PDA

View Full Version : Keith Jackson To Sign Autographs At Special Norman Event

Jay C. Upchurch
9/11/2009, 10:43 PM
Sooner Spectator, along with Sooner Legends Inn & Suites, is proud to announce a special "Evening With Keith Jackson" event, set for Friday, Sept. 18, at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites in Norman.

More specific details will be in place by the end of the weekend, but the tentative schedule will have the legendary OU tight end appearing from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the hotel's main ballroom.

Mr. Jackson, the radio voice of the Arkansas Razorbacks, rarely makes public autograph appearances, so this is a very special occasion and a chance for OU fans to show their appreciation to one of the most popular Sooners ever -- key figure on the 1985 national championship team and member of Green Bay's winning Super Bowl team in 1997.

Stay tuned for more information. We will have the entire event nailed down by Monday morning... including prices and autograph details.

SoonerJack
9/12/2009, 08:31 AM
man this guy was one of my favorites. Never for the tight-end reverse he pulled on Nebraska in 85

Jay C. Upchurch
9/14/2009, 08:02 AM
We will have full details a bit later today.... don't miss your chance to meet OU legend Keith Jackson!!!!

StoopTroup
9/14/2009, 08:21 AM
WOAH NELLIE ! ! ! ;)

http://images.chron.com/blogs/longhorns/JAckson.jpg

Jay C. Upchurch
9/14/2009, 11:57 AM
Sooner Spectator magazine, along with Sooner Legends Inn & Suites, is proud to host a special "Evening With Keith Jackson," set for this Friday, Sept. 18. The event with Mr. Jackson will take place at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites, located just off of I-35 on Lindsey Street in Norman.

The fun is from 7-9 p.m. and will give Sooner fans a chance to meet one of the greatest players in OU history.

Cost is $30 per person with advance reservations ($35 at the door) and includes a ticket to the event, appetizers/hors d'oeuvres and two personal autographs -- one special commemorative poster and one other item. Get your picture taken with the former All-American who helped lead the Sooners to the 1985 national championship, and who later was a key figure in Green Bay's Super Bowl XXXI victory in 1997.

It promises to be an evening to remember, as Keith rarely makes autograph appearances and doesn't get the chance to come back to Norman all that often. We are hoping to have a few special guest appearances, as well, and of course, there is always great fun to be had at Sooner Legends Inn & Suites before and after the event.

Sooner Spectator will also be offering discount subscriptions, as well as, deals on our special autographed issues, including our commemorative Heisman issue.

For reservations, call Sooner Legends at (405) 701-8100... We look forward to seeing you there!

soonerloyal
9/14/2009, 09:22 PM
I sooooo want to give my youngest this opportunity. He's in Norman and I'm not.

So, do I contact/pay Sooner Legends?

Lori/soonerloyal

soonerboy_odanorth
9/14/2009, 11:16 PM
'bout time Stoopsie dialed up a replacement for Gresham. :D

shheeeee-oooot... can you imagine what 88 would have done in this offense?

Jay C. Upchurch
9/15/2009, 12:15 AM
Yes, call Sooner Legends at 405-701-8100

nativesooner
9/16/2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Jay, having anyone at Campus Corner this weekend? Will I get a discount on the dinner if I bring you something from Snoopy's? lol!

Jay C. Upchurch
9/16/2009, 11:52 PM
We will have J.D. Runnels, 2005 All-Big 12 Fullback, at our tent on Campus Corner from 11:30 to 1:30 this Saturday before the OU-Tulsa game....

Jay C. Upchurch
9/18/2009, 02:07 PM
Tickets still available for the Keith Jackson event tonight in Norman.... come out and show some love for one of OU's greatest players.... call 405-701-8100 for reservations...

badger
9/18/2009, 02:19 PM
I am so sorry Keith Jackson - I really, really want to meet you but I will be unable to make a Friday night event. PLEASE come back to Norman again! I am the biggest Packer/Sooner fan around (with apologies to Dean).

Jay -thank you for making this event! I really, REALLY want to go :(