PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the ISU highlights

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2009, 10:05 PM
I watched the ISU game highlights on soonersports. One thing that struck me was how much Jones physically resembles Bradford in the pocket and throwing. Just looking similar doesn't mean anything, but he has a strong arm and the snippets that were shown, he was accurate. I was impressed the way he caught the shotgun snap - a few were off the mark and it was clearly very wet out there and he caught them cleanly and immediately looking downfield.

Nice to see DM running like that. Will be interesting to see how he does against TU, but he looks to be much further along than this time last year. I'll bet he is still not 100%, but should be soon.

Also great to see Box flying around like that w/o that big arm brace. I suspect he is going to get a lot of PT.

Kudos to you fans that attended and took the drenching :)

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 10:07 PM
The weather definitely did suck.

soonerborn30
9/14/2009, 10:16 PM
The impressive thing about Landry is that he'd never played a football game in the rain before. He did really well considering. Now if only we can figure out that pesky 1st and Goal business.

adoniijahsooner
9/15/2009, 07:15 AM
The impressive thing about Landry is that he'd never played a football game in the rain before. He did really well considering. Now if only we can figure out that pesky 1st and Goal business.

Wow. You know that only happened one time right? The other times we hit the goal line they punched it in.

BoulderSooner79
9/15/2009, 07:33 AM
Wow. You know that only happened one time right? The other times we hit the goal line they punched it in.

Yes, but that one time ruined the whole experience for everyone and the rest of the game didn't count.

:rolleyes:

BornandBred
9/15/2009, 07:44 AM
Can we get a receiver besides Broyles that can catch a pass from Landry? I mean, I'm sure Caleb is great and all, but he dropped the first 3 passes that hit him in the shoulder pads. I guess it was nerves or something, but jeeze. I also thought Landry did very well managing the game, he wasn't perfect, but for the most part I feel comfortable with the game in his hands. I suspect that with improvement in the drops department he'll do extremely well. Overall, I'm very OK with him at the helm. Obviously I'd prefer Bradford, but I think Jones can be a very good backup.

Also, the linebacking core looked impressive. I told my wife during the game that when the ISU O was coming at us, just to follow #4 and he would go to the ball. It worked 80% of the time. When it didn't it was because Lewis had already made the tackle.

yermom
9/15/2009, 07:57 AM
i was pretty happy with Laundry, but i needed a dryer after the game :D

if he plays like that next week we should be fine. hopefully the WRs can stop dropping balls...

unbiasedtruth
9/15/2009, 09:50 AM
I watched the replay yesterday that was on Fox Sports SW..... and this is difficult to say..... but two or 3 times in the game I saw "Pancaking" Eldridge wide open and the ball going to Matt Clapp on the goal line once, and another times to wr that werent as open as Pancaking.....

prrriiide
9/15/2009, 02:03 PM
I watched the replay yesterday that was on Fox Sports SW..... and this is difficult to say..... but two or 3 times in the game I saw "Pancaking" Eldridge wide open and the ball going to Matt Clapp on the goal line once, and another times to wr that werent as open as Pancaking.....

Could be that the week of practice showed that, although he was capable of playing at a high level, Brody's chances at a drop due to his finger were greater than they liked? Not that that made a difference in the end of course...doesn't matter who drops it when it gets dropped as often as our receivers did Saturday.

Or perhaps LJ got that far in his check-downs and decided that they were open enough.

Jello Biafra
9/15/2009, 03:54 PM
serious question (for once) i think landry throws a little hard than bradford does so, since i've never (been skinny enough to) play WR, does this effect how you react to the ball? i suspect it does but it may have been a little more glaring since it was raining damn near the entire game.

i personally hate it when my balls are wet.

Dan Thompson
9/15/2009, 09:22 PM
Landry didn't know it was raining!

I was suprised when BOB said there were 6 new starters on the OL.

AzianSooner
9/15/2009, 09:31 PM
Landry...hmmm.. he should shave half of his mustache when playing texass to full those ugly D.E.

CrimsonJim
9/15/2009, 09:40 PM
I think Landry is going to be one HELL of a good QB! He's still got some learning to do, but by the time Sam is gone, he will be ready. Barring something catastrophic, we are going to be in great shape at that position for the foreseeable future.

picasso
9/15/2009, 10:48 PM
serious question (for once) i think landry throws a little hard than bradford does so, since i've never (been skinny enough to) play WR, does this effect how you react to the ball? i suspect it does but it may have been a little more glaring since it was raining damn near the entire game.

i personally hate it when my balls are wet.

no, they drop 'em with either QB.

beer4me
9/16/2009, 06:03 AM
Can we get a receiver besides Broyles that can catch a pass from Landry? I mean, I'm sure Caleb is great and all, but he dropped the first 3 passes that hit him in the shoulder pads.

This^^^

Jello Biafra
9/16/2009, 06:34 AM
no, they drop 'em with either QB.

well, that aint werth a shiite.

soonerborn30
9/16/2009, 06:15 PM

yeah, I was more going off of our recent history. We've lost 2 NC's and our home opener because of our inability to punch it in. Just sayin'.

OUAlumni1990
9/16/2009, 06:54 PM
The weather definitely did suck.

didn't for me. I watched it from my living room ppv.

:pop: