PDA

View Full Version : putting the loss in perspective

getrdone
9/9/2009, 11:25 AM
I was at the game and was dissappointed like many of you. Here are a couple of thoughts since the loss as to why maybe we are so dissappointed.

1-osu hosted Georgia in what many called the biggest game in the history of the program

2-byu player after the game commenting on how beating us was the biggest win in the history of their program

3-tech beating texas last year and calling it the biggest win in the history of their program

All 3 of those games have one thing in common-they are regular season games, and not title games or bowl games, or big 12 title games. we have won 6 big 12 titles and have chance to win 3rd in a row and #7 this year-although not a huge chance right now-

we are Oklahoma and have high expectations-the loss is frustrating but i would much rather be on this end than trying to call a regular season game the biggest win or game in our program's history.

And lastly, i hope the pokes come in undefeated and ranked #1 or 2 come Nov. 28th because it will be sweet to crush their dream season just like we crushed tech's last year

Boomer Sooner!

OUmillenium
9/9/2009, 11:33 AM
4th in a row, we won 3rd in a row last year