PDA

View Full Version : Jameel Owens transfer rumors

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2009, 06:49 AM
Saw it on two exclusive OU sites, but couldnt read the threads. Considering that the majority of the rumors have been true, I thought I would ask what it is going on?

stoopified
9/11/2009, 08:42 AM
He can man up and earn his way onto the field or he can leave.Either way OU will go on.

batonrougesooner
9/11/2009, 08:43 AM
agreed

Desert Sapper
9/11/2009, 08:48 AM
I would love to see him on the field. Maybe he'll get PT against Idaho State? I know DeJuan Miller did against BYU and had a catch.

DakotaSooner
9/11/2009, 08:49 AM
Well somebody for the recievers needs to step up.....

Sooner FLiP
9/11/2009, 09:54 AM
from what ive read its purely rumor.

OKC-SLC
9/11/2009, 10:48 AM
If he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here.

That said, I hope he wants to be here and catch a lot of passes and stuff.

JLEW1818
9/11/2009, 10:52 AM
CK, is in school right now... probably get punked at the lunch table

A-M
9/11/2009, 11:03 AM
CK, is in school right now... probably get punked at the lunch table

Glad to hear that our young man CK is trying to improve his lot in life. Is that HS or College? Can't tell by his age.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/11/2009, 11:07 AM
DUI school..he is the valedictorian

JLEW1818
9/11/2009, 11:08 AM
lol, CK is a damn gigolo

CK Sooner
9/11/2009, 11:55 AM
Just checked all the sites and there is nothing on it. I wouldn't be surprised if he did though because he won't get a lot of playing time this year. If he transfers he wont do it until the season is over.

CK Sooner
9/11/2009, 12:06 PM
Carey Murdock said Jameel Owens will NOT suit up for Idaho State. Take that for what its worth.

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2009, 01:04 PM
Carey Murdock said Jameel Owens will NOT suit up for Idaho State. Take that for what its worth.

that doesnt sound good...

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/11/2009, 01:06 PM
Well, he's not in the best of shape compared to his fellow WR and I heard he doesn't like to practice.

Pigface1
9/11/2009, 01:19 PM
I heard he doesn't like to practice.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/football/jets/blog/iverson.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
9/11/2009, 01:25 PM
put me in the boat with the people that could not care less what he does....

Toronto Sooner
9/11/2009, 02:41 PM
Well, he's not in the best of shape compared to his fellow WR and I heard he doesn't like to practice.

"not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking 'bout practice"

Check this music video out (for those who haven't seen it as yet). It's amazing. I never get tired of watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I&feature=related

TXBOOMER
9/11/2009, 03:45 PM
We might have a big recruiting class next year.

Rhino
9/11/2009, 03:56 PM
Owens isn't dressing this week. He talked with the coaches a few days ago about possibly transferring; they want him to really think about it first. He's unhappy with lack of playing time.

CK Sooner
9/11/2009, 03:56 PM
We might have a big recruiting class next year.

Might lose one or two big ones if we lose a couple more games.

PhiDeltBeers
9/11/2009, 04:41 PM

The way we looked last week, it's bound to be more than a couple of games. Man, last year we came out of the gates on a freakin mission. This year....not so much.

PhiDeltBeers
9/11/2009, 04:43 PM
If owens isn't good enough to play with our current WR's, he must be horrible!

:D

:pop:

OUbasketball4life
9/11/2009, 04:59 PM
Not horrible, he just doesn't take practice seriously and doesn't go hard unless it's a game. Can't do that at this level

the_ouskull
9/11/2009, 05:38 PM
Sure you can, but you sure as H*ll can't cry when you get sat.

the_ouskull

TXBOOMER
9/11/2009, 06:11 PM

You're right about that. The U and texass games are going to have a big impact on recruiting IMO.

OK2U
9/11/2009, 06:18 PM
gross,
Did y'all hear that?

It was the sound of Lane Kiffin licking his chops...
(UT recruited him pretty hard out of HS)

adoniijahsooner
9/11/2009, 08:26 PM

Who?

kelloggOUballa
9/11/2009, 08:42 PM
Recruits aren't going to de-commit just because of a loss or two....they visit the campus, get to know the coaches and when they commit, they are ready to come in and contribute. Other factors contribute to recruits changing their minds.

achiro
9/11/2009, 10:13 PM
This kid is really lame if he is already looking to get out. RS freshman right? SO he's whining that he isn't getting enough time after just one game? and isn't dressing for a game that we may have enough points to put him in and see what he can do? Makes sense to me.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/11/2009, 10:15 PM
If he leaves now there will be semi-pro calling his name. If he sticks it out he could be a starter next year or the following. It comes down to one thing I bet.... LAZY He needs a Mike Irvin page on practice.

CK Sooner
9/13/2009, 11:24 AM
Are not true according to his family. He missed a practice, so I guys the coaches didn't play him because of that.

"Sophomore receiver Jameel Owens did not dress for the game. Owens had missed practice earlier in the week. Rumors of his transfer leaked earlier in the week, but Owens’ family said on Friday he has no plans to do so. Owens was still on the team as of Saturday."

