PDA

View Full Version : OU / Miami game meetup

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 03:07 AM
If any of you are making the trek down here for the game and would like to tailgate please let me know. I am going to the game alone and would like to have a few brews, brats, etc... with some fellow Sooner fans from back home.

Thanks,

Nate

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 03:18 AM
I will be supplying a grill BTW.

SunnySooner
9/13/2009, 09:21 AM
The MiamiSooners will be tailgating outside ticket office "H". They have a website miamisooners.com for more info. That's where we'll all be picking up our "willcall" tickets, so should be a pretty big group. Wish they would announce the game time, I want to make plans!!

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 10:41 AM
Would you be will to welcome some Sooners coming down from Tampa?

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 10:43 AM
Tampa? Get a rope! :D ;)

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 10:49 AM
Tampa? Get a rope! :D ;)

Hey, I'm originally from Green Country (Miami, OK):D , I just happen to be in Gaytor Hades right now, and stationed at MacDill, AFB. :(

JLEW1818
9/13/2009, 10:54 AM
The MiamiSooners will be tailgating outside ticket office "H". They have a website miamisooners.com for more info. That's where we'll all be picking up our "willcall" tickets, so should be a pretty big group. Wish they would announce the game time, I want to make plans!!

2:30 ABC Central time... that is my guess

SWFloridaSooner
9/13/2009, 11:04 AM
We are planning on coming over from Cape Coral but haven't gotten tickets yet. Where is the best place for me to get tickets? I've never been to an OU/Miami game in Miami, what can I expect?

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 11:06 AM
We are planning on coming over from Cape Coral but haven't gotten tickets yet. Where is the best place for me to get tickets? I've never been to an OU/Miami game in Miami, what can I expect?

I would guess that you would need a flak jacket. I can bring a few from my unit:D

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 11:35 AM

I'm afraid to answer this as apparently we have a sponsor on this site that I didn't use.

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 11:37 AM
Hey, I'm originally from Green Country (Miami, OK):D , I just happen to be in Gaytor Hades right now, and stationed at MacDill, AFB. :(

Good to see you represent.

If I lived in Tampa...I'd hitchhike for this one.

BOOMER ! ! !

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 11:50 AM

You are the man! Thanks!

SWFloridaSooner
9/13/2009, 12:26 PM

I grew up in Green Country as well (Dewey, OK). Being in Florida, SEC country, has been "interesting" for me. :) I'm not sure I'll make it back to Norman for a game this year so I'm excited about making the trek to Miami.

SWFloridaSooner
9/13/2009, 12:28 PM
and
SOONER!

SoonerNate
9/13/2009, 12:28 PM
I grew up in Green Country as well (Dewey, OK). Being in Florida, SEC country, has been "interesting" for me. :) I'm not sure I'll make it back to Norman for a game this year so I'm excited about making the trek to Miami.

Wow. Small world! I was born in Bartlesville (right by Dewey) and now live in SE Florida. Grew up near Edmond area.

OPSEC
9/13/2009, 03:06 PM
Wow. Small world! I was born in Bartlesville (right by Dewey) and now live in SE Florida. Grew up near Edmond area.

Really? Lived in Bville all through grade school and High school. Currently in Florida based out of Patrick AFB. (no, no, not AF.....Army). Dont worry got the transfer just to watch the game : )

Anyway, would be great to meet some more Sooner fans. I agree living in SEC country IS strange, but.....

Going to the game w/ HS friends from Seattle and Tulsa. Got tix already.

bringit
9/13/2009, 03:10 PM
I'm sure you can pick up tix at the gate or even less outside the gate.

SWFloridaSooner
9/13/2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks! Seems many of us displaced Sooners were born in Bartlesville.