PDA

View Full Version : If you're watching the game at Coach's...

GottaHavePride
9/12/2009, 02:02 PM
Tip the waitresses. I have friends working today. :mad:

Sirus
9/12/2009, 02:04 PM
Why so mad?

yermom
9/12/2009, 02:15 PM
I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

okiewaker
9/12/2009, 02:18 PM
I always tip, even sonic girls.

Jack T.
9/12/2009, 02:42 PM
I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.

Hey, our girl was nice.

SWFloridaSooner
9/12/2009, 02:51 PM
Problem is, they are probably making $3 or $4 an hour. They are hired to work mostly for the tips, so basically that is what they get paid for doing their job. I personally don't like it either because what it boils down to is that restaurant owners get cheap labor but the poor servers aren't guaranteed much money. I always tip 20% because a lot of servers are kids trying to get through college. I don't like it, but I do it. I think if we have a minimum wage every business should have to pay that wage. There are places that I know of where they pay $2.75 an hour "plus tips". I made that much 30 years ago. Just my opinion of course.

yermom
9/12/2009, 03:15 PM
I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's ****ed up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government ****s in the *** on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bull**** I got two words for that: learn to ****in' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big ****in' surprise.

spacecadet
9/12/2009, 03:24 PM
Yep, they get a tip if they derserve not. not cuz somebody asks me too.

proud gonzo
9/12/2009, 03:33 PM
translation: GHP knows a hot chick who's working today, so if you don't tip her well he's gonna punchasize you.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2009, 03:35 PM
GHP knows hot chicks is the only real bombshell I see in this thread ;)

And also

This thread is worthless without pics ;)

sooner94
9/12/2009, 05:05 PM

One of my all-time fave lines from a movie.

SoonerLB
9/12/2009, 05:38 PM
Tip? Seabiscuit in the 5th at Belmont! That's all I got today ............ :D

GottaHavePride
9/12/2009, 11:25 PM
translation: GHP knows a hot chick who's working today, so if you don't tip her well he's gonna punchasize you.

Bingo. ;)

She said it was completely dead - Coach's didn't even shell out for the PPV. :mad:

proud gonzo
9/13/2009, 02:42 AM
good thing I didn't go over there to watch the game!

Bosley
9/13/2009, 08:34 AM
As someone that worked through college as a bartender and server it's pretty important to tip well to those that are working. That's their lively hood. 15-20% is pretty standard but I routinely tip more than that if they're good.