IronHorseSooner
9/13/2009, 11:31 AM
Maybe with the WR problems, he now has an opening to prove what he can do. I still think that he, Miller, and Broyles are the future of the receiving corps. Miller will be the MK-type, Owens the Iggy-type, and Broyles the Manny/Mark Clayton-type.

tulsaoilerfan
9/13/2009, 11:34 AM
Hope the kid can get it together; seems like we are still neededing 2 more receivers to step it up a couple of notches

adoniijahsooner
9/13/2009, 12:20 PM
If I were Darius White and Stills, I would be chomping at the bit to attend OU next fall.

Seamus
9/13/2009, 12:31 PM
Both of those guys would start as true fish based on what I've seen so far.

Toronto Sooner
9/13/2009, 01:48 PM
Hope the kid can get it together; seems like we are still neededing 2 more receivers to step it up a couple of notches

Look how Broyles started, with his off field incident and all. He is a great turn around story. Obviously Broyles' situation (stealing gas) was much more serious than whatever motivational challenges Jameel is going through right now, and Broyles still came back strong. Sorry to sound harsh, but given OU's predicament at the receiver, (with all of the immense talent Jameel appears to have, and apparently believes he has) if he doesn't do the work that is necessary to step up and cease the opportunity then he is an idiot (IMO). The only type of players we want are people that leave it all on the field at both practice and on game day (i.e. GK). OU is the greatest college football program in history (in many statistical categories) for a reason. There is a certain pride and work ethic that must be displayed in order to wear the OU uniform. Anyone that cannot demonstrate this should re-evaluate their situation and find another program that better matches their.....

I hope Jameel's idle is not Allen Iverson: "we sittin' here, I 'pose to be franchise playa, we in hay talkin' 'bout practice."

Funky G
9/13/2009, 02:58 PM
Keep your head down, work hard, and expect good things to happen..

Desert Sapper
9/13/2009, 03:13 PM
If I were Darius White and Stills, I would be chomping at the bit to attend OU next fall.

Yeah, Prater, too. He's a soft verbal with USC. Show me some receivers out there that will fight for the ball, and I will show you a team with a very bright future.

Toronto Sooner
9/14/2009, 11:00 AM

They can't get here soon enough. Hopefully Prater notices our desperate situation at the receiver position, and changes his commitment over to OU. Hopefully Landry's encouraging performance will allow potential receivers to visualize continuing success at our QB position after Sam Bradford. This is perhaps another small benefit from Landry getting some early playing time.

Speaking of Landry, he needs to urgently make improvements in going through his progressions, even if most of our receivers are severely under performing right now. More talented teams will have no problems (game planning and succeeding in) shutting down Broyles if he is the only performing receiver (even as good a Broyles is). It's a challenge right now because other guys are not stepping up, either at receiver or TE.

Although, there was that one play where Landry tried to hit Clapp near the goal line (he was clearly covered). In this case Brody (TE) was open in the end zone for a touchdown. If Landry had gone through his progressions then it would have been an easy touchdown to the TE. We were lucky the pass didn't go for an interception and a touchdown the other way. More talented teams will eat us alive if we don't get this sorted out quickly.

I think Landry has demonstrated that he is smart enough (and good enough) to improve his game. You can even see drastic improvements between the BYU game and the Idaho St game. He was nervous vs BYU but calm vs Idaho St. He threw short passes vs BYU but went deep vs Idaho St. Those are just 2 examples of him being more comfortable (and coach Wilson being more comfortable with him, thus opening up the play book).

I fully expect to see him make improvements with his progressions during the Tulsa game. The only question is, will the other receivers and the other TEs finally begin to step up also. White, Stills, Prater, where are you guys????

CK Sooner
9/14/2009, 04:57 PM
Apparently Jameels family came down and they decided that he should stay on the team and make a difference. He is currently only on the scout team and will have to work his way back on the team with his attitude and work ethic.

tulsaoilerfan
9/14/2009, 05:01 PM
Good for him; it's too easy to quit something but much harder to work through the trying times; hope he makes it work

Toronto Sooner
9/14/2009, 06:23 PM
I hope he makes it work also. I recognize my comments (relating to Jameel) in these posts have been harsh. He just appears to be wasting all his God given abilities. Also, he is letting his teammates down when they need him the most. His family appears to be a lot more sensible. It's good to hear that Jameel has people in his life that care about him, but that can also kick some sense into him when required. Step it up Jameel!!! You can do it. Your team needs you. Sooner fans are counting on you. Don't let us down. More importantly, don't let yourself down.

Crucifax Autumn
9/14/2009, 09:17 PM
Maybe his family can talk to a few of the other guys that don't seem to be working hard enough. He's not the only one.

OKC-SLC
9/14/2009, 09:43 PM
Can Jameel's family drive back an undersized DI-AA line in a 1st and goal situation?

madillsoonerfan5353
9/14/2009, 10:06 PM
Can Jameel's family drive back an undersized DI-AA line in a 1st and goal situation?

^^This!!!;)

Toronto Sooner
9/14/2009, 10:37 PM
This team needs a full-time momma to do some butt kicking. Certainly, Bob and his highly paid coaches' motivational skills are not working with some of the units on the team (i.e. Receivers, TEs, O-line), at least not so far this year. Joe C needs to hurry up and hire Debra Owens, Jameel's momma, as Assistant Coach, Butt Kicking - got her name from Oklahoma's website.

Joe C better not hire (former Okie St) Bobby Reid's mom though. Jenni Carlson might think she is too soft. Bob Stoops would then have to step in and talk some smack to Jenni. Bob Stoops will just end up yelling: "I'm a man, I'm 49."