PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Stoops,

Sirus
9/11/2009, 02:14 AM
I will be in attendance this Saturday. I would like to offer my services to you and your staff at no charge. I am an expert "Play Clock Watcher". Since I am not officially employed to call a timeout, I will tap you when the clock gets within 5 seconds of expiring. If we all do our part, we can win.

BASSooner
9/11/2009, 03:24 AM
I'll write you a letter of recommendation :D

beer4me
9/11/2009, 05:31 AM
I will be in attendance this Saturday. I would like to offer my services to you and your staff at no charge. I am an expert "Play Clock Watcher". Since I am not officially employed to call a timeout, I will tap you when the clock gets within 5 seconds of expiring. If we all do our part, we can win.

lol

SoonerPr8r
9/11/2009, 07:24 AM
I would like to submit my application as backup Play Clock Watcher (a grueling task) in the event the starter goes down to injury. I am currently an apprentice PCW and feel I could learn a lot from the expert in a big way.

RedstickSooner
9/11/2009, 07:31 AM
I would like to propose that we consider an alternate form of execution for the play clock watcher. Specifically, I propose that when the aforementioned play clock watcher detects that the coaching staff has ignored the play clock watcher's warning about the play clock, the *assistant* play clock watcher then shoot said coaches in the butt with a bb gun.

Given time, I believe this negative reinforcement method will have a highly positive effect on play clock monitoring for the coaching staff.

SoonerPr8r
9/11/2009, 07:40 AM
I would like to propose that we consider an alternate form of execution for the play clock watcher. Specifically, I propose that when the aforementioned play clock watcher detects that the coaching staff has ignored the play clock watcher's warning about the play clock, the *assistant* play clock watcher then shoot said coaches in the butt with a bb gun.

Given time, I believe this negative reinforcement method will have a highly positive effect on play clock monitoring for the coaching staff.

This may be too effective and result in the unemployment of play clock watchers nation wide after a few weeks. And in this economy.....

NOVSooner
9/11/2009, 08:05 AM
ROFLOL!!!

stoopified
9/11/2009, 08:24 AM
Coach I volunteer to be the Official Clock Operator.I PROMISE OU will NEVER again be guilty of any timimng prnalty as long as I am on duty.

beer4me
9/11/2009, 08:30 AM
I would like to submit my application as backup Play Clock Watcher (a grueling task) in the event the starter goes down to injury. I am currently an apprentice PCW and feel I could learn a lot from the expert in a big way.

Acutally Bob said Sirus did have a minor injury in practice yesterday but it was only a minor rotator cuff thingy.

He is in NRH in ICU :P :D

So you might need to suit up ;)

Soonersince57
9/11/2009, 09:13 AM
I will volunteer as well; however, I will need several assistants. I'm thinking the Pom girls would be good at assisting my efforts.

OUmillenium
9/11/2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah, timimng penalties are tough to overcome. Did I just cuss?

SoonerPr8r
9/11/2009, 09:54 AM
I'm ready coach! Put me in!

soonermix
9/11/2009, 11:05 AM
as any good team, you are only as good as you practice. therefore for our first string and back up clock watchers i will volunteer my services as the practice squad clock watching team.
and as a weird coincedence would have it practice is exactly 5 minutes before the games start on the sideline. and for emergency purposes i will be required to stay on the sideline throughout the entirety of the game.

A-M
9/11/2009, 11:12 AM
You guys are soooo good!! I do enjoy the laughs you give me!! After second thought, you do have a good point. Just a week too late.

SoonerLB
9/11/2009, 12:17 PM
Dear Coach Stoops, seeing as how all the "Play Clock Watcher" positions seem to be filled, I would like to apply for the other position, "Play Call Motivator". Although I do not currently own a cattle prod, I will be more than happy to acquire one and take up the position directly behind Coach Wilson. Plays will be called in a timely manner, I promise! :)

HolaKyle
9/11/2009, 12:23 PM
Can I volunteer for the job of telling the offensive line when it is okay to move? They can't move until my signal!

