PDA

View Full Version : Some stats from texass game that might be foreboding

SoonerShay
9/10/2009, 01:41 AM
They played UL Monroe from the Sun Belt Conference
Team went 4 - 8 last year and was obviously garbage

They gave up 31 sacks last year(2nd to last in sunbelt), texass had 0 sacks against them

They had 13 total sacks all of last year, texass gave up 2( could of been late in the game though)
They even had more TFL's against texass than we gave up against BYU.

Vs. their non-conference they averaged 107 yards rushing per game
texass allowed 101 yards rushing

They averaged giving up almost 7 TFL a game, texass had 6.

They were the worst team in the sunbelt with 7 total interceptions.
They got an interception against texass

They averaged 15 points against the non conference and got 20 against texass.

Now I know we lost and they won their game, and really as of now that is all that matters. I just think these stats are pretty telling, that the texass Dline is weak and did not reload. They just faced a horrible opponent that couldn't exploit it.

I'm sure the jackoffs are soaking in OUr inept first game, but they better beware. They just might not be as good as they think they are.

LawtonBoy74
9/10/2009, 01:51 AM
Well those stats dont really mean too much because it was just the first game, and texas will be jacked up when they play us and so will we...but with all that said it is pretty sad that they couldn't get one sack against those guys.. i wish I could see the game that way I'd have a better feel about it

beer4me
9/10/2009, 04:59 AM
Come Oct that will mean nothing :cool:

Desert Sapper
9/10/2009, 06:25 AM
I just hope we are 1000X more ready to play at RRS than we were against BYU.

Jacie
9/10/2009, 06:27 AM
As bad as their win looks in the Box Score, it just makes me wish OUr team had played Idaho State as the first game of the season . . .

adoniijahsooner
9/10/2009, 07:26 AM
Well those stats dont really mean too much because it was just the first game, and texas will be jacked up when they play us and so will we...but with all that said it is pretty sad that they couldn't get one sack against those guys.. i wish I could see the game that way I'd have a better feel about it

http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7201

CK Sooner
9/10/2009, 07:47 AM
Texas's Defensive Line is going to be their Downfall.

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2009, 07:47 AM

They gave up 31 sacks last year(2nd to last in sunbelt), texass had 0 sacks against them

Actually, we had one sack and played a very vanilla defense. The stunts and blitzes were kept to a minimum. Kindle played a total of 31 snaps the entire game. A starting linebacker (Norton) was hurt at the start of the second half and did not return. In addition, a lot of youth was played including Alex Okafor.. a true freshman at DE who looked very promising. Oh.. last year.. Texas had 0 sacks in the first game.

They had 13 total sacks all of last year, texass gave up 2( could of been late in the game though)

If I recall correctly, they were.. against Texas 2nd and 3rd teamers.

32 yards came on back to back option plays. They also ran from the single wing (or whatever stupid "Wild-Whatever" formation about a 1/3 of the time).

A busted coverage resulted in a touchdown pass... a turnover and penalties gave them a short field against our 3rd team defense.

Now I know we lost and they won their game, and really as of now that is all that matters. I just think these stats are pretty telling, that the texass Dline is weak and did not reload. They just faced a horrible opponent that couldn't exploit it.

The Texas defensive line you will face has A LOT more speed than the Mormans... you will also see stunts and blitzes that your offensive line did not adjust to or block well against the Mormans.

We faced a horrible opponent that we could use as an exhibition game, get the rust off the veterans and allow younglings to have valuable game experience... including true freshman quarterback Garrett Gilbert.. who lead Texas on a long touchdown drive, had some crisp throws and looked very promising.

I'm sure the jackoffs are soaking in OUr inept first game, but they better beware. They just might not be as good as they think they are.

Actually, we don't know how good we can be... yet. Time and additional games will tell.

Desert Sapper
9/10/2009, 07:53 AM
Maybe we should forfeit the RRS now, Lid. You guys sound like the greatest football team in the history of the universe.:rolleyes:

Sooner-N-KS
9/10/2009, 08:40 AM
I went to the play by play, and it doesn't show what Lidig8r wants us to believe.

Colt was sacked twice in the first half (not the 2nd & 3rd teamers). He was also tackled for a loss (I assume an attempted run) where he fumbled the ball and recovered.

