PDA

View Full Version : For your Sunday morning reading enjoyment

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2009, 07:46 AM
Now I remember why I keep Orangepower.com in my bookmarks.

http://www.orangepower.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2009, 07:53 AM
Truth be told, that sounds a lot like our board after a painful loss.

Flagstaffsooner
9/13/2009, 07:53 AM
Silly, silly snot lickers...

don't go goon fans please
I know emotions are running high right now, but please don't turn it to goon fans. The ball didn't bounce our way a couple times and we made alot of mistakes. We have a great team and it's early in the season. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, but don't go goon fan and think the world is coming to an end because we lost one game. I'll prob get slammed for posting this, but everyone have faith in the team. we're not gooner u! i have been a loyal fan and the loss today will not change that. our boys played hard and didn't get the results we all were hoping for. http://www.orangepower.com/images/smilies/frown.gif all that aside go pokes! beat rice i'm not jumping of the fanwagon. way to hang in there guys, if anyone on the team reads this good job, and you have loyal fans that appreciate your hard work and effort. I'm gonna get slammed but i don't care. Keep your heads up we're (I) not goon fans we will support you win or lose. Keep working hard brighter days are just over the horizon.http://www.orangepower.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

GO POKES!!!

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2009, 07:56 AM
I'm not saying it's not funny to go over there, though. :D

tru2ou
9/13/2009, 08:15 AM
Guys, be happy with an OU win and don't be happy because others lost. Last week I hated it when people came up to me with a big smile on their face and asked me "what happened?". Its really sad when people are happy when bad things happen to others.

I prefer to be happy about the OU win and not worry about other teams and fans when their teams lose.

JMHO.

- Tru

sendbaht
9/13/2009, 08:41 AM
Enjoyable reading thanks. I really liked the comment from one of the pokefans...

"OU and Texas are different teams than Houston. They don't have the speed at wide out Houston does."

Oh, I sure hope we can fix this before we play them.:))

stoopified
9/13/2009, 08:42 AM
I posted on one of their rant threads over there.I said: AT LEAST YOU GOT TO LIVE THE DREAM HOWEVER BRIEFLY,A WHOLE WEEK IN THE TOP 5. I figure I'm proably banned now.

GrapevineSooner
9/13/2009, 08:49 AM
Guys, be happy with an OU win and don't be happy because others lost. Last week I hated it when people came up to me with a big smile on their face and asked me "what happened?". Its really sad when people are happy when bad things happen to others.

I prefer to be happy about the OU win and not worry about other teams and fans when their teams lose.

JMHO.

- Tru

Oh I agree.

But a little good natured Schadenfreude never hurt anyone. ;)

Bosley
9/13/2009, 08:55 AM
"One of the reasons we lost today is because UH played with wreckless abandon"

Classic.

sooner518
9/13/2009, 09:27 AM
Enjoyable reading thanks. I really liked the comment from one of the pokefans...

"OU and Texas are different teams than Houston. They don't have the speed at wide out Houston does."

Oh, I sure hope we can fix this before we play them.:))

I think we have the speed. Other than Broyles, I'm not sure we have the separation and catching abilities though. Hopefully that will come soon

MyT Oklahoma
9/13/2009, 09:27 AM

JMHO.

- Tru

Very true.. but still........

"Poor Aggies. Poor Aggies. Poor Aggies." << You just had to be in the south stands at the 1984 OU/OSU game to fully appreciate this one.

batonrougesooner
9/13/2009, 09:39 AM
Is Orange still the new Red?

AzianSooner
9/13/2009, 10:16 AM
I am sorry for those distance brother up north. They were so pumped up last friday. Seem like they are destined to play NC pretty soon and then the whole world colapsed.

Well, "laughing at your neighbor today and he might laugh at you tomrrow" is always true.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2009, 10:25 AM
It does sound alot like here last week, but damn, how fast you can fall from the false pedestal.

delhalew
9/13/2009, 10:35 AM
My favorite.

being an osu football fan is like dating a stripper...no matter how much you love it, it will never love you back

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 10:48 AM

JMHO.

- Tru

Tru...

