PDA

View Full Version : OU Club Of Houston members. A ? 4 U

LoyalFan
9/13/2009, 02:49 AM
You announced, via your website, that KGOW 1560 AM was gonna b'cast Sooner games this season. Wellllll...If they did broadcast the Idaho State game I must have screwed up when I opted for the Listen Live feature...All I got was a talk show. What gives?
I did find the game on KYFM radio (Bartlesville) however, although it sounded as though they were calling the game under a tin roof during those torrential rains.
Anyway, what happened to the KGOW dealio?

As ever,

LoyalFan
San Antonio

SoonersEnFuego
9/13/2009, 08:29 AM
Hey cool. Go Bartlesville.

owenfieldreams
9/13/2009, 08:34 AM
The game was on 1560 AM in Houston. While I watched it on PPV, I ran out for a while & listened to it in my car.

I live on Galveston Island & while it's still a fairly weak signal, it's far better than 1430 AM which is the old station carrying the broadcast.

bluedogok
9/13/2009, 09:00 AM
You announced, via your website, that KGOW 1560 AM was gonna b'cast Sooner games this season. Wellllll...If they did broadcast the Idaho State game I must have screwed up when I opted for the Listen Live feature...All I got was a talk show. What gives?
I did find the game on KYFM radio (Bartlesville) however, although it sounded as though they were calling the game under a tin roof during those torrential rains.
Anyway, what happened to the KGOW dealio?

As ever,

LoyalFan
San Antonio
They may not have the rights to stream the game broadcast, in fact it surprises me that any of the stations have rights to stream the broadcast since they have an internet broadcast agreement with CBS College Sports but maybe they don't enforce it. I know that most of the stations that carry NFL or MLB games live cannot stream the game broadcasts because those leagues have agreements covering the streaming broadcast and usually have other programs broadcast during the game.

LoyalFan
9/13/2009, 09:46 AM
The game was on 1560 AM in Houston. While I watched it on PPV, I ran out for a while & listened to it in my car.

I live on Galveston Island & while it's still a fairly weak signal, it's far better than 1430 AM which is the old station carrying the broadcast.

I clicked on Real Player to select a stream but only got a football talk show.
So, what did I do wrong at THIS link after typing in "KGOW" and hitting Search?
http://1560thegame.com/
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

LF

bluedogok
9/13/2009, 09:50 AM

I clicked on Real Player to select a stream but only got a football talk show.
So, what did I do wrong at THIS link after typing in "KGOW" and hitting Search?
http://1560thegame.com/
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

LF
I think he was listening to it on a radio, not over the internet.

Others that have had the game streaming in the past was KKGM in the DFW area and some said KRXO had the game streaming as well.