PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 No-Huddle OU vs Idaho State

Hot Rod
9/14/2009, 07:40 AM
Looks like it was scheduled to show today at Noon on Fox Sports SW.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks. Just hit record on the DVR.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 11:29 AM
Speaking of no huddle, I thought we were going away from t hat

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 11:45 AM
Speaking of no huddle, I thought we were going away from t hat

You don't pay attention do you? You really went to the game right? Read the board? Do any research?

If your gonna get involved Gresho...get involved. This is why some of us have hammered on you a bit.

Just sayin'...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2698372&postcount=14

Here....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260&highlight=huddle

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 11:51 AM
You don't pay attention do you? You really went to the game right? Read the board? Do any research?

If your gonna get involved Gresho...get involved. This is why some of us have hammered on you a bit.

Just sayin'...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2698372&postcount=14

Here....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260&highlight=huddle

what the hell is your problem? I saw that thread and saw where it said KW was doing some huddling in practice. Then I went to the game and all we did was no huddle.

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 11:54 AM
psssst....don't believe everything you read on a message board. ;)

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 11:54 AM
You asked a question...I answered it.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 11:59 AM
You asked a question...I answered it.

You didn't answer my question, you were a smart ***. Then you posted a link for a thread talking about how we were going to mix in the huddle and no huddle.

This is why some of us have hammered on you a bit.

No, you guys hammer on people because its what you do and you think it is awesome to have a "gang" of 40 year old men getting off and negging people. Whatever floats your boat though.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:02 PM
You didn't answer my question, you were a smart ***. Then you posted a link for a thread talking about how we were going to mix in the huddle and no huddle.

In practice. You can't read either huh?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 12:03 PM
Troup are you cranky?

Go to bed!

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:03 PM
No, you guys hammer on people because its what you do and you think it is awesome to have a "gang" of 40 year old men getting off and negging people. Whatever floats your boat though.

Think what you want. Your just mad. I understand that.

Gang....lol

I didn't even know my STEP Gang was here either.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:06 PM
Troup are you cranky?

Go to bed!

Well....my back hurts a bit and I'm watching the ISU replay...it might be that 4th and 1 that might make me cranky though. Don't think we huddled on that one either. :D

Iam4OUru
9/14/2009, 12:06 PM
Looks like it was scheduled to show today at Noon on Fox Sports SW.

What channel on Directv?

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:08 PM
Landry didn't get in again.

I'll watch it again later to see if he does any better.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:11 PM
Gresho....

Try this...it helps sometimes.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php

Hot Rod
9/14/2009, 12:11 PM
What channel on Directv?

Couldn't tell ya. I have Cox cable. Sorry.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 12:12 PM
Think what you want. Your just mad. I understand that.

Gang....lol

I didn't even know my STEP Gang was here either.

but im not 40..im just a boy!

beer4me
9/14/2009, 12:14 PM
Landry didn't get in again.

I'll watch it again later to see if he does any better.

Watch it in reverse and see if he can get it in that way :D :D

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:24 PM
Watch it in reverse and see if he can get it in that way :D :D

I'm thinking I might do that and look through a mirror over my shoulder.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2009, 12:27 PM
Did we run the sneak from a full power formation (i.e. double tight ends)? If so, that's a silly call. Having a big bodied WR or TE split from the line forces the D to put somebody in coverage as well as making the safeties and LBs worry about the pass. If it causes them to hesitate for just a split second, it could make the difference in the plays success. Granted, it should not have mattered against an FCS team, but why practice something that won't work that well against a top opponent. You can probably tell what I thought about our 2 runs against the gators - if we had put Gresh in the slot, the same play has a much better chance of succeeding (but I digress).

I guess I am more surprised we had 5 plays and didn't score than the failure on the QB sneak. I didn't see the game - must have been a penalty to give us 5 plays?

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 12:45 PM
Did we run the sneak from a full power formation (i.e. double tight ends)? If so, that's a silly call. Having a big bodied WR or TE split from the line forces the D to put somebody in coverage as well as making the safeties and LBs worry about the pass. If it causes them to hesitate for just a split second, it could make the difference in the plays success. Granted, it should not have mattered against an FCS team, but why practice something that won't work that well against a top opponent. You can probably tell what I thought about our 2 runs against the gators - if we had put Gresh in the slot, the same play has a much better chance of succeeding (but I digress).

