PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to the defense

landrun
9/12/2009, 11:46 PM
Negative yards rushing, 1-14 on 3rd downs (the 1 was for about 10 yards I think) and a shut out.

I know that team was weak, but still, you couldn't really ask for much more than that.

oh... and Miller really impressed me running the ball too.

VA Sooner
9/12/2009, 11:48 PM
Defense definitely did well... from what I could keep up with on GameCast. Where the heck did Jonathon Miller come from? The boy is a stud... good to have him in the mix of RBs.

Next up... Tulsa.

SoonerShay
9/13/2009, 12:13 AM
They had negative yards on the first team defense. 2nd and 3rd stringers got a ton of time in the game.

Jonathan Miller looks like Jahvid Best from Cal

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2009, 12:16 AM
Speaking of Miller it sure seemed like a ton of true freshmen played tonight; hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ***

westcoast_sooner
9/13/2009, 12:59 AM
Shutting anyone out takes tremendous effort. With the lopsided score, reserves in late, the guys could have let down, or a fluke play could have occurred. So, the shut out is big, IMO.

jmillerfan
9/13/2009, 01:23 AM
Negative yards rushing, 1-14 on 3rd downs (the 1 was for about 10 yards I think) and a shut out.

I know that team was weak, but still, you couldn't really ask for much more than that.

oh... and Miller really impressed me running the ball too.

That's my boy

mehip
9/13/2009, 02:55 AM
Where the heck did Jonathon Miller come from? The boy is a stud... good to have him in the mix of RBs.

I loved how aggressive he was running. It was fun to see.

tooslow
9/13/2009, 10:22 AM
I'm still concerned that Arizona State held them to less total yardage, even with their backups in the game. :(

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 10:41 AM
I was thinking that the Coaches might have told the Defense good job at halftime and then asked them to leave the room as they didn't want to hear what they were getting ready to tell the offense.

Both squads did well...but the defense was the star last night.

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2009, 10:48 AM
Box = Man

tooslow
9/13/2009, 10:53 AM
I was thinking that the Coaches might have told the Defense good job at halftime and then asked them to leave the room as they didn't want to hear what they were getting ready to tell the offense.

Both squads did well...but the defense was the star last night.

Agree 100%. I didn't see the game, but I did read that we had 1st and Goal from the 2, and failed on the QB sneak on 4th and inches. :mad:

The defense is stout enough to keep us in every game, although after watching several late winning drives by our opponents this decade(trademark Venables D?), I'd rather our offense control the fate of the game in the 4th.

Soonerman08
9/13/2009, 11:49 AM
I'm still concerned that Arizona State held them to less total yardage, even with their backups in the game. :(

The Arizona State D gave up 3 points. Be happy.

Boomer38Sooner
9/13/2009, 11:59 AM
^ and plus teams get better from week 1 to week 2

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 12:00 PM
Any time you hold a team to negative rushing yards, I think one 1st down, and shut them out, I don't care who you are playing, that's impressive. Throw a safety on top of that, and you have a great D performance. Now, do that to the Golden Hurricane, and I will be uber-impressed!

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 12:17 PM
The 4th and goal was in the South EZ where I sit. Quite a few of us gave each other the look after that. It was more than just the lines fault too.

Brown looked like he just doesn't have the "I'm gonna punish you for trying to stop me!" attitude. And Landry is 0-2 on QB Sneaks. Frustrating.

adoniijahsooner
9/13/2009, 12:32 PM
The defense has been impressive IMO for 2 straight weeks. Holding BYU to 14 points was an accomplishment, and there is no way to play any better than we did last night; it drives me crazy when people compare scores from other peoples games.

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2009, 12:34 PM
Hurst is gonna be a superstar.

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 12:40 PM
^^^Agreed, so is Marcus "Saint" Trice! Remember these names. When Jackson and Franks leave, these will be the guys to fill those slots.

adoniijahsooner
9/13/2009, 12:52 PM
^^^Agreed, so is Marcus "Saint" Trice! Remember these names. When Jackson and Franks leave, these will be the guys to fill those slots.

The only thing that bothers me about him is that he came from a school with a mascot named Skeeters; something very wrong with that name.;)

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 01:02 PM
^^^^Marcus isn't a big guy, so it might be fitting. FEAR THE SKEETER!!

adoniijahsooner
9/13/2009, 01:04 PM
^^^^Marcus isn't a big guy, so it might be fitting. FEAR THE SKEETER!!

LOL!!! You dont know what you are saying do you? We all have need to fear the Skeeter.

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 01:05 PM
OOPS!! My bad! Saint Trice is better!