Leroy Lizard
9/11/2009, 12:35 PM
And I volunteer to second-guess the actions of the clockwatcher... if we lose.

Of course, this is not a paid position.

SouthFortySooner
9/11/2009, 02:42 PM
Apparently 60K fans getting louder and louder isn't enough. :)

Texas Golfer
9/11/2009, 03:05 PM
Dear Coach Stoops, seeing as how all the "Play Clock Watcher" positions seem to be filled, I would like to apply for the other position, "Play Call Motivator". Although I do not currently own a cattle prod, I will be more than happy to acquire one and take up the position directly behind Coach Wilson. Plays will be called in a timely manner, I promise! :)

Since all of the Play Clock Watch positions are taken, I'd like to apply for Assistant Play Call Monitor.

goingoneight
9/11/2009, 03:13 PM
Dear Myles Brand,

Can I have your job?

beer4me
9/11/2009, 03:18 PM
This thread is destined for greatness :D :D

PhiDeltBeers
9/11/2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I'm upset about the Play Clock postion being filled. Therefore, I'd like to apply for the position of LEADER. I don't believe this position has been filled yet. Heck, I wouldn't mind having some competition for first string LEADER. A few back ups would be nice...ya know, in case of injury.

Jboozer
9/11/2009, 05:04 PM
I love all the enthusiasm! We need these positions, I firmly believe that it will reap benefits in the long term. As for myself, I'd like to manage the clockwatchers. Its a grueling position, and I think we would need a coach to manage their substitutions, and to make sure they are performing at their best.

sooner94
9/11/2009, 05:12 PM
ROFL!

I love to see the depth we have at the Play Clock Watcher position. In the event of injuries or last minute changes to the depth chart, we won't have to move someone from a completely different position.

bent rider
9/11/2009, 05:19 PM
Acutally Bob said Sirus did have a minor injury in practice yesterday but it was only a minor rotator cuff thingy.

Not a broken middle finger?
"We just tape those things up"

Instead of getting all fancy with the audibles and crap they should just call the dang play in the huddle and let the OL tee-it-up in proper rhythm and pancake the fat hippos on the other side of the line. I think that would have worked better against byu; I'm sure it will work against Spud State.

colinreturn
9/11/2009, 08:37 PM
Apparently 60K fans getting louder and louder isn't enough. :)

i thought he could hear me yelling from the upper deck "THE FU**ING CLOCK. TIMEOUT."

SOONER44EVER
9/11/2009, 10:11 PM

Dude, don't you know the backup Play Clock Watcher never gets any watching time under Stoops? If we're up 63-0 you may get some watching time on the final 3 or 4 plays. Good luck!

PhiDeltBeers
9/11/2009, 10:20 PM
This is the greatest post this week! A little humor is good for our frustrations. Spek to the OP!!!!

A-M
9/12/2009, 08:45 AM
I would like to apply for the unpaid position of the PLAY CLOCK WATCHER TEAM MOM. I would have to make sure that all team members were dressed appropriately and of course be on the sidelines to serve up some hearty soup to the team members if they felt faint from all their hard work.

Sirus
9/12/2009, 12:20 PM
Thanx for all the good laughs. Seriously, let's just stick to the basics today and we will be o.k.:)

tulsaoilerfan
9/12/2009, 12:56 PM
Thanx for all the good laughs. Seriously, let's just stick to the basics today and we will be o.k.:)

God i would hope so :D

A-M
9/12/2009, 01:19 PM

Be nice if we were more then just O.K.!:P

Soonerfan88
9/12/2009, 11:26 PM
I would just like to congratulate Sirus on a spectacular job tonight. It was close, but he did get the TO called just in time.

:clap

Edit: darn, no clapping icon. Have some popcorn instead. :pop: