PDA

View Full Version : A 9/11 hero and a Sooner...

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2009, 11:17 PM
Rick Rescorla: The Man who Predicted 9/11, and saved many, many lives.

Known as Rick Rescorla, was a retired United States Army officer of British birth who served with distinction in Rhodesia as a member of the British South African Police (BSAP) and as British soldier and the Vietnam War as an American officer. As the World Trade Center security chief for the financial services firm Morgan Stanley, Rescorla anticipated both attacks on the towers and implemented evacuation procedures that are credited with saving many lives. He died in the attacks of September 11, 2001, while leading the evacuation efforts.

Rick met his first wife Betsy while studying at the University of Oklahoma, where he obtained a bachelors and a masters degree. The two married in Dallas in 1972 and Rick attended the Oklahoma City University School of Law.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rescorla

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/11/2009, 11:50 PM
He was my dad's company commander in Atoka for 3 years several, several years ago in the Oklahoma National Guard. My dad said he was the only man that he was ever afraid of. He also said he never saw him smile in the three years he knew him.

Veritas
9/12/2009, 08:17 AM
Great article on him here:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2002/02/11/020211fa_fact_stewart?currentPage=all

"You see, for Rick Rescorla, this was a natural death. People like Rick, they don’t die old men. They aren’t destined for that and it isn’t right for them to do so. It just isn’t right, by God, for them to become feeble, old, and helpless sons of bitches. There are certain men born in this world, and they’re supposed to die setting an example for the rest of the weak bastards we’re surrounded with."

Harry Beanbag
9/12/2009, 10:04 AM
There was an hour long special on the History Channel last night about him. I knew about most of it already, but he was a great and noble man. Too few like him around.

StoopTroup
9/12/2009, 11:02 AM
Laying down your life for others. There is nothing to compare an act like that to.

Hero.

Wonder what he was thinking that day though. ;)

Rick met his first wife Betsy while studying at the University of Oklahoma, where he obtained a bachelors and a masters degree. The two married in Dallas in 1972 and Rick attended the Oklahoma City University School of Law.

Always avoid texas when gettin' hitched.

delhalew
9/12/2009, 11:24 AM
Great article on him here:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2002/02/11/020211fa_fact_stewart?currentPage=all

"You see, for Rick Rescorla, this was a natural death. People like Rick, they don’t die old men. They aren’t destined for that and it isn’t right for them to do so. It just isn’t right, by God, for them to become feeble, old, and helpless sons of bitches. There are certain men born in this world, and they’re supposed to die setting an example for the rest of the weak bastards we’re surrounded with."

That's one hell of a quote.

Veritas
9/12/2009, 07:30 PM
That's one hell of a quote.
Yes, it is. I think it belongs in my sig. :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2009, 10:58 PM
Truthers feel free to join in this thread, haha.