I would prefer that too...however reality requires me to notice and before aggie beat Georgia and OU lost to bYu...there was very little orange wearers at my work place and really around town.

This week requires me to ask but two questions...

Where the heck is your orange? You haven't given up yet have you?

SoonerDood
9/13/2009, 11:04 AM
A Team on the Rise is suddenly 1-3 in their last 4, with 2 of those losses at HOME. By next Saturday they'll be back to praising the "World's Most Powerful Offense version 3.0"

TXBOOMER
9/13/2009, 12:01 PM

JMHO.

- Tru

I agree 100% with you. But not this week. Boomer!

I Am Right
9/13/2009, 12:29 PM
What is the Oklahoman going to say now, the little school from the north did a poke choke

SoonerInFortSmith
9/13/2009, 04:03 PM
One of the posts over there said something to the effect of, "OU got their tradition through 60 years of cheating."
Wow, pukes! Lose to Houston and start talking **** about OU. Typical.

A-M
9/13/2009, 04:43 PM
One of the posts over there said something to the effect of, "OU got their tradition through 60 years of cheating."

I noticed this also. Really don't think that we had anything to do with their lost, but I guess they can't keep from taking a 'poke' at us when they lose and we win. :D :D

stoopified
9/13/2009, 04:51 PM
You would think that T.Boone State fans would be better losers,after all they have had plenty of practice(516 all time losses).

tigepilot
9/13/2009, 05:46 PM

Because their fandome has more to do with OU than OSU. OSU fans are OU haters with an affinity for orange. Next time you see an average OSU fan (ie not the ones that actually go to the games), ask them some general questions about the OU and OSU programs... I bet they know more about OU football than OSU. ;)

Piware
9/13/2009, 07:03 PM
Because their fandome has more to do with OU than OSU. OSU fans are OU haters with an affinity for orange. Next time you see an average OSU fan (ie not the ones that actually go to the games), ask them some general questions about the OU and OSU programs... I bet they know more about OU football than OSU. ;)

Better yet, ask them if they are season ticket holders and how much they donate to their athletic department every year. The silence is deafening!
One of my friends' kids posted on Facebook and it went something like "let this be a lesson to OU". WTF?!?!?

And alas, poor Gumby. Last week he was the second coming of Vince Lombardi, today they are wanting to use his hair gel to superglue him to a noose. What a freak show!

Crimsontothecore
9/13/2009, 07:18 PM
Ahhhhh, orangepower for comic relief! Losing to a top 20 team by one point on a neutral field doesn't seem so bad after watching #5 (hee) get spanked on their own turf by an unranked team.
Oh well, Just wait till next year

okiewaker
9/13/2009, 07:29 PM
What makes me laugh is that Traber and most on wwls say that robinson doesn't look the same as last year, and that something is wrong and the coaches won't say. More freakin excuses. It is funny to me to listen to traber gravel in his own waste.

GKeeper316
9/13/2009, 08:50 PM
What makes me laugh is that Traber and most on wwls say that robinson doesn't look the same as last year, and that something is wrong and the coaches won't say. More freakin excuses. It is funny to me to listen to traber gravel in his own waste.

shush you!

traber's awwesome

okiewaker
9/13/2009, 08:52 PM
shush you!

traber's awwesome

Heh, so your are traber?

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2009, 09:35 PM
Funny how they always call us cheaters and conveniently forget that every time they get halfway decent, probation is just lurking around the corner

Boarder
9/13/2009, 09:50 PM
I have really been giving it to all my goon co-workers last week and dread going to work tomorrow because I am going to hear about it all day.

You'd think that an agricultural school would understand the concept of reaping what you sow.

tigepilot
9/13/2009, 09:53 PM

Actually, I herd Traber say this before the loss. I wouldn't call it an excuse unless it's only brought up after the loss.

Hot Rod
9/13/2009, 10:30 PM
All I know is, I'm gonna have a blast tomorrow at work with OSU fan co-workers, after the crap they gave me last week! :D

MamaMia
9/13/2009, 11:21 PM
I live in a fairly large town but its still considered a rural area. Its packed full of cowpokes. Since last Saturday, they've been displaying their truck magnets and flying oSu flags all over the place. It'll be interesting to see how much of that I'll have to endure this week.