I guess I am more surprised we had 5 plays and didn't score than the failure on the QB sneak. I didn't see the game - must have been a penalty to give us 5 plays?

Had two Tight ends (Brody and Ratterree), Dejuan Miller at wideout, Clapp in at Fullback and Brown behind him.

Brown didn't bash his way in either time he got the ball and Landry went real high and didn't follow his center to well. Him going high allowed the isu D to push him back. Had he gone lower...I think he might have put the ball over the goal line on 4th down.

The worst part of that series for me was that isu had a penalty for Illegal Substitution and we got an automatic 1st and ten from the goal line and didn't score against them. Even though we went on to have a good game...that series will bother me until we start seeing some real team work from the offense.

ouwapiti
9/14/2009, 12:59 PM
just finished watching it....looked like varsity vs JV

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:27 PM
Boulder....

We run the exact same play on 4th and 1 in the 2nd quarter. We're at the isu 6 yard line with 6:44 left. We blow them off the line that time...but then again...isu lined up a bit differently defensively as they thought we might pass I guess. On the series you talked about...they were blitzing a guy into the line...but that was about the only difference.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 01:28 PM
In practice. You can't read either huh?
Why practice it in practice if you aren't going to use it?

Gresho....

Try this...it helps sometimes.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php
Thanks. Seriously how old are you and who made you hate life?

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:29 PM

Quit hassling me man! I'm 90.

LMAO!

Doyen
9/14/2009, 01:32 PM

you're beginning to make me hate life

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 01:37 PM

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/Picard_Facepalm_by_LuckyHRE.gif

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/Picard_Facepalm_by_LuckyHRE.gif

you would comment and neg me.

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 01:41 PM
Quit acting like a tool please....

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 01:43 PM
Quit acting like a tool please....

says the guy in an internet posse.

Look all I asked was why we were still running the no huddle b/c I had heard that in practice we weren't doing it. Then like usual, Troup is a complete dick to me. Sorry for asking a question. It won't happen again

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:46 PM
says the guy in an internet posse.

Look all I asked was why we were still running the no huddle b/c I had heard that in practice we weren't doing it. Then like usual, Troup is a complete dick to me. Sorry for asking a question. It won't happen again

I am sorry I penised you.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 01:47 PM

we shoulda been able to run that in with 6 guys on offense counting the quarterback and runningback...

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 01:51 PM

1. The thread you imagined that in said they used the huddle in practice. Nowhere did it say they were going to use the huddle in the game.
2. Believe it or not, Troup is trying to guide you to more intelligent posting. Pay attention and you might just learn something.
3. Apology accepted.
4. Thank you.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2009, 01:54 PM
Had two Tight ends (Brody and Ratterree), Dejuan Miller at wideout, Clapp in at Fullback and Brown behind him.

Brown didn't bash his way in either time he got the ball and Landry went real high and didn't follow his center to well. Him going high allowed the isu D to push him back. Had he gone lower...I think he might have put the ball over the goal line on 4th down.

The worst part of that series for me was that isu had a penalty for Illegal Substitution and we got an automatic 1st and ten from the goal line and didn't score against them. Even though we went on to have a good game...that series will bother me until we start seeing some real team work from the offense.

Since we had Miller at wideout, I'm happy with the call and unhappy with the result like everyone else.

I watch the 1st half of the tOSU/USC game and was thinking about the goal line offense mentioned in another thread. I just don't think it is effective to run pure power inside the 3 yard line against talented teams. There has to be some other options that the defense has to worry about. An O-lineman cannot push back a D-lineman that is submarining - the physics just don't work. It all 11 defenders are on the line or directly behind the line and a bunch of the big guy submarine, there is no place to run. The flip side is that a guy that submarines is an immobile obstacle and is left out of any play that goes wide and useless as a pass rusher. USC took all four downs to score their 1st TD from the 2. I'm still not convinced that tOSU even scored on their only TD trying to go pure power, but the replay wasn't conclusive. Then they had to settle for 3 another time as they had no confidence on 4th down. I'm not saying pure power doesn't work sometimes, just not at an acceptable percentage *against good teams*. The play calling has to force them to worry about multiple options. Sometimes they might guess and stuff you, but if they guess wrong, you should burn them with an easy score.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Jim.

