PDA

View Full Version : Tech vs Tejas

SoonerInLubbock
9/14/2009, 01:30 PM
I have to be honest I'm looking forward to this game. I have to root for Tech for obvious reasons. I'm trying to convince Tech fans to bring posters to the game showing last years score. :P Tech over Tejas 24-14

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:30 PM
Lid in 1, 2, 3....

fwsooner22
9/14/2009, 01:35 PM
Who cares what happens. If Texas wins they are the greatest team ever. If they lose it will be somebodys fault and the private planes and banners will be flying.***************

Barry Stoops
9/14/2009, 01:38 PM
Would love to see it happen :cool:

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2009, 01:40 PM
It's probably better for us for UT to win.

Fortunately, which team you pull for has no impact on the outcome :D

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 01:43 PM
Lid in 1, 2, 3....

Ya did it all wrong. Here, watch this:

Lid in 3, 2, 1....

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:43 PM
I just hope nobody gets hurt. I wouldn't want to have to play texas if they had a bunch of injuries.

What glory is there in beating a depleted opponent?

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:44 PM
Ya did it all wrong. Here, watch this:

Lid in 3, 2, 1....

Thanks. My babysitter is in the other room right now.

Barry Stoops
9/14/2009, 01:49 PM
I would hate for them to lose any players also.

SoonerInLubbock
9/14/2009, 01:50 PM
I just hope nobody gets hurt. I wouldn't want to have to play texas if they had a bunch of injuries.

AGREED!!!

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2009, 02:37 PM

That may be the most intelligent post you have ever written. Not only does it show a keen intellect, but it shows that you have that special quality that so many people lack these days... that is.. character.

To play an opponent when they are at their strongest... preferably at a neutral site, and to defeat them by double digits... and instead of hollow excuses and whining from the vanquished, you receive begrudging respect, is the height of sportsmanship and class.

I applaud you sir.. for your original and heartfelt post.

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2702646&postcount=6

cvsooner
9/14/2009, 02:47 PM

Tell that to BYU.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2009, 02:48 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2702646&postcount=6

pssttt... I know. :D

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 02:48 PM
That may be the most intelligent post you have ever written. Not only does it show a keen intellect, but it shows that you have that special quality that so many people lack these days... that is.. character.

To play an opponent when they are at their strongest... preferably at a neutral site, and to defeat them by double digits... and instead of hollow excuses and whining from the vanquished, you receive begrudging respect, is the height of sportsmanship and class.

LMAO!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 02:51 PM
Texas is going to obliterate TT....

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 02:55 PM
Texas is going to obliterate TT....

Could be....

Leach should wear one of these....

http://images8.cafepress.com/product/397685698v5_150x150_Front_Color-White.jpg

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 02:58 PM
Tell that to BYU.

We are on a different level than BYU. That game, were we depleted or not, helped legitimize their team. They wouldn't have cared if we were trotting our 3's out there, they'd be just as happy.

That being said, WE want our opponents to be at full strength and undefeated when we meet them on the field. Not only does playing a depleated team take away from the satisfaction when you defeat them, it also weakens our SOS which we rely on to rip the hearts from our conference foes who choose to play cupcakes early in the year. :)

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 03:00 PM
pssttt... I know. :D

pssttt... Good. You had me worried there for a moment. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 03:03 PM
Could be....

Leach should wear one of these....

http://images8.cafepress.com/product/397685698v5_150x150_Front_Color-White.jpg

A rookie qb in Austin....the game that kept them outta the NC last year...I wouldn't be surprised if its a similar beatdown that they got from OU last year.

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 03:14 PM
A rookie qb in Austin....the game that kept them outta the NC last year...I wouldn't be surprised if its a similar beatdown that they got from OU last year.

Yeah, I predict bloodshed, and it isn't going to be burnt orange. I'm gonna watch it, but I dont' think it's going to be pretty for the sand aggies.

cvsooner
9/14/2009, 03:26 PM
We are on a different level than BYU. That game, were we depleted or not, helped legitimize their team. They wouldn't have cared if we were trotting our 3's out there, they'd be just as happy.