Add to that an interception thrown by Colt.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=292480251&period=0

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2009, 08:59 AM
I went to the play by play, and it doesn't show what Lidig8r wants us to believe.

Colt was sacked twice in the first half (not the 2nd & 3rd teamers). He was also tackled for a loss (I assume an attempted run) where he fumbled the ball and recovered.

Add to that an interception thrown by Colt.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=292480251&period=0

I don't want, nor care, for you to believe anything.

Typical first game foibles... Hell, Vondrell McGee lost 2 fumbles himself. (which is 2 more than all of Texas running backs lost last year).

Colt had an off game. By off game, I meant he only completed 72% of his passes. :rolleyes:

Believe what you want.. but, you will certainly know a lot more about players whose names end in Acho, Jones, Okafor.

Jello Biafra
9/10/2009, 09:00 AM
for such an educated prickk, you sure do need to go back to dictionary.com and look up how to spell mormOns.

Sooner-N-KS
9/10/2009, 09:05 AM

Then why did you try to make us believe something that wasn't true?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/10/2009, 09:07 AM
If you think the stats from that game are foreboding, what do you think the OU stats mean for the future?

Sooner-N-KS
9/10/2009, 09:07 AM
Colt had an off game. By off game, I meant he only completed 72% of his passes. :rolleyes:

......and an interception against a really bad team.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 09:25 AM
After our game on Saturday night, I'm not about to get all giddy for our chances against texass after week one, where they once again, lined up against St Mary's school for the armless.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 09:27 AM
If I were a texass fan, I would be a little pissed at the constant ooc schedule sans marquis opponents.

The only team they have coming up is a home and home with ucla in 2012! Dude, that's pathetic. Our upcoming ooc schedule is sick.

Sasakwa
9/10/2009, 09:35 AM
Thats the beauty of a weak opponent in an opening game, you can have lousy stats, fumbles, INTs, penalties, etc. and win by 40.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 09:38 AM
Thats the beauty of a weak opponent in an opening game, you can have lousy stats, fumbles, INTs, penalties, etc. and win by 40.

I'm definitely not against a warm up game in week one, but texas usually has three a season.

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2009, 09:46 AM
I'm definitely not against a warm up game in week one, but texas usually has three a season.

Especially when schools like Arkansas and Utah back out of games.

Oh... Ole Miss is also scheduled in the future.

Of course, when we played TCU in 2007 they were looked upon as patsies. When you played TCU in 2008, you looked upon them as powerhouses.

We're hoping to get dates with powerhouses like Tennessee Chattanooga and Potato State aggy as soon as possible as well. :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
9/10/2009, 10:01 AM

Of course, when we played TCU in 2007 they were looked upon as patsies. When you played TCU in 2008, you looked upon them as powerhouses.

We're hoping to get dates with powerhouses like Tennessee Chattanooga and Potato State aggy as soon as possible as well. :rolleyes:

o yeh and of course when we scheduled middle tenn after we had a team back out, you pole smokers were saying we were dodging REAL games etc. go sell your anal lube somewhere else, we've had all we can handle this week.

Speer
9/10/2009, 10:08 AM

Dude, UT's non-conference schedule is a joke. Deal with it.

Jello Biafra
9/10/2009, 10:14 AM
and so the worm has turned. we've gone from texas playing bad/worse than us, to lid telling us that the 3rd teamers looked bad against a terrible team, to game scheduling smack....i bet cashish, we are quickly heading in the direction of education/ mobile home smack

The Maestro
9/10/2009, 10:19 AM
Not sure why any OU fan would start looking for chinks in the Texas armor after what they saw in Arlington last Saturday. Plenty to focus on internally.

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2009, 10:24 AM
and so the worm has turned. we've gone from texas playing bad/worse than us, to lid telling us that the 3rd teamers looked bad against a terrible team, to game scheduling smack....i bet cashish, we are quickly heading in the direction of education/ mobile home smack

So, how about that rise in mobile home sales in the state of Oklahoma!

Oh.. I like how Ou dropped even further in the latest US News & World Report.. your school now ranks somewhere between primordial ooze and an amoeba!

There.. the cycle is complete. Lock thread.

Position Limit
9/10/2009, 10:38 AM
texas has this little thing going for them that OU sorely lacks. their defense is nails and has attitiude. OU not so much. i hate it that it's come to this but this role reversal is the reason for the lack of success the last few years.

