PDA

View Full Version : OU Games on Sirius

OUTromBoNado
9/12/2009, 01:51 PM
Does anyone here listen to the broadcast on Sirius? I'm basically looking for reviews. I'm wanting to get satellite radio for some of the other stations, too...but OU games are part of my justification.

ouduckhunter
9/12/2009, 01:54 PM
We do! We get really tired of listening to the guys on TV calling the games, so we mute the TV and listen to Sirius instead. We also go to some of the Oregon State football games and always take it along to listen to OU games and other big games going on across the country. It comes in really handy!

batonrougesooner
9/12/2009, 02:00 PM
Most of the time it is the OU feed with Bob Barry.

pac10SUX
9/12/2009, 02:01 PM
There is a delay between the Sirius & TV broadcast (about 5 to 10 secoonds). If you have a DVR, you can sync it up nicely.

This is our 3rd year with doing this & we love it.

Sirus
9/12/2009, 02:03 PM
I have Sirius and since they merged with Xm they have found a way to split the programming so that you have to buy both packages to get most games. I knew the merger was a bad thing for the consumers, but that's capitalism.

sooneron
9/12/2009, 02:08 PM
Most of the time it is the OU feed with Bob Barry.

OUT

OUTromBoNado
9/12/2009, 04:37 PM
I have Sirius and since they merged with Xm they have found a way to split the programming so that you have to buy both packages to get most games. I knew the merger was a bad thing for the consumers, but that's capitalism.

So, am I going to be okay with the "Sirius Everything & Best of XM" package, or am I going to have to get the combined package? There's a good deal going on for the Stardock 5 right now. TSS-Radio.com has it and the home kit for $90 after rebate. If I have to get the combined package and the Mirage radio, I'm not doing it.

delhalew
9/12/2009, 04:47 PM
Sirius offers two feeds for each game one for each team and sometimes a third neutral feed.

When was over the road, Sirius is how I survived. I listened to games and watched on DVR when I got home.

bluedogok
9/12/2009, 06:45 PM
Some teams like OSU and Texas moved to XM a couple of years before the merger, they offer both if they have contracts with the teams, this game only has the OU feed. For the NFL they offer both feeds of all games except the Titans who had a separate agreement before the Sirius contract. On Sunday and Monday nights they will have both teams and the Westwood One feed.

If you have the Sirius only package you will get all the OU football and basketball games, the Best of XM package gets you the other games. I have it hooked up to the stereo listening to Bob and Merv sync'd with my DVR.