That being said, WE want our opponents to be at full strength and undefeated when we meet them on the field. Not only does playing a depleated team take away from the satisfaction when you defeat them, it also weakens our SOS which we rely on to rip the hearts from our conference foes who choose to play cupcakes early in the year. :)

Okay, tell it to West Virginia, then. Sheesh.

goingoneight
9/14/2009, 03:31 PM
it will be important to note what Tceh can do to Tejas secondary, regardless of outcome. If I see a 56-31 game in whorn's favor, I'll be cautiously optimistic. If they win something like 56-10 maybe, I think we're in big trouble. We've seen it for three years now that Cart can score on us... don't count on us shutting him down. IMO, holding Tejas to 24 is the only way to make it "winnable."

We gotta start moving the ball better and less predictably.

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 03:31 PM
Okay, tell it to West Virginia, then. Sheesh.

Point taken. ;)

Barry Stoops
9/14/2009, 03:46 PM

You sound like a Pompous Blow hard *******.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 03:51 PM

Welcome to Soonerfans Barry! :D

cjames317
9/14/2009, 04:00 PM

Disarming, yet self-aggrandizing. I applaud you sir for exemplifying all that is horndom.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2009, 04:21 PM

That's because I AM a pompous blow hard *******.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 04:23 PM

Such a huge step for you. Your really making some great strides today. Will you be back tomorrow for another session?

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 04:26 PM

Ok, somebody call an Admin! Evidently Lid has had his account stolen. ;)

bluedogok
9/14/2009, 04:28 PM
Yep, never trust a guy wearing a bowtie :D

westbrooke
9/14/2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect any of the focus issues that slowed UT early against Wyoming. The UT fans I know want heads on pikes.

OUAlumni1990
9/14/2009, 04:35 PM
yeah, this does smell like a beatdown for tech. If they keep it within 2 TD's, I'll call that a win for tech.

CK Sooner
9/14/2009, 04:39 PM
Lid, how many starter do you have out because of grades/injuries and when do you think the grade casulties will be back?

CtheB
9/14/2009, 05:47 PM
Lid, how many starter do you have out because of grades/injuries and when do you think the grade casulties will be back?

"Let me answer this one for Lid...."

It all depends on how well their replacements are playing.

CK Sooner
9/14/2009, 05:56 PM
"Let me answer this one for Lid...."

It all depends on how well their replacements are playing.

That didn't answer my question.

I Am Right
9/14/2009, 06:03 PM
Who cares what happens. If Texas wins they are the greatest team ever. If they lose it will be somebodys fault and the private planes and banners will be flying.***************

Now thats funny.

A Sooner in Texas
9/14/2009, 07:34 PM

If they lose it will be because of the cheating gooners once again. :texan:

OKC-SLC
9/14/2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome to Soonerfans Barry! :D

heh, I was about to type the same thing.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2009, 08:39 PM
I'm so torn. I really want to be the ones to knock off the orange crybabies, but at the same time I would really take pleasure is seeing them lose at home to a rookie QB

SoonerPr8r
9/14/2009, 08:52 PM
TT-Less
ut-more

Sirus
9/14/2009, 11:20 PM
The only thing that would suck as far as * losing is that @sshat Mark May would claim he was right about the big 12 being weak. #3, #5, #2 going down to inferior teams 3 weeks in a row won't look good.

Then again, I can live with that.

Crucifax Autumn
9/15/2009, 12:20 AM
That may be true, but he'd still be Mark May. No way for him to overcome that particular learning disability.

TexasLidig8r
9/15/2009, 08:34 AM

Brandon Collins (who was going to be a huge part of the passing game), Deon Beasley (a starter when we play nickle) and Christian Wells (who was pushing Gideon for the starting safety position) are all waiting for the NCAA to clear them academically... it's the old, "is progress being made toward their major" issue. We were supposed to hear back last week... who knows when the NCAA will move on this.

Blaine Irby, who was supposed to start at tight end but was injured LAST year in the Rice game.. is out for the year... the two tight ends we had who were supposed to replace him.. also hurt, and out for the year.

Jared Norton, injured against ULM, did not play against Wyoming and was not expected back this week as well. His absence although missed, is not as significant since we will probably come out in a nickle and play 2 linebackers the majority of the game anyway.

Michael Huey, injured against ULM and did not make the trip to Wyoming, is at least listed on the depth chart this week but is not expected to start. He had come along very well and was becoming the best offensive lineman we have.