Speer
9/10/2009, 10:42 AM
So, how about that rise in mobile home sales in the state of Oklahoma!

Oh.. I like how Ou dropped even further in the latest US News & World Report.. your school now ranks somewhere between primordial ooze and an amoeba!

There.. the cycle is complete. Lock thread.

Can't lock the thread, you haven't accused anyone of "aggie" yet.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 11:31 AM

Hardly marquis to the likes of ND, FSU, Tenn, Mia...

Wasn't listed as an upcoming foe on the ut athletic site.

I'd like to see where tcu was not considered a decent opponent by someone on here. Yet, not marquis.

Bringing up our opps in UTC and ISu only make my point , I said I like a warm up before some real teams roll into Norman or we go to them.
Let's see, we played Cincy and tcu last year.
Your big foes were Rice and Arkie?
close, no cigar

2007: CFU and tcu? Nothing BIG on the ooc sched since tOSU.

I guess we can give you guys credit for going to Wyoming!:rolleyes:

SoonerShay
9/10/2009, 12:56 PM
Not sure why any OU fan would start looking for chinks in the Texas armor after what they saw in Arlington last Saturday. Plenty to focus on internally.

I'm looking at them because I want to, I'm sure me starting another thread on how someone was inept in our first game is going to change the way we play saturday.
You promise me my ideas for what needs to be done get to Stoops and he uses them, then I will focus just on our problems....... so anyway......

Colt McCoy clearly got sacked, he had 6 rushing attempts for -8 yards in the first half
http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/leader/25354/player/situational02/category01/sort01.html

If you think the stats from that game are foreboding, what do you think the OU stats mean for the future?
Well we had 4 sacks and 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles, we also had 10 TFL's. We gave up 1 sack and that was with Landry Jones, in the 3rd quarter. Almost all our things came from stupid repeated penalties, dropped passes in key situations and Bradford getting hurt. We played a competent opponent, and when you don't come to play they can beat you.

I know we lost, it's Thursday already. Wins and losses don't always tell the whole story and I hadn't looked at the texass game yet.

I also noticed that for Nebraska to have the Preseason defensive player of the year on their team. They had 0 sacks, only 3 TFL and gave up 122 yards rushing to Florida Atlantic.

o_shaw
9/10/2009, 01:10 PM

I'd like to see where tcu was not considered a decent opponent by someone on here. Yet, not marquis.

Bringing up our opps in UTC and ISu only make my point , I said I like a warm up before some real teams roll into Norman or we go to them.
close, no cigar

2007: CFU and tcu? Nothing BIG on the ooc sched since tOSU.

I guess we can give you guys credit for going to Wyoming!:rolleyes:

The word is "marquee". Every time I see you write marquis I think of a football team wearing poofy shirts.

TexasLidig8r
9/10/2009, 01:11 PM

close, no cigar

Oh yes. .pulleezeee... 5 years ago, your AD forecast that flippin Cincy would be able to overcome a century of mediocre football at best.. and win a conference that the 6th place team in the Big XII would have won last year.

Get off the Cincy is a quality opponent diatribe... :rolleyes:

And again.. TCU is a wash for both of us.

Rice is routinely on the schedule to throw a bone to Houston area recruits.

As an aside.. I think the Big XII should petition the NCAA for a 13th game for everyone... then, do away with the championship game and everyone plays everyone else in conference.. which leaves you with 2 non-conference games a year and a true champion.

sooneron
9/10/2009, 01:22 PM
Doesn't matter if we thought cincy to be a doormat, they aren't now. Oh, by the way, they were scheduled two years ago! durr durrr!!!

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080707aac.html

Once again, this is about big time opponents, of which texas has had ONE home and home with this decade.

I guess you like the almighty horned frogs or hogs visiting austin as your one "monster" ooc game. That's ok, if you like the mid major powerhouses. Just admit it and say , "I don't like big league teams on the uterus ooc sched."

UTSINCE96
9/10/2009, 01:34 PM

Texas didn't get a sack their first couple of games last year either. Who led the nation in sacks again last year?

sooneron
9/10/2009, 01:35 PM
Texas didn't get a sack their first couple of games last year either. Who led the nation in sacks again last year?

