know. I hardly ever watch TTS but I did watch a couple of his monologues...it was a'ight.

Not really, no. That's why Dave is kicking Conan's *** on ratings now.

Dave > Jay > Conan > sea urchins > Jimmy Fallon.

And Craig Ferguson is funnier than any of them - if he ever moves up to The Late Show instead of The Late Late Show, he'll clean up.

SoonerKnight
9/17/2009, 02:02 AM

Thank GOD that someone around here has good taste or sense!!! Jay is WAY better than Connan I can not even watch 5 min of his show. I hope he is off air soon.

SicEmBaylor
9/17/2009, 02:39 AM
I weep for the Republic.

starclassic tama
9/17/2009, 03:17 AM
jay appeals more to the low-brow common folk so he has the bigger fanbase on this board

SicEmBaylor
9/17/2009, 03:47 AM
I prefer Letterman.

LosAngelesSooner
9/17/2009, 04:32 AM
Conan rules. Always has, always will.

Ferguson is pretty rad, however.

C&CDean
9/17/2009, 08:41 AM
jay appeals more to the low-brow common folk so he has the bigger fanbase on this board

Oh. So now you're gonna tell me Conan and Dave are all cerebral and ****? Meh. Conan simply isn't funny on the Tonight Show. He's a square peg in a round hole.

I watched Jay last night. The show moves along, is funny, and it provides decent entertainment to folks of all ages. More importantly, it doesn't rely on the host making stupid faces and body gyrations up close to the camera, or a completely gay sidekick who sucks like a Hoover. Conan's show is contrived, drags on without a chuckle to be seen (unless you're about 14 and still think somebody making faces into a camera is funny), and just isn't entertaining.

I must admit I haven't watched Dave in about 6-7 years. The last time I watched him he was basically a more mature version of Conan. Still relies on faces/silliness for grins, etc.

Scott D
9/17/2009, 10:29 AM
Out of Dave, Jay, and Conan...it's the triumvirate of not funny. This shouldn't even be an argument. They're all tired acts.

Craig Ferguson is the only one worth watching, and he's on too late at night.

C&CDean
9/17/2009, 07:07 PM
ARSENIO HALL !!11!!! WOOF WOOF WOOF...

One for the brotha.

Scott D
9/17/2009, 10:33 PM
Bringing up shows from my teenage years is pretty much the equivalent of me bringing up the days of Ed Sullivan for you.

C&CDean
9/18/2009, 09:02 AM
Bringing up shows from my teenage years is pretty much the equivalent of me bringing up the days of Ed Sullivan for you.

Ed Sullivan, Ted Mack Amateur Hour, Jack Paar, Milton Berle, Johnny Carson... it was a lot better back in the day let me tell you.

9/18/2009, 09:15 AM
Ed Sullivan, Ted Mack Amateur Hour, Jack Paar, Milton Berle, Johnny Carson... it was a lot better back in the day let me tell you.Very little politics back then, and an effort to criticize both sides equally is my memory of those early tv show.

TopDawg
9/18/2009, 01:21 PM
Very little politics back then, and an effort to criticize both sides equally is my memory of those early tv show.

Yep.

And then Rush Limbaugh hit the scene and if you want to overlook all the damage he's helped cause, you can applaud him.

tommieharris91
9/18/2009, 02:44 PM
Rush's night on Leno drew better than Moore's did, but neither night was close to his debut according to Nielsen.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/18/2009, 03:05 PM
Conan > Jimmy Fallon > Dave > Leno

I grew up watching Leno and Dave but they get old and tiresome, so my list is more of a current trend

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2009, 03:25 PM

You're a charmer.

stoopified
9/18/2009, 03:43 PM
Leno is the same no talent hack he was on TTS,now he is on primetime,however briefly.Having a quack like Moore on sure didn't help.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2009, 09:44 PM
Conan > Jimmy Fallon > Dave > Leno

I grew up watching Leno and Dave but they get old and tiresome, so my list is more of a current trend

Jimmy Fallon? You have GOT to be ****ting me. Space Ghost Coast to Coast is better than Jimmy Fallon's show.

Scott D
9/18/2009, 09:59 PM
tim and eric is better than jimmy fallon's show.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/18/2009, 10:00 PM
Jimmy Fallon? You have GOT to be ****ting me. Space Ghost Coast to Coast is better than Jimmy Fallon's show.

No

that's why I said it

yermom
9/18/2009, 10:13 PM
Space Ghost Coast to Coast is better than Jimmy Fallon's show.

i'd rather watch Space Ghost than most of those mentioned anyway :D

GottaHavePride
9/18/2009, 10:16 PM
i'd rather watch Space Ghost than most of those mentioned anyway :D

Only if Brak is involved.