PDA

View Full Version : The thing that bugs me most about the offense Saturday

tulsaoilerfan
9/9/2009, 08:33 PM
Maybe i'm alone on this, but with Landry in the game, why were we still running the same Meerkat offense that we run with Sam in the game? Maybe it would have been best to just call the play and let him run with it instead of expecting him to run the same offense that a 3 year starter is running? This loss and the Texas loss last year make me think that neither BV nor KW have any sort of secondary plan when they lose their most important player on their side of the ball.

I can't imagine that a kid that is thrust into a game like this would be comfortable doing all that looking to the sideline and constantly waiting on the play to be sent in

Fire away

madillsoonerfan5353
9/9/2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe i'm alone on this, but with Landry in the game, why were we still running the same Meerkat offense that we run with Sam in the game? Maybe it would have been best to just call the play and let him run with it instead of expecting him to run the same offense that a 3 year starter is running? This loss and the Texas loss last year make me think that neither BV nor KW have any sort of secondary plan when they lose their most important player on their side of the ball.

I can't imagine that a kid that is thrust into a game like this would be comfortable doing all that looking to the sideline and constantly waiting on the play to be sent in

Fire away

I'm with you, and I think that even with Bradford in the game we should of started with some quick easy throws and got everybody's feet wet! With the new line and all, and then opened things up! Remember we didn't look that good against Tenn.-Chatt. last year!

OUHOMER
9/9/2009, 09:09 PM
Dont they all practice the same offense?

JLEW1818
9/9/2009, 09:12 PM
i really couldn't tell much, i was so hammered i could hardly see the field....

one thing i do remember is a bunch of yellow things on the field

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 09:13 PM
The thing that bugs me is not scoring 2 more points.

Curly Bill
9/9/2009, 09:18 PM
How many passes was it by our Heisman winning QB in the 1st half? Six?

Yeah, that's what bugs me.

cvsooner
9/9/2009, 09:24 PM
No. 14. Ten of 14 for Bradford. Six of 12 for Jones.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/9/2009, 09:28 PM
Seemed like Tennell(sp) heard feetsteps all night! The wideouts need to have open treeouts! Byu was pretty good in coverage, from my section anyways!

Jdog
9/9/2009, 09:40 PM
FOLKS -- it ain't about the offense that we run --- it's about the first and 25s. 3 off sides Penelties in a row = bad coaching of fundementals and lack of preperation. That was the most overconfident coaching staff, team and fan base that I've seen at OU since our Orange Bowl lose to Arkansas in the late 70's.
FSU will Kick BYU's Butt.

madillsoonerfan5353
9/9/2009, 09:49 PM
FOLKS -- it ain't about the offense that we run --- it's about the first and 25s. 3 off sides Penelties in a row = bad coaching of fundementals and lack of preperation. That was the most overconfident coaching staff, team and fan base that I've seen at OU since our Orange Bowl lose to Arkansas in the late 70's.
FSU will Kick BYU's Butt.

I agree, but when you have an All- American QB he is gonna be on a higher scale than a Redshirt Freshman! They should of had a backup plan. Most of what happened on Saturday is on the coaching staff IMO!! I do think that the wideouts for the most part sucked, they need to get tougher!