You know this was pointed out about 8 posts back, right?:rolleyes:

UTSINCE96
9/10/2009, 01:43 PM
You know this was pointed out about 8 posts back, right?:rolleyes:

I apologize for not reading the thread like a lawyer before I responded to something that caught my eye.

Jello Biafra
9/10/2009, 02:03 PM
I apologize for not reading the thread like a lawyer before I responded to something that caught my eye.

dear god,

please make this go away. the horn lawyers are breeding like vietnamese prostitues in the middle of a shore leave and i don't think the board can take this much "crap" this early in the season. If you can see your way to take care of this problem, I will never question sic'ems schsuality again.

in baby jesus' name, amen.

SoonerShay
9/10/2009, 02:05 PM
Yeah I know you didn't get a sack in the first game last year. You played Florida Atlantic and believe it or not they were actually very good at sacks allowed only giving up 15 sacks all year.

UL Monroe on the other hand was a joke and gave up double that with 31.

cjames317
9/10/2009, 02:20 PM
Haughty horns make for good eatin.

47straight
9/10/2009, 02:24 PM

Typical first game foibles... Hell, Vondrell McGee had two carries himself. (which is 2 more than all of Texas running backs had last year).

Believe what you want.. but, you will certainly know a lot more about players whose names end in Acho, Jones, Okafor.

Fixed.

hobbes2702
9/10/2009, 02:58 PM
Texas had zero sacks in game one last year againt FAU and gave up over 400 total yards including over 275 passing. They finished the season leading the nation in sacks and with the best scoring defense in the Big12. First game against that kind of opponent doesn't mean anything. We ran about the most vanilla defense I have seen under Muschamp

SoonerShay
9/10/2009, 03:14 PM
Texas had zero sacks in game one last year againt FAU and gave up over 400 total yards including over 275 passing. They finished the season leading the nation in sacks and with the best scoring defense in the Big12. First game against that kind of opponent doesn't mean anything. We ran about the most vanilla defense I have seen under Muschamp

Wait so your first game, your team did look that great and you ended up being pretty good later on? Wow, you would think that isn't possible with a team, they way longhorn fans act from OUr first game.

Who would of thunk it!

oupride
9/10/2009, 03:41 PM
I know the stats really don't mean much, but thanks for the post.

TXBOOMER
9/10/2009, 03:50 PM
Come Oct that will mean nothing :cool:

Doesn't mean anything now either, other than they are 1 - 0. F texass!

utex74
9/10/2009, 10:13 PM

I was there and thought we were sloppy. Colt wasn't as sharp as usual. I think 9 true freshmen played, two on the defensive line. Played straight defense with no stunts or blitzes but still should have gotten a sack or two. Not stellar but not the worst UT opener I have seen. Gives the team plenty to work on.

First game kinks. You know how those are. And I hope Sammy is back for Oct. 17.

beer4me
9/10/2009, 10:17 PM
Doesn't mean anything now either, other than they are 1 - 0. F texass!

they don't anything to me now 1 - 0 or 100 - 0 :D :D :D :D

footballfanatic
9/10/2009, 10:34 PM
I'm looking at them because I want to, I'm sure me starting another thread on how someone was inept in our first game is going to change the way we play saturday.
You promise me my ideas for what needs to be done get to Stoops and he uses them, then I will focus just on our problems....... so anyway......

Colt McCoy clearly got sacked, he had 6 rushing attempts for -8 yards in the first half
http://www.cfbstats.com/2009/leader/25354/player/situational02/category01/sort01.html

Well we had 4 sacks and 2 interceptions and 2 forced fumbles, we also had 10 TFL's. We gave up 1 sack and that was with Landry Jones, in the 3rd quarter. Almost all our things came from stupid repeated penalties, dropped passes in key situations and Bradford getting hurt. We played a competent opponent, and when you don't come to play they can beat you.

I know we lost, it's Thursday already. Wins and losses don't always tell the whole story and I hadn't looked at the texass game yet.

I also noticed that for Nebraska to have the Preseason defensive player of the year on their team. They had 0 sacks, only 3 TFL and gave up 122 yards rushing to Florida Atlantic.

You were hopelessly out-coached (as usual) Your players made laughable mistakes, esp the line. You embarrassed your school and along with Colorado, the Big 12.

