PDA

View Full Version : Nate Hybl's Version of Orange Makes Me Puke

Judge Smails
9/14/2009, 08:55 AM
Anybody catch Nate Hybl ripping on the Poke fans in the DOK today? :stunned:

I guess I missed it when he originally said OSU fans are the most obnoxious he'd ever encountered.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 09:00 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/9/d/29dc494c0421bb261c80a2cef8b885ed.jpg

OUmillenium
9/14/2009, 09:04 AM
Nates record as a starting QB versus OSU?

goingoneight
9/14/2009, 09:10 AM
That doesn't matter. What's OSU's record versus OU... and they hate us.

spacecadet
9/14/2009, 09:23 AM
His loss or losses to OSU were not his doing.

Nate is a great sooner

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/winter2003/images/year/y1.jpg

Judge Smails
9/14/2009, 09:26 AM
Why his intense dislike for OSU fans over say Texas fans?

Did one of them throw their keys at him?

sooneron
9/14/2009, 09:28 AM
His loss or losses to OSU were not his doing.

Nate is a great sooner

He didn't necessarily do everything that was needed to win, but 28 points in 02 should have been enough for a "defense that is so good, it's scary."

Oh, but that was a M Stoops D and they are above reproach on Soonerfans.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 09:35 AM
YrDkOIGt3pM&NR=1

OUmillenium
9/14/2009, 09:59 AM
Not ripping on Nate personally, he never lost to UT and never lost a bowl game. How many Sooner QBs can say that?

Just saying that the OSUx fans actually have a little something on him lOSUr beat him/Sooners twice. So they probably come out of the woodwork and take every chance they can to rip him.

I'm not going Traber on him at all. He married a friend of a friend so I have a tremendous amount of respect for him personally as well as athletically.

sooneron
9/14/2009, 10:02 AM
I don't mean to come off like a hater. rus can definitely testify to that. I'm a fan and bought him a beer at a watch party in NY a few years back. Good guy and a solid Sooner QB.

goingoneight
9/14/2009, 10:06 AM
He didn't necessarily do everything that was needed to win, but 28 points in 02 should have been enough for a "defense that is so good, it's scary."

Oh, but see... you're letting facts get in the way of argument. Kinda like pretending someone DIDN'T beat us 55-19.

It all comes down to Venables. If he woulda quit throwing those picks, healed Jason White's knees and covered OSU's only playmaker... we're in Glendale for sho!

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 10:09 AM
Kinda like pretending someone DIDN'T beat us 55-19.

I have no idea what your talking about.

SoonersEnFuego
9/14/2009, 10:20 AM
Irrelevant.

A-M
9/14/2009, 10:44 AM
Oh, but see... you're letting facts get in the way of argument. Kinda like pretending someone DIDN'T beat us 55-19.

It all comes down to Venables. If he woulda quit throwing those picks, healed Jason White's knees and covered OSU's only playmaker... we're in Glendale for sho!

Here we go with the "IF...we would have", again. Don't look now, but "IF...we would have" never happens in real like.;)

spacecadet
9/14/2009, 11:25 AM
I will take a loss every now and then with a Mike Stoops aggressive style defense over what they put on the field these days.

Stoops defenses were hard hitting and aggressive. That cannot be said now.

Was he perfect? No, Is he better than BV. Heck yeah

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 11:42 AM
I will take a loss every now and then with a Mike Stoops aggressive style defense over what they put on the field these days.

Hands down!

Desert Sapper
9/14/2009, 12:18 PM
Nate Hybl was a durn good QB. He's the only OU QB to win a Rose Bowl. He may have lost to OSU a couple times, but he definitely didn't allow Woods to score that last TD in '01. I was in that endzone. I saw Hybl. He wasn't in coverage.

I suppose he's justified in hating the pokes. They probably lord their victories over him like he was the only one responsible. He wasn't. But desperate people with very little real success will do and say just about anything to get a rise out of their betters. They only win when their betters shout back.

OUmillenium
9/14/2009, 12:21 PM
Nate Hybl was a durn good QB. He's the only OU QB to win a Rose Bowl. He may have lost to OSU a couple times, but he definitely didn't allow Woods to score that last TD in '01. I was in that endzone. I saw Hybl. He wasn't in coverage.