A-M
9/14/2009, 10:11 AM
All I know is, I'm gonna have a blast tomorrow at work with OSU fan co-workers, after the crap they gave me last week! :D

When you get home from work, be sure to let us know how your day was!

OUmillenium
9/14/2009, 10:54 AM
I left my OU flag out all week. I wonder if the lOSUrs will proudly display their colors?

Hot Rod
9/14/2009, 10:57 AM
When you get home from work, be sure to let us know how your day was!

Well, already Mr. "I wear an OSU shirt/polo every day" didn't wear one today. :cool:

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 10:59 AM
I left my OU flag out all week. I wonder if the lOSUrs will proudly display their colors?

Same here.

I'm surprised they aren't down at the car wash blasting those stickers off with a high pressure hose already.

Jello Biafra
9/14/2009, 10:59 AM
my next door neighbor put his flag out AFTER the LosuR game last week. i went out the get the paper and mentioned it. he said he just found it in the garage and was taunting me with his teams 1-0 record....this morning, pulling out of the driveway, i noticed it was gone lol...

budbarrybob
9/14/2009, 02:08 PM

JMHO.

- Tru

Thanks for YHO and while I respect it. I wholeheartedly disagree on more than one level.
First, I could care less about being civil to an aggie fan. The mere fact that they had one shining moment in the last 32 years where they may have been ranked slightly higher than OU was almost too much to bear. Because they cannot handle success gratiously nor defeat is enough of a reason to give them hell.
Second, It would be a luke warm day in hell when I'd cheer for the aggies. It's not that I don't have aggie friends who are exceptional people. Its that I don't have aggie friends who are good fans... Period.

So you can behave nicely and properly. Take the high road and all that. But I'm tired of all the political correctness, fair gamesmanship between fans, hand shaking before the game bull crap. Let the boys play and let the chips fall where they may!

fwsooner22
9/14/2009, 03:00 PM

JMHO.

- Tru

OK Really ? With all due respect this is a football forum. If my neighbor went to UT and his wife gets cancer and dies I will be the first one to bring food and drive his kids to school BUT October 17 HE SUCKS. Its football and this is our relief from "what happened" to others.

This reminds of the "people" (you could not have been OU grads or fans you were just somebody who wore crimson that day) at the Tech game last year that thought we were too loud.

One more thing, its OSU we are talking about here; kinda like going to see the Taliban and having a chat with them to make it ok. They are going to shoot you on site. Then you will be "what happened".

Sorry that got personal but its football we are talking about here.

Jello Biafra
9/14/2009, 03:20 PM
seriously, i can't stand seeing all of this "be nice to XXX" fugg them....we win, it doesnt matter about SOS. the rest of the big XII can eat a big turd sammich.

i like a bunch of texas people and osu people but when they put thier shctuff on, they know what they are in for. I rarely wear my gear unless its game day anyway.

fwsooner22
9/15/2009, 09:08 AM
seriously, i can't stand seeing all of this "be nice to XXX" fugg them....we win, it doesnt matter about SOS. the rest of the big XII can eat a big turd sammich.

i like a bunch of texas people and osu people but when they put thier shctuff on, they know what they are in for. I rarely wear my gear unless its game day anyway.

Ditto. Can't say it any better than that.

Soonersince57
9/15/2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for YHO and while I respect it. I wholeheartedly disagree on more than one level.
First, I could care less about being civil to an aggie fan. The mere fact that they had one shining moment in the last 32 years where they may have been ranked slightly higher than OU was almost too much to bear. Because they cannot handle success gratiously nor defeat is enough of a reason to give them hell.
Second, It would be a luke warm day in hell when I'd cheer for the aggies. It's not that I don't have aggie friends who are exceptional people. Its that I don't have aggie friends who are good fans... Period.

So you can behave nicely and properly. Take the high road and all that. But I'm tired of all the political correctness, fair gamesmanship between fans, hand shaking before the game bull crap. Let the boys play and let the chips fall where they may!

This