PDA

View Full Version : Sooners in the NFL week 1

ndpruitt03
9/10/2009, 01:53 PM
Here's the guys I can come up with that are on the rosters/practice squads. I may have missed someone.

Atlanta Falcons-Curtis Lofton is starting
Baltimore Ravens-3 starters Mark Clayton, Kelly Gregg, Chris Chester, Clayton will be limited due to injury.
Buffalo Bills-Nic Harris is a 2nd team OLB
Carolina Panthers-Duke Robinson is the backup RG
Chicago Bears-Tommie Harris is an all pro, Juaquin Iglasias is listed as a 3rd string WR
Cincinnati Bengals-Roy Williams is starting
Cleveland Browns-Brodney Pool is starting
Dallas Cowboys-Manny Johnson is on the practice squad
Jacksonville Jaguars - Clint Ingram is starting
Kansas City Chiefs Mark Bradley is starting
Minnesota Vikings-Adrian Peterson is an all pro, Loadholt is starting.
New Orleans Saints-Jammal Brown is an all pro, Remi Ayodele is the backup Nose Tackle, Garrett Hartley is suspended and it's not a guarantee that he takes the job back when his suspension ends.
New York Giants-Rhett Bomar and Allen Patrick are on the practice squad.
San Francisco 49ers-Brandon Jones will probably start when he gets healthy in a few weeks, Reggie Smith is the backup SS
St. Louis Rams-Eric Bassey is hurt, CJ Ah You is a 3rd team DE
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Davin Joseph is starting, Jimmy Wilkerson is starting, Donte Nicholson is injured
Washington Redskins Malcolm Kelly is starting, Lendy Holmes is on the practice squad

CtheB
9/10/2009, 02:56 PM
Serious about Hartley? I don't think he missed a kick last year, and they replaced him with John Carney, who is all of 45 years old. If they weren't going to keep him, wouldn't they have brought somebody in that was younger? I think that job is his when he returns.

ndpruitt03
9/10/2009, 04:54 PM
Serious about Hartley? I don't think he missed a kick last year, and they replaced him with John Carney, who is all of 45 years old. If they weren't going to keep him, wouldn't they have brought somebody in that was younger? I think that job is his when he returns.

He didn't do that well in the preseason. Even missed a 31 yard kick.

Collier11
9/10/2009, 05:11 PM
Hartley will likely have his job once he comes back but they probably wouldnt wait long to cut him if he had a bad start to the year

CtheB
9/10/2009, 05:13 PM

Sure, but that's preseason, like exhibition games at new stadiums. They really don't count, do they?

SCxxSOONER
9/10/2009, 06:45 PM
Jamaal Brown is having hip surgery and will be out for 5 wks

GKeeper316
9/10/2009, 07:44 PM

what else can you expect from a kicker hopped up on amphetamines?

Soonerfan88
9/10/2009, 08:11 PM
Jon Cooper is on the Vikings practice squad. He was 2nd team until they signed a center off waivers from Denver.

RedstickSooner
9/11/2009, 06:59 AM
What about Dvoracek and Chicago?

Sooner Among The Pack
9/11/2009, 08:06 AM
Not to veer too far off topic, saw the Nike "Pro Combat" AD commercial for the first time during the Steelers/Titans last night and it is SICK!!

I'm hoping Bradley has a good season in KC. If Cassel can get back on the field and stay healthy, I think he's got a good shot. Looked great at the end of last year.

spacecadet
9/11/2009, 08:37 AM
Dusty D. was cut as was Nicholson and bassey

Collier11
9/11/2009, 08:43 AM
What about Dvoracek and Chicago?

He got hurt again and was cut

ndpruitt03
9/11/2009, 09:43 AM
Dusty D. was cut as was Nicholson and bassey

All 3 were injured, and Nicholson and Bassey are still listed as on their rosters. Dusty isn't.