I suppose he's justified in hating the pokes. They probably lord their victories over him like he was the only one responsible. He wasn't. But desperate people with very little real success will do and say just about anything to get a rise out of their betters. They only win when their betters shout back.

My point exactly.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:22 PM
You guys don't think some of this difference isn't the player attitudes?

I've heard lots of Mike's Old Players say that they were hungry back then and that what seems to be missing is the killer instinct and wanting something so bad it hurts.

None of them seem to think it's a talent issue or a Coaching issue.

I know that Successful Olympic Athletes have used tricks to help themselves get to the gold. Envisioning a win even before you perform...stuff like that.

Mike was great and it's easy to bag on Brent when he's having player issues. Just think that even Mike dealt with guys who didn't expect to crush a team everytime. Mike also got to leave after winning a NC. Brent has gotten us close too. I don't think it's his fault when we didn't score but 14 points in the phlorida game or the bYu game for that matter.

Bosley
9/14/2009, 03:37 PM

Nates Record as a starting QB vs Texas?

goingoneight
9/14/2009, 03:43 PM
OSU versus... anyone of significance?

SoonerBBall
9/14/2009, 03:51 PM
None of them seem to think it's a talent issue or a Coaching issue.

Roy Williams
Derrick Strait

Those two guys made Mike look really damn good.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 03:59 PM
Roy Williams
Derrick Strait

Those two guys made Mike look really damn good.

Your not gonna make a "Two guys makes a Defense" argument are you?

bluedogok
9/14/2009, 03:59 PM
Why his intense dislike for OSU fans over say Texas fans?

Did one of them throw their keys at him?
I have more of a dislike of OSU than I do of Texas, I worked in an office of 200-250 for 11 or so years in OKC that was probably 50% OSU almni/fans. Most were pretty good about it but you always had the obnoxious bunch especially during the Blake years. Most of the Texas fans that I know down here aren't as obnoxious, they reserve more of their hatred for A&M which they feel is inferior to them, most of the ones that I know see OU as more of an equal.

Now I will say that it seems Texas fans get more obnoxious the further they get away from Austin. I caught much more crap from them when I lived in Dallas than I ever have living here and I have been in Austin 3x longer than I lived in Dallas.

Soonersince57
9/15/2009, 10:21 AM

He also didn't give up 38 points in '02 either.

DakotaSooner
9/15/2009, 12:15 PM

Couldn't have said it better.

cheezyq
9/15/2009, 01:02 PM

This is like saying that hurricanes never hit the Gulf of Mexico just because it wasn't hit by one this summer. One "fact" doesn't make up for a history of success or failure, either for Stoops or Venables.

SoonerBBall
9/15/2009, 02:11 PM
Your not gonna make a "Two guys makes a Defense" argument are you?

You're not going to put words in my mouth based on a single sentence I made, are you?

Of course two guys don't make an entire defense, that is a preposterous idea. They did, however, give the coaches a lot of latitude with what could be done with the other 9 guys on the field. You think Everage would have been able to fly around, lowering his shoulder and not look where he was going if Strait and Williams weren't around to make sure he wasn't exposed as an average cover guy? Defense was a lot easier when we didn't have to worry about Straits side of the field and when at least one offensive player was required to know where RW was at any moment.

Sooner04
9/15/2009, 02:20 PM
Not ripping on Nate personally, he never lost to UT and never lost a bowl game. How many Sooner QBs can say that?
Is this games only they started, or for a career? Off the top of my head:

Jimmy Harris
Dave Robertson
Steve Davis

Pigface1
9/15/2009, 03:17 PM
It's a mix of a lot of things. For one, it's attitude. . Bob may be indifferent about everything and that possibly rubs off on the players.

I'm not a big BV fan, but he doesn't have the athletes across the board like Mike Stoops did, especially now, although McCoy is an absolute beast.

Hybl made me pull my hair out sometimes. He's also the last QB to win a BCS game for OU.

I Am Right
9/15/2009, 03:26 PM

Read the article.