PDA

View Full Version : BYU is Legit!!!

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2009, 05:53 PM
I watched the replay of our game about 6 times; but I wasnt quite sure until I saw them play today. That team is disciplined, experienced and tough, and it will be a chore for any team to beat them unless they come to play for 60 minutes; they are patient on offense and on defense they dont make mistakes. We lost to a great team last week!!

bringit
9/12/2009, 06:03 PM
I'm holding off calling them "great" just yet.

Asparagus
9/12/2009, 06:18 PM
I'm holding off calling them "great" just yet.

I agree - much as I'd like to proclaim BYU's greatness, I think we'll have to see a few more games. Next week's game against Florida State should tell us a lot.

BYU does look pretty good all around, though (with the glaring exception of the kicking game - today there were two kickoffs out of bounds and a missed PAT).

spacecadet
9/12/2009, 07:48 PM
well they are pretty good. has anyone seen how teams are struggling.

Alabama is struggling with floida int or atlantic.

OUAlumni1990
9/12/2009, 07:49 PM
they are a very good team, maybe not great but very good. They are last years Utah and 2006 Boise St.

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2009, 08:00 PM
What was the final on that?

JLEW1818
9/12/2009, 08:01 PM
they get Utah and TCU at home i think... i picked them to win it, in my picks

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2009, 08:03 PM
Final...anyone?

spacecadet
9/12/2009, 08:04 PM
56-3 i believe

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks! spek!

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2009, 08:06 PM
TU crushed them last week though...the real test'll be next week.

IronHorseSooner
9/12/2009, 08:09 PM
TU crushed them last week though...the real test'll be next week.

Heh, maybe not!

Eielson
9/12/2009, 08:56 PM
If BYU wins out they deserve BCS. Just because they beat us by 1 point with the best quarterback and tight end in the county on the sidelines does not lead me to believe they will win out.

the_edge
9/12/2009, 10:45 PM
I'd like to think that, but Tulane sucks balls.

PhiDeltBeers
9/12/2009, 10:53 PM
I'll be a believer if they beat FSU. Quite frankly, I don't think they looked that great against us. We were just that bad. We beat ourself with penalties and coaching. Much improved in both aspects tonight. Wish we could've played Id St. first.

rainiersooner
9/12/2009, 11:10 PM
If they beat FSU, who snuck by Jacksonville St today, they could run the table. That would be interesting.

sooner59
9/12/2009, 11:12 PM
If they beat FSU, who snuck by Jacksonville St today, they could run the table. That would be interesting.

There is a better chance of TCU or UTAH (rival) beating BYU than FSU. Bowden's bunch is terrible. I hope that shows in Miami's next few games.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/12/2009, 11:16 PM
Tulane is terrible! Tulsa hammered them....Lets just say BYU is better than OU.

rainiersooner
9/12/2009, 11:18 PM
There is a better chance of TCU or UTAH (rival) beating BYU than FSU. Bowden's bunch is terrible. I hope that shows in Miami's next few games.

Fair enough. I'd say a toss up when TCU Utah and BYU play each other. I'm hoping the former.

adoniijahsooner
9/12/2009, 11:23 PM
Tulane is terrible! Tulsa hammered them....Lets just say BYU is better than OU.

Tulsa Beat them 37-13, and it was 23-10 after 3 quarters, not the same *** whoopin

VA Sooner
9/12/2009, 11:52 PM
This will be like 2005 when TCU came to Norman and beat us on our own field. Thought we were doomed but the season turned out OK (until bowl game) and TCU ended up finishing pretty high that year if I remember correctly.

sooner59
9/13/2009, 12:01 AM
This will be like 2005 when TCU came to Norman and beat us on our own field. Thought we were doomed but the season turned out OK (until bowl game) and TCU ended up finishing pretty high that year if I remember correctly.

Ummm.....in 2005 we ended up beating a #5 Oregon team in the Holiday Bowl.

soonerpike697
9/13/2009, 12:04 AM
They certainly look it so far.

okiewaker
9/13/2009, 12:17 AM
I think they win out. I first thought Fla st will give them trouble, not anymore. Maybe col st will give them a test.

Asparagus
9/13/2009, 02:23 AM
Before tonight I thought Utah might give BYU some trouble, but Utah looked awful (even though they won). The same could be said for Florida State. It's looking like TCU may be the only team to really challenge BYU for the rest of the season.

SoonerCoug
9/13/2009, 10:30 AM
Before tonight I thought Utah might give BYU some trouble, but Utah looked awful (even though they won). The same could be said for Florida State. It's looking like TCU may be the only team to really challenge BYU for the rest of the season.

You never know. The Mountain West is pretty tough, and there may be some surprises. Utah did struggle with SJSU, but Utah is breaking in a new QB, and they may be improved by the time they play BYU. TCU specifically targets and prepares for BYU all year.

Colorado State beat a horrible Colorado team and then they struggled with Weber State.

Tulane may not be a quality opponent, but BYU did not punt once. I agree that Florida State won't be a problem for BYU.

StoopTroup
9/13/2009, 10:36 AM
If you didn't know that bYu wasn't a good team after watching their performance against us...then you probably are out of practice watching NCAA Football.

I suggest that some of you tune to ESPN Classic for tune ups of your football watching skills. If you have some old OU reels of past Switzer and Stoops games...you can break those down for practice during the week.

By next week...I wanna see some of you back in top form again.

Practice People! Run some stadium bleachers!

;)

PLaw
9/13/2009, 10:54 AM
I watched the replay of our game about 6 times; but I wasnt quite sure until I saw them play today. That team is disciplined, experienced and tough, and it will be a chore for any team to beat them unless they come to play for 60 minutes; they are patient on offense and on defense they dont make mistakes. We lost to a great team last week!!

Can't give 'em that much love. They are good team that would get pasted by a great team. It took all they had to squeek out a 1 pt victory over a team that thought they were entitled, an OC with his head up his ***, and two first rounders on the O down.

They will be challenged in their conference by TCU. I would love another shot at either one - wherever, whenever.

BOOMER

JLEW1818
9/13/2009, 10:56 AM
You never know. The Mountain West is pretty tough, and there may be some surprises. UNLV just beat Oregon State. Utah did struggle with SJSU, but Utah is breaking in a new QB, and they may be improved by the time they play BYU. TCU specifically targets and prepares for BYU all year.

Colorado State beat a horrible Colorado team and then they struggled with Weber State.

Tulane may not be a quality opponent, but BYU did not punt once. I agree that Florida State won't be a problem for BYU.

Oregon St won, but didn't cover.. me lost money :mad: :mad:

sooner ngintunr
9/13/2009, 10:56 AM
Boise is in the WAC. BYU doesn't play them.

SoonerCoug
9/13/2009, 10:58 AM
Oregon St won, but didn't cover.. me lost money :mad: :mad:

You're right. I thought it was over and went to bed--didn't see the last minute field goal.

JLEW1818
9/13/2009, 10:59 AM
UNLV backup qb looked good to me

OPSEC
9/13/2009, 03:36 PM
I am telling you. Posted this else where...this lost will do nothing but good for us in the long run and its gonna **** off some other people w/ 1 loss and we keep inching up and up in the rankings. If we handle our biz this loss will do us wonders.

Sooner70
9/13/2009, 07:26 PM
We'll know more after Utah & TCU, but I've got a feeling BYU is a solid Top 10 team, maybe even Top 6 or so ...guess we'll see.