PDA

View Full Version : BYU fans

beer4me
9/10/2009, 07:39 AM
The few morons that showed up here on the boards aside:

Met several while in r-ling-tun and they were quite gracious never heard a bad word from them.

We had 3 sitting behind us and they were students which one would expect to be the most radical.

But they were actually quite friendly and in fact one was using his cell phone to catch up with other scores as Jerry’s World would not show any and each time he got a update he made sure that he let us know.

Congratulated them at the end and no smack talk back to us at all and wished us luck.

gaylordfan1
9/10/2009, 07:49 AM
The few morons that showed up here on the boards aside:

Met several while in r-ling-tun and they were quite gracious never heard a bad word from them.

We had 3 sitting behind us and they were students which one would expect to be the most radical.

But they were actually quite friendly and in fact one was using his cell phone to catch up with other scores as Jerry’s World would not show any and each time he got a update he made sure that he let us know.

Congratulated them at the end and no smack talk back to us at all and wished us luck.

+1
I second that. I never heard a thing from them. Which is weird, bc I was talking smack all game. I was impressed with their attitude.

Desert Sapper
9/10/2009, 07:49 AM
What did you expect? Just because they wanted to beat us at football doesn't make them bad people. The biggest reason people are d***s at football games is alcohol. Sure didn't need to worry about that with the mormons coming to town.

beer4me
9/10/2009, 08:00 AM
What did you expect? Just because they wanted to beat us at football doesn't make them bad people. The biggest reason people are d***s at football games is alcohol. Sure didn't need to worry about that with the mormons coming to town.

Never said nor implied anywhere that they were bad people. But been to many games where the fans were jerks and many times alcohol was not a factor.

TCU comes to mind (albeit some of those were toasted) :D

I was just posting a report on MY experiances with the BYU fans.

unbiasedtruth
9/10/2009, 08:01 AM
for the most part I agree.... said good luck, heres to a good game, have fun to a group of BYU fans before the game while sipping a beer. one of the ladies in the group turned to me and said oh we will and we will remember it too unlike your drunken self. whats funny I was the DD to the game and had taken a few sips of my 1st beer of the day at that time..... this was about 45 minutes before kickoff....

beer4me
9/10/2009, 08:09 AM
for the most part I agree.... said good luck, heres to a good game, have fun to a group of BYU fans before the game while sipping a beer. one of the ladies in the group turned to me and said oh we will and we will remember it too unlike your drunken self. whats funny I was the DD to the game and had taken a few sips of my 1st beer of the day at that time..... this was about 45 minutes before kickoff....

lol

We drove into Ft Worth to the Majestic LS to get a few things and some texas beer for my wife to bring home and the store was full of OU fans.

We were checking out and the lady that was checking us out remarked there are a lot of OU fans in here (she was a OU fan).

I told her yea we were here to help their business because we knew there were not going to be any BYU folks coming in. That cracked her up :D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2009, 08:10 AM
most of the posters on one of their boards said the same things about the OU fans

Gresho Murford
9/10/2009, 10:25 AM
not that it would have changed anything but I wouldn't have been talking smack if we beat a top 3 team without their best receiver and half the game without their heisman winning QB. I don't talk smack anyways but if we would have beat UF last year if harvin was out and Tebow was hurt than I definitely would not have

Jello Biafra
9/10/2009, 10:27 AM
not that it would have changed anything but I wouldn't have been talking smack if we beat a top 3 team without their best receiver and half the game without their heisman winning QB. I don't talk smack anyways but if we would have beat UF last year if harvin was out and Tebow was hurt than I definitely would not have

pffft. i would have. not doubt about it. in a good way. certainly.