PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Prater not a USC lock?

SoonerShay
9/15/2009, 05:23 PM
I don't have any links, I just read it on an insider board. It said that Kyle Prater's father was still calling Jay Norvell. They stay in close contact with him and his dad. It's not a one way thing either.

Even after he has committed to USC, I'm sure he can see if he comes here immediate playing time is available. We also lead for Darius White.

CK Sooner
9/15/2009, 05:33 PM
I don't have any links, I just read it on an insider board. It said that Kyle Prater's father was still calling Jay Norvell. They stay in close contact with him and his dad. It's not a one way thing either.

Even after he has committed to USC, I'm sure he can see if he comes here immediate playing time is available. We also lead for Darius White.

I believe it was a free article.

CrimsonJim
9/15/2009, 09:56 PM
He should tell we have good QBing just waiting for more targets to hit here at OU. Hopefully he'll change his mind and come on board.

pardon the interREDtion
9/15/2009, 11:11 PM
Maybe theres a silver lining to Sam being hurt. These stud wide outs may see we have a good arm behind Sam and alot of playing time to be had.

starclassic tama
9/16/2009, 12:11 AM
who cares about recruiting during the season? seriously

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/16/2009, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the amazing input. You cared enough to post, right?

CrimsonJim
9/16/2009, 12:17 AM

Ohhhh, I don't know. Just anybody that might be a Sooner fan AND be interested in our future. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2009, 12:36 AM
Tama's not really so much a Sooner as someone who follows along so he can more effectively troll.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/16/2009, 12:51 AM
who cares about recruiting during the season? seriouslyDayum, Starclassic, it's year-round!

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2009, 12:57 AM
Heh...yep. What worse time to think about recruiting than while the kids are playing the damned game!

starclassic tama
9/16/2009, 01:01 AM
Tama's not really so much a Sooner as someone who follows along so he can more effectively troll.

sickkk burn bro!

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2009, 01:03 AM
What can I say? I'm feeling kinda smartazz tonight.

tommieharris91
9/16/2009, 02:23 AM

Well at least the coaches do...

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2009, 05:06 AM
Well at least the coaches do...

Someone does or I wouldn't have seen at least 3 high school games on national networks showing high school games from other states as I flipped channels tonight.

adoniijahsooner
9/16/2009, 06:12 AM
Well one of our WR recruits is out for the year with an ACL injury; Sheldon McClain I believe. So it's important we add someone else in case he isnt ready by the fall.

Crucifax Autumn
9/16/2009, 06:51 AM
I think it's obvious that any good recruit is worth watching and recruiting. The beginning of this season proves that extra guys are never a bad thing.

badger
9/16/2009, 08:36 AM
Ohhhh, I don't know. Just anybody that might be a Sooner fan AND be interested in our future. :rolleyes:

Any coach will agree that regardless of the sport in college, recruiting is what keeps a program going. As for why recruiting is a concern during the season, I seem to recall Bob Stoops and Josh Heupel flying to a quarterback in Michigan's house right during the season. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84252) The fall is a prime time for verbals and decommits to switch.

sooneron
9/16/2009, 09:11 AM
After watching some of his highlights, I really hope he changes his mind about going to Watts.

IronHorseSooner
9/16/2009, 10:22 AM
If he switches, does that mean he will need to pay back his signing bonus?

CrimsonJim
9/16/2009, 12:37 PM

I get it! ;)

OULenexaman
9/16/2009, 12:53 PM
this is a bogus story...

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/16/2009, 02:11 PM
this is a bogus story...

It's on Rivals

w0lfe
9/16/2009, 02:18 PM
Prater would be a nice get. Him, white and broyles would be pretty sick

Desert Sapper
9/16/2009, 02:43 PM
Broyles seems to be the only one of our previous WR recruits that is catching the damn rock. They weren't exactly slouches. Talent and potential are a world apart from game day execution.

w0lfe
9/16/2009, 03:07 PM
Broyles seems to be the only one of our previous WR recruits that is catching the damn rock. They weren't exactly slouches. Talent and potential are a world apart from game day execution.

I agree. Confidence has a lot to do with it also.

beer4me
9/16/2009, 03:37 PM
I think it's obvious that any good recruit is worth watching and recruiting. The beginning of this season proves that extra guys are never a bad thing.

This year looks like we need 1,345,568,297 more players :D

SoonerShay
9/16/2009, 04:22 PM
this is a bogus story...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/amp-prater-explains-commitment-54362

Your Bogus.

KYHonorarySooner
10/30/2009, 01:43 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/

So what's the story with Prater?

SoonerShay
10/30/2009, 01:52 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/

So what's the story with Prater?

According a few sooner posters with connections, we are now the leader for Prater. That rivals article apparently says the same thing too.

We also lead for Darius White.

Breadburner
10/30/2009, 02:01 PM

Stoops does he's on the sidelines at alot of high school games this time of year.......

Sooner FLiP
10/30/2009, 02:02 PM
yea just read some good stuff on the premium sites. im pretty pumped up about this guy. i think he will be here for Bedlam.

badger
10/30/2009, 02:23 PM
The thing that should be bothering SC faithful is the same thing that bothered me as a Packer fan in the late 90s and early 00s - defense relaxing and taking plays off.

When the game appears to be in hand or at least within reach if they're behind, SC has been taking a very lax approach to stopping the other team from scoring... and it has allowed the likes of tOSU and other OSU (Oregon State) to stay in their games... and allowed Warsh to win theirs.

I noticed this in the late 90s and early 00s around the Ray Rhodes year and late Holmgren years - secondary not trying hard anymore. In the pros, you can dismiss should passive playing as pros counting their g's instead of caring about the game.

In college? Well, that's SC's five-star recruiting system for ya. They're like a mini-pro team out there that just doesn't care. If this Kyle Prater kid is waivering on his SC commitment, well, there just might be hope for him turning out to be a good player yet.

IronHorseSooner
10/30/2009, 06:27 PM
I know that the Lucas kid out of Missouri is now not as up on us because of the WR recruits we have coming in. Now, I know that some of the guys we have coming in are gpoing to be good players, but maybe he knows something about guys like Prater and White that some don't. These kids do talk a good bit to each other, and that does factor into these kids' decisions.

Getting Prater and White would be absolutely awesome.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:06 AM
Need some stud receivers next year/year after. Prater is pretty impressive according to his scout films.

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2009, 12:00 PM

Yup :D

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2009, 02:13 PM
I see Prater being an AJ Green/ Julio Jones style WR; whereas, I see Darius White like Dez Bryant (hopefully, without all of the issues).

Desert Sapper
10/31/2009, 10:35 PM
I see Prater being an AJ Green/ Julio Jones style WR; whereas, I see Darius White like Dez Bryant (hopefully, without all of the issues).

If either one of those guys turns out to be of that caliber, just one of them would be enough to make Landry Jones the most successful passing QB in school history. If they both turn out to be like you say, that would be the most dominant passing O in the history of the game.

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2009, 10:57 PM
If either one of those guys turns out to be of that caliber, just one of them would be enough to make Landry Jones the most successful passing QB in school history. If they both turn out to be like you say, that would be the most dominant passing O in the history of the game.

Yeah, throw in D-Miller, Broyles, DM, and complement of role-player receivers, and this offense can look real nice next year.

soonerinkaty
10/31/2009, 10:59 PM
especially with all of our returning linemen and hopefully a solid pass-catching TE.

sooner94
10/31/2009, 11:04 PM

At least Bob Stoops and Josh Heupel. Saw them on the Plano West sideline about a month ago watching Jackson Jeffcoat (the #1 rated defensive player coming out of high school).

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2009, 11:16 PM
especially with all of our returning linemen and hopefully a solid pass-catching TE.

Well, tonight I was a bit shocked to see Cory Brandon in the starting line up, and I guess Tavaris Jeffries is injured. Habern has been improving, but Good and Brandon did have a couple of penalties tonight. Good, Habern, and Jeffries should be the interior of the line next year, and Jones should lock down the RT position. The real key next year is replacing T-Will and Brody. LT could be Brandon or Vinson. I think that Hanna will eventually win out as the pass catching TE, and that Mensik will win out at blocking TE. I believe that Hanna had a catch tonight, and that Mensik got some snaps, too.

gaylordfan1
10/31/2009, 11:19 PM

Me, and I guess everyone else but you...... :D ;) :D

gaylordfan1
10/31/2009, 11:22 PM
Tavaris Jeffries didn't make the trip to Kansas due to a violation to team rules.... I think it was about him not making it to class or something. He did suit up today, not sure if he played or not.

Widescreen
10/31/2009, 11:23 PM
You can have all the best receivers and QB in the world, but our OL is really going to have to improve next year to take our offense to the next level.

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2009, 11:28 PM
Tavaris Jeffries didn't make the trip to Kansas due to a violation to team rules.... I think it was about him not making it to class or something. He did suit up today, not sure if he played or not.

He's going to be a critical part of the line next year. He might even get a shot at the LT spot next year, as he's not far off T-Will's size, and he was an LT in JUCO.

Look for Evans to also get a shot at LG. I'm still interested what Vinson and Alandoye can do. They are the same sizes as Big Phil and Duke, respectively. Hopefully, they are on the Schmitty physical training program, as I think the staff learned their lesson with Big Phil and how his weight his junior season hindered him.