PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations OU fans...

Soonerus
9/13/2009, 03:14 PM
...against Idaho State in the pouring rain and after BYU, the stadium was full and rocking. I was surprised and proud !!! Not many teams would have that kind of loyal fan support...

SoonerFah
9/13/2009, 03:18 PM
If I can stomach the Gibbs- Blake Eras a little rain won't get in the way to watch a top program that Stoops runs.

SoonerPr8r
9/13/2009, 03:21 PM
It was full at least until halftime but I understand. The conditions were miserable. But I was surprised at how loud it was with the stands half empty

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2009, 03:24 PM
Reminded me of the old days with my NHS Tigers played their home games on Owen Field.

We'd get 20,000 to a game and the stands would look deserted.

bluedogok
9/13/2009, 03:28 PM
Reminded me of the old days with my NHS Tigers played their home games on Owen Field.

We'd get 20,000 to a game and the stands would look deserted.
Those were some bad lights in the stadium back then as well.

Sooner04
9/13/2009, 03:29 PM
It wasn't full, but it was a really good turnout. I was pleasantly surprised.

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2009, 03:32 PM
Those were some bad lights in the stadium back then as well.

^^^this^^^

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 03:49 PM
It wasn't full, but it was a really good turnout. I was pleasantly surprised.

It didn't really fill in though until they started singing the Nationsl Anthem. After warm-ups the Team looked around and the stadium had a lot of empty seats. When they came back out I'm betting they were surprised to see as full a House.

WTG Sooner Fans!

Sooner04
9/13/2009, 05:41 PM
I don't remember them giving the official attendance, the wife made us leave in the 2nd (don't ever get married, kids!), but I'd bet there were 80,000 there at kickoff. Maybe a little less.

One hell of a turnout. That was some nasty rain.

soonerborn30
9/13/2009, 05:46 PM
Bob Barry said on the post game the "official attendance" was 84K and some change. They called it a sellout on Soonersports.com. It was wet and miserable, but you don't miss home openers.

OUBookbabe
9/13/2009, 05:48 PM
84000+. Stayed until the bitter end. I think my OU chair back is finally dry.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/13/2009, 06:20 PM
I got a free ticket and made the trip last minute. I wish I had just stayed at home and watched it on the tube with the family.

Yes, I am a fair weather fan in the truest sense of the world. I did however get a nail in my foot and stayed until the end of the 3rd quarter. I'm a trooper.

Gresho Murford
9/14/2009, 11:38 AM
My fingers looked like I had been swimming alld ay

Hot Rod
9/14/2009, 11:41 AM

LOL! That's how my feet were.

flopshotjoe99
9/14/2009, 01:32 PM
I was a bit dissapointed by a long time season ticket holder in section 9, row 1. After the first drive stalled he chants BYU, BYU & walked out. Other than that had a great time as usual, a little rain isn't gonna keep me away.:cool:

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 01:35 PM

Prune Proned.

http://www.classontheweb.com/imageswhywhy/w3nqz0553cfddrmmjhrg5555Skin1.gif

jumperstop
9/14/2009, 03:13 PM
I stayed the entire time, a bit of rain isn't going to stop me from watching a football game. I've sat through much worse games before. In fact I never leave a game early. Kinda disapointmented me that so many people decided to leave, even the ones with rain slickers.

MamaMia
9/14/2009, 03:14 PM
Some people just didn't want to bring their older parents or keep their children out in that pouring rain and I can certainly understand that. There were a lot of tailgaters with tickets as well, who decided to stay as dry as what was actually possible underneath the tailgate tents. When I went down to get pizza, I saw a lot of people watching the game on the TV screens under the bleachers as well.

All in all we had a pretty good showing.

BornandBred
9/14/2009, 03:35 PM
I went and when they said attendance was 84k+ the entire section around me started booing. It did NOT look like there were that many people in the stands. Maybe they were underneath? When I went for the requisite corn dog it was pretty full under the seats.

Jello Biafra
9/14/2009, 03:39 PM
so, was it worse than the game vs. the Senneca Wallace led Iowa State?

THAT game, my friends, you had to be a man to be there lol..it was about 62 degrees and rained about 35 minutes of the game as well as a hour and half rain delay. i thought i saw the ark at one point in that game.