OUmillenium
9/15/2009, 08:43 AM

It will be truly amazing if UTerus ever accomplishes such a feat!;)

stoopified
9/15/2009, 08:54 AM
Texas is going to obliterate TT....Funny thing is that is what MOST people thought last year,especially the members of the Burnt Orange Cow Cult. :D

Dio
9/15/2009, 09:08 AM
I like how Disney, Inc. all of a sudden remembered last year's game between these two, after spending all of Nov, Dec, and the first week of January pretending it never happened.

sooneron
9/15/2009, 09:35 AM
cows - 52
zorros - 31

TexasLidig8r
9/15/2009, 09:54 AM
Funny thing is that is what MOST people thought last year,especially the members of the Burnt Orange Cow Cult. :D

Actually. .not at all. We knew it would be a dogfight.. the 4th of 4 consecutive games against highly ranked opponents.. and as Ou has discovered, sand aggy plays very differently at home against top opponents.

hell, aggy has not won in Lubbock since 1995.
You guys lost your last 2 there.

Get sand aggy out of Lubbock, and they tend to fold worse than a Men's Wearhouse suit.

sooneron
9/15/2009, 10:03 AM
I guarantee it!

http://images.chron.com/blogs/lorensteffy/GeorgeZimmer.JPG

meoveryouxinfinity
9/15/2009, 10:12 AM
Texas. Big. But closer than the experts think! <Corso img>

Jacie
9/15/2009, 11:33 AM
Last year, Leach put it all together and had the whorns in Lubbock to boot, just enough to eke out a win. That was almost enough to win the Big XII South. What he couldn't control was OU having all-world offense and because of the schedule, playing the Sooners in Norman. Maybe in two or three more years the stars and planets will once more align for Mike Leach to make a serious run.

Ten years ago, Mack would manage to lose a game like this one. Not anymore. The sa*et of today doesn't drop a game they should win. Given that Tech is breaking in a new quarterback, the game being in Austin and the revenge for last year, this one will be whorn lovefest, literally. Watch for YouTube videos of people actually getting it on in the stands by the fourth quarter.

DakotaSooner
9/15/2009, 11:40 AM
UT by 35

cjames317
9/15/2009, 04:19 PM
Saturday night game in Austin? After what happened last year? I gotta feeling that Tech's gonna feel deja vu all over again, and not the good kind. Wouldn't put it past the horns to blare "Jump Around" so the crowd can get their freak on.

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 04:51 PM
Found a classic post. :D

Originally Posted by badger View Post
I don't see whorn logic in how an undefeated Tech and an undefeated Bammer (or perhaps a one-loss Bammer or a one-loss Florida) would somehow be behind a one-loss Texas, especially seeing how your season is over and how you have absolutely NO STATEMENT GAMES LEFT when those three teams do... but then again, look what fanbase we are talking about

Bet off then. I'll serve out my time in purgatory and giggle when you're all in the Holiday Bowl for the millionth year in a row.
Hillbillies...

Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
If sand aggy and bama go undefeated, clearly, they will be playing for the national champeenship.

As it is, in BCS rankings...

1. Bama
2. Sand aggy
3. Texas

IF, sand aggy loses to the Land Thieves, the computers are going to crucify them because of their schedule and they will fall behind Texas, and OU and Florida. Their remaining game would be against Baylor. Hello Cotton Bowl for Pirate Mike and his crew.

IF, Florida loses to Fla State in Tallywackerhassee, and they beat Bama, Texas goes to the MNC.

Of course, if the Land Thieves win against Sand aggy and Okie Lite, despite the overwhelming belief on here, right now it is too close to call as to who will be ranked higher in the BCS standings and will play Misery in the Big XII champeenship.

In short, it appears when Texas mudholes aggy on Turkey Day night, that will mean we either play in the Fiesta Bowl (assuming the winner of the Big XII champeenships plays in the MNC).. or.. the MNC.

Oh. don't knock the Holiday Bowl. After all, it is the only bowl Stoops can win.

Here's the link.

A TRUE CLASSIC (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2494031&postcount=32)

CrimsonJim
9/15/2009, 05:04 PM
Epic!

StoopTroup
9/15/2009, 08:17 PM
Epic!

Knew you'd like it. :D

AzianSooner
9/15/2009, 09:14 PM
I would root for texass. I love to see OU playing underdog role in Oct.

It's better to win over a rank 2 team.

StoopTroup
9/17/2009, 06:16 PM
I just wonder about whether this should become "The Mudhole Trophy". :D

btk108
9/17/2009, 06:28 PM
That may be true, but he'd still be Mark May. No way for him to overcome that particular learning disability.

heheheheh.....:D