Congrats. Wait to see you see what our non-rush does to your new QB.

tulsaoilerfan
9/10/2009, 11:01 PM
Why the hell are we even worried about Texas right now? there are 3 games before them that right now scare the hell out of me

olevetonahill
9/11/2009, 12:19 AM
Why the hell are we even worried about Texas right now? there are 3 games before them that right now scare the hell out of me

I aint worried bout saxet OR the games between NOW and then.
WE gonna win or we wont .
I believe we will
jes sayin

murray1430
9/11/2009, 01:01 AM
Toilet "Lid" can talk all the crap he wants about schedule. Did their strength of schedule or lack there of come back to bite them last year?

hobbes2702
9/11/2009, 02:16 AM
Murray you realize the main reason that OU finished ahead of Texas in the computers is because some of the computers don't count yalls game against Tenn-Chatt because they are 1AA therefore they didn't hurt your strength of schedule

47straight
9/11/2009, 02:18 PM
You were hopelessly out-coached (as usual) Your players made laughable mistakes, esp the line. You embarrassed your school and along with Colorado, the Big 12.

I heard Muschamp's secret new defensive scheme this year is to yell both f-bomb's AND g-d's!

I don't know about my offensive line, but I sure is skeered!

Jello Biafra
9/11/2009, 03:10 PM
Murray you realize the main reason that OU finished ahead of Texas in the computers is because some of the computers don't count yalls game against Tenn-Chatt because they are 1AA therefore they didn't hurt your strength of schedule

but, i also didnt help it. you DO realize that right?

SouthFortySooner
9/11/2009, 03:32 PM
TEXAS REPRESENTS US IN THE BIG XII! Having said that, **** texis

sooneron
9/16/2009, 11:06 AM
I'm still waiting for a whorn to man up and say, "Yes, I like our current chicken**** ooc scheduling as it stands. One "decent" mid major and cupcakes."

edit: of course expecting a whorn fan to "man up" is a fruitless task. Fruitless, may be a wrong choice for a word here. :D

meoveryouxinfinity
9/16/2009, 12:37 PM

Typical first game foibles... Hell, Vondrell McGee lost 2 fumbles himself. (which is 2 more than all of Texas running backs lost last year).

TEXAS HAD RUNNING BACKS LAST YEAR?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Desert Sapper
9/16/2009, 02:31 PM
Even if we had played a crappy mid major in place of UTC last year or even if we played a crappy mid major in place of Idaho State this year, our strength of schedule would still be much greater than that of Texas. They all know it. The funny thing is that there is only one team with a better home record than us in all of FBS this decade - Boise. Decent teams still continue to play us. Are teams really running scared from Texas or is Texas deliberately gumming up the works so they can claim these teams don't 'want' to play them? I'd vote for the latter. Could be an under the table 'severance', too.

It's on the internet now. It must be fact.

josh09
9/16/2009, 04:57 PM
The thing thats gonna decide our game is OUr D against their offense. So we'll see what happens.

CrimsonJim
9/16/2009, 05:19 PM
I still just love this little tid bit:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2670174&postcount=32

CK Sooner
9/16/2009, 05:32 PM
Nice.

theresonly1OU
9/16/2009, 06:22 PM

As far as embarrassments go, try scheduling an actual opponent OOC before you open your UTerus and pass judgement on OUr team, ok sport?

East Coast Bias
9/16/2009, 07:15 PM
Jello, that is some funny s----, you should be on HBO.

nytehorn
9/16/2009, 07:22 PM
Everyone!! In my lifetime, it doesn't matter if Texas is #1 and OU #100, or vice versa, it will be a total fight!! By October 17th, all will be fixed by both teams! Getting ready for a lot of hand wringing and sweating during the game.

Desert Sapper
9/17/2009, 08:46 AM
The thing thats gonna decide our game is OUr D against their offense. So we'll see what happens.

I'm thinking the opposite. Our O and their D will decide the game. Way I figure it, one of em will have to step it up by then. I just hope it's the good guys.

Statalyzer
9/17/2009, 11:48 AM

I like how you named four schools that had worse teams than Utah last year...

Jello Biafra
9/17/2009, 01:11 PM
Jello, that is some funny s----, you should be on HBO.

i am on Home Box Office when she allows me.....

:P