I spekked you for that. :D

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 02:00 PM
Since we had Miller at wideout, I'm happy with the call and unhappy with the result like everyone else.

I watch the 1st half of the tOSU/USC game and was thinking about the goal line offense mentioned in another thread. I just don't think it is effective to run pure power inside the 3 yard line against talented teams. There has to be some other options that the defense has to worry about. An O-lineman cannot push back a D-lineman that is submarining - the physics just don't work. It all 11 defenders are on the line or directly behind the line and a bunch of the big guy submarine, they is no place to run. The flip side is that a guy that submarines is an immobile obstacle and is left out of any play that goes wide and useless as a pass rusher. USC took all for downs to score their 1st TD from the 2. I'm still not convinced that tOSU even scored on their only TD trying to go pure power, but the replay wasn't conclusive. Then they had to settle for 3 another time as they had no confidence on 4th down. I'm not saying pure power doesn't work sometimes, just not at an acceptable percentage *against good teams*. The play calling has to force them to worry about multiple options. Sometimes they might guess and stuff you, but if they guess wrong, you should burn them with an easy score.

Won't disagree with you and yes calling those plays that way isn't good football....but the ISU game was a scrimmage. Stoops and Wilson are known to calling stuff like that in games like this and I don't think they were playing this game with percentage calls. Why they did some of it against bYu boggles the mind though.

suc and tosu is also a much different situation. They were both playing to stay undefeated and are both very good team with great recruits. Different situations that have nothing to do with what we saw Saturday in Norman IMO.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 02:08 PM
1. The thread you imagined that in said they used the huddle in practice. Nowhere did it say they were going to use the huddle in the game.
2. Believe it or not, Troup is trying to guide you to more intelligent posting. Pay attention and you might just learn something.
3. Apology accepted.
4. Thank you.

1.)Generally teams practice certain things to utilize them in games.
2.)If being a more intelligent poster means being like Troup,etc. then no thanks.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2009, 02:13 PM
Won't disagree with you and yes calling those plays that way isn't good football....but the ISU game was a scrimmage. Stoops and Wilson are known to calling stuff like that in games like this and I don't think they were playing this game with percentage calls. Why they did some of it against bYu boggles the mind though.

suc and tosu is also a much different situation. They were both playing to stay undefeated and are both very good team with great recruits. Different situations that have nothing to do with what we saw Saturday in Norman IMO.

I agree ISU was a scrimmage and the coaches may just have wanted to grade players or make a point. But you do want to look unpredictable for the purposes of worrying future opponents although I doubt teams will look at the ISU game very much.

suc and tosu was different and very instructive I think. They had everything to play for and being predictable on the goal line hurt them (tOSU settling for 3) or almost hurt them (suc having to go all the way to 4th down and barely making it). I understand suc more trying to protect a true FR QB. I also understand us trying to protect Jones against BYU, but I'm still irked about our sequence against UF. Just hope we can evolve to be a little more unpredictable in the future and can trust our execution no matter what is called.

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 02:13 PM
2.)If being a more intelligent poster means being like Troup,etc. then no thanks.

Gresho...your in no danger of being an intelligent poster so don't worry.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 02:16 PM
good to know

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 02:23 PM
good to know

That's a good start.

goingoneight
9/14/2009, 02:34 PM
They huddled up before starting each series and rarely after first downs. They still want to run the fast-paced offense, but occasionally you step back and groom the young'uns who need help with assignments, playbook recognition, etc. Bottom line is when this line gets it, they're gonna be damn good and better players for it.

jonnylingobyufan
9/14/2009, 03:10 PM
Congrats on killing idaho state! Here is to you destroying tulsa and miami in the same manner. Landry was looking good.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/14/2009, 03:16 PM
Congrats on killing idaho state! Here is to you destroying tulsa and miami in the same manner. Landry was looking good.

same to your cougars...evidently cougars are predators of oklahoma football teams

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 03:25 PM
1.)Generally teams practice certain things to utilize them in games.

I can see how you might use the huddle in practice, but "practicing the huddle"....not so much. ;)

CrimsonJim
9/14/2009, 03:27 PM
same to your cougars...evidently cougars are predators of oklahoma football teams

Ain't that the truth! I know I'm not in any hurry to play anybody else that has a cougar for their mascot. :O

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 03:27 PM
In all fairness to Gresho...

The Trojans practice their huddling skillz.

iuKgtBNNTns