PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holders

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 11:17 AM
Noticed last night that there were lots of folks missing that we had sat with for years. A few had info on the missing. Sad to see so many folks have to make a choice to give up their seats after being so loyal for years.

That's something I didn't even think about.

To those Sooners who lost jobs and their Season Tickets...

Prayers to you that the road ahead is full of prosperity and OU Football.

ST

stoopified
9/13/2009, 11:52 AM
Noticed last night that there were lots of folks missing that we had sat with for years. A few had info on the missing. Sad to see so many folks have to make a choice to give up their seats after being so loyal for years.

That's something I didn't even think about.

To those Sooners who lost jobs and their Season Tickets...

Prayers to you that the road ahead is full of prosperity and OU Football.

STIf they are smart they renewed them (to keep the tickets in their name) and then sold them to a fellow Sooner.I have had to do that for the last couple of seasons.

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 11:59 AM
There was some of that but also there were some that had to leave the State for jobs elsewhere too.

Again. It must be a heart wrenching decision to be faced with.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/13/2009, 01:33 PM
I gave mine to a fellow Sooner and his son's first OU game as I live in Dallas and could not make the trip win or lose last week.

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 03:44 PM
Good man! Hope they had fun.

A-M
9/13/2009, 03:50 PM
My son and daughter in law do not have season tickets, but they know someone who knows someone who have 2 of them and travles a lot so he doesn't want to use. So, they buy them from him. That's why I stay with their kids so they can go to the game. It's a win/win situation for both people.

okiewaker
9/13/2009, 03:58 PM
I gave mine to a fellow Sooner and his son's first OU game as I live in Dallas and could not make the trip win or lose last week.

This is great. I am not fortunate to have season tickets so I have to buy mine from somebody who does. Thanks to folks like you, my son and I get the benefit of going to a game and getting good seats. Thanks

btk108
9/13/2009, 11:50 PM
I just got season tix this year....gave the Idaho tix to my son and some of his NWOSU golf teammates....a Minnesotan and a Swede...both OU virgins....they were thoroughly impressed. I just hope they behaved themselves and I don't hear any stories when I get there Sat. They also got my SoonerFans parking pass...said it was AWESOME parking...they showed up too close to kickoff for the tailgate...but I'll def be there!

flopshotjoe99
9/14/2009, 02:29 PM
noticed the same thing in our section, hopefully it they were just scared off by the rain & will be back this week.

I Am Right
9/14/2009, 03:12 PM
RAIN

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 04:06 PM
RAIN

You might be right....well I'll be....you are right!

OklahomaTuba
9/14/2009, 04:07 PM
playing mash potato state in the rain really wasn't worth the drive IMHO. I gave mine to someone else.

budbarrybob
9/14/2009, 05:40 PM
playing mash potato state in the rain really wasn't worth the drive IMHO. I gave mine to someone else.

I understand.
However, the tickets are not cheap (I am). I have too many family members I have to take throughout the season. My wife loves to go as much as I. Being at the game > at home.
BTW my seats are under the deck so I don't get wet :D

OU4LIFE
9/15/2009, 07:02 AM
If they are smart they renewed them (to keep the tickets in their name) and then sold them to a fellow Sooner.I have had to do that for the last couple of seasons.

it's not always about being smart, even if you sold the tickets to friends, you aren't going to recoup the 500-1000 fee just to keep the seats you've had for 40+ years.

money talks, loyalty walks.