PDA

View Full Version : So are the Sooners ditching the no huddle?

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/10/2009, 06:16 PM
I heard Kevin Wilson was actually doing some huddling in practice. Seems like a good idea to me. It gives the strength of our team (defense) a chance to rest and allows for more long drives keeping high powered offenses off the field.

30+ NFL teams can't be wrong using the same formula can they?

Fraggle145
9/10/2009, 06:24 PM
I think its that he knows that if we are going to beat Miami, our boys are going to need a breather. We are going to have to ddrag that game out and win 17-14 IMHO.

stoopified
9/10/2009, 06:58 PM
I think ir is a back to basics thing BUT I doubt the np-huddle is being completely abandoned.

Theskipster
9/10/2009, 07:00 PM
We either need to go hurry up or go ahead and huddle. The meerkat offense sucks.

sooner ngintunr
9/10/2009, 07:08 PM
If youre going 3-0/4-0 70% of the time with the no huddle,cough, against BYU, cough, its not helping on either side of the ball.

Its actually hurting.

Oh yeah, and its not hurry up when you change the play @ the line of scrimmage, ie the meerkat offense.

BoulderSooner79
9/10/2009, 08:01 PM
I would like to see a mixture of no-huddle and huddle. I don't see why it has to be all or nothing. The big advantage last year of preventing the defense from substituting was due the matchups against DM and Gresham. And of course Sam to run it properly. We are down to just DM and he alternates, so it doesn't seem to be such a win. And with Jones getting his first college start, it just seems safer to make sure things are communicated properly.

Jdog
9/10/2009, 08:13 PM
whats the point of a no huddle if your not fast enough to beat a play clock - even if it starts too fast.

Maybe it will cut down on the penelties.

Since Elderage has a broken finger - maybe he should be moved to right tackle?

Okiemofo
9/10/2009, 09:02 PM
Just dump the meerkat all together... It has already costed us 2 games that I know of and perhaps a third. Either run the real No Huddle or go back to the basic Huddle.

olevetonahill
9/10/2009, 09:05 PM
Next TWO games Yall watch this Team run the Plays to Perfection:cool:

Texas Golfer
9/10/2009, 09:13 PM
I really don't care but call the play and run the play unless the QB calls an audible. There is NO excuse for getting a delay of game with a no-huddle offense, particularly when you're on the one-yard line.

Sirus
9/11/2009, 01:13 AM
Maybe he discovered that that type of offense only works with an o-line that has lots of experience.

sooner59
9/11/2009, 02:13 AM
The no-huddle is great when you do it quickly and catch the defense off-guard.....such as BYU did to us. Otherwise, just huddle up, get it straight, and run the play. It gives as much of an advantage to the offense as it does the defense. I never ran no huddle when I played football and we still won plenty of games.

okiecitysooner
9/11/2009, 03:14 AM
I rue the day we started the "no huddle." It isn't even a true no huddle....not when Sam and now, probably Landry, will stare at the sidelines for 30 sec. before they start the play....and in the process overlook the fact that the clock is ticking.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/11/2009, 12:12 PM
I rue the day we started the "no huddle." It isn't even a true no huddle....not when Sam and now, probably Landry, will stare at the sidelines for 30 sec. before they start the play....and in the process overlook the fact that the clock is ticking.

If they don't huddle, then it is a true no huddle, it doesn't matter how long it takes to run the play. Now the hurry up...

Pigface1
9/11/2009, 01:13 PM
Might be a good idea to huddle up and discuss the snap count for a little while until the o-line pulls their heads out of their azzes.

Call me crazy.

Half a Hundred
9/11/2009, 01:59 PM

The big problem is that Wilson doesn't let the QB call audibles at the line - he does them personally. That takes time, as the QB has to make sure he's interpreted the call correctly, and reconcile it with what he's seeing on the field.

Wilson's style is great when the defense lines up the "right" way the first time. It's horrible when they're constantly disguising their blitz packages like BYU did - because Wilson gets paranoid and can't just let them play, so clock gets eaten up.

SoonerNate
9/11/2009, 02:01 PM
I heard Kevin Wilson was actually doing some huddling in practice. Seems like a good idea to me. It gives the strength of our team (defense) a chance to rest and allows for more long drives keeping high powered offenses off the field.

30+ NFL teams can't be wrong using the same formula can they?

I agree. Stick with our strengths. No need to run the no huddle with a noobie QB. Let's rest the D as well. I still see us being Miami. Boomer!!!

SoonerInFortSmith
9/11/2009, 04:02 PM
I still see us being Miami.

I still see us winning out and playing for the NC. There's no reason to expect anything less than a one loss season.