PDA

View Full Version : Season in perspective...

Collier11
9/10/2009, 05:31 PM
Looking at the top Ten 15, we still have much of our destiny in our own hands, obviously that is considering that we get things turned around and get SB back.

Without any upsets at all

Florida, Bama, LSu, Ole Miss 2 of those 4 will lose gauranteed and likely 3
Texas and Osu will lose atleast one because of head to head, we play both
Penn St and Ohio st, one of these are gauranteed to lose
Usc and Cal, one of those are gauranteed to lose
USC and Ohio st, one of those are gauranteed to lose

BYU still has to play TCU, Utah, and Florida st. so there is a good chance they lose

Im not going to break down all of the scenarios but you all get the point. As long as we win we are going to move way up. Now we do play some really tough games still so winning is no gaurantee but this 1st loss doesnt end our year guys.

Weve all had the chance to be pissed, pout, cuss, etc...now its time to go out and help this team win some big games

BOOMER!

CtheB
9/10/2009, 05:31 PM
^ Bingo.

Collier11
9/10/2009, 05:32 PM
and remember, traditionally Stoops best coaching jobs have been when we are the underdogs and not as much is expected out of us. I am looking for Stoops to do his best job yet

okiewaker
9/10/2009, 05:36 PM
Agreed. Some of the big boys will fall. It happens every year.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/10/2009, 05:40 PM
Fear the injured dog!

cvsooner
9/10/2009, 06:10 PM
I won't be surprised to see BYU get clobbered by Florida State.

htownsooner7
9/10/2009, 07:36 PM
I agree. Get back to basics, run the ball for 5 yards, be effective with the pass, and continually put pressure on the quarterback. We do all 3 each gm, one week at a time, and things will tak care of themself. TEx is only gm we won't be favored in, even considering the losses sustained.

OUAlumni1990
9/10/2009, 09:04 PM
And our advantage is that our loss was earlier than theirs and non-conference.

beer4me
9/10/2009, 09:53 PM
Oh heck yea we still have at least the B12 CS within our grasp

TXBOOMER
9/10/2009, 10:07 PM
TEx is only gm we won't be favored in, even considering the losses sustained.

I hope we are the dogs at Miami. We need the underdog mentality for that game. We are gonna have to punch them in the mouth a couple of times.

beer4me
9/10/2009, 10:23 PM
I hope we are the dogs at Miami. We need the underdog mentality for that game. We are gonna have to punch them in the mouth a couple of times.

Yep on boad with that

olevetonahill
9/10/2009, 10:43 PM
Looking at the top Ten 15, we still have much of our destiny in our own hands, obviously that is considering that we get things turned around and get SB back.

Without any upsets at all

Florida, Bama, LSu, Ole Miss 2 of those 4 will lose gauranteed and likely 3
Texas and Osu will lose atleast one because of head to head, we play both
Penn St and Ohio st, one of these are gauranteed to lose
Usc and Cal, one of those are gauranteed to lose
USC and Ohio st, one of those are gauranteed to lose

BYU still has to play TCU, Utah, and Florida st. so there is a good chance they lose

Im not going to break down all of the scenarios but you all get the point. As long as we win we are going to move way up. Now we do play some really tough games still so winning is no gaurantee but this 1st loss doesnt end our year guys.

Weve all had the chance to be pissed, pout, cuss, etc...now its time to go out and help this team win some big games

BOOMER!

Dayum skippy
WE got a serious wake up call last week.
I believe THIS TEAM will play like they are demon possesd from here on out :cool:

footballfanatic
9/10/2009, 10:50 PM
Why didn't you just decide to play like a demon starting at game 1?

OUAlumni1990
9/10/2009, 10:51 PM

we thought it was preseason. didn't get the memo in time...

tulsaoilerfan
9/10/2009, 11:03 PM
If this team can win out they deserve another chance to play for the National Championship, but i don't think the voters will give us that chance

Collier11
9/10/2009, 11:28 PM
well to win out we will have beaten Kansas, Nebraska, and Miami on the road as well as Texas neutral and Osu at home, pretty salty

olevetonahill
9/10/2009, 11:43 PM

Why dint Yall play a ranked team to start at a Neutral field ?
Lose yer Starting QB and not have yer Starting TE in the game ?

Naw, Yall played a punannie team and still dint blow em out .
Go way whorn
you and lid just pizz me off :rolleyes: