PDA

View Full Version : OT - Chiggers

w0lfe
9/9/2009, 08:25 AM
So to get off the gloom and doom, does anyone have a good remedy for getting rid of chiggers. Its unreal that I have hunted and fished all my life and never have gotten a bad case of chiggers until Monday. These little boogers are eating me alive

OKLA21FAN
9/9/2009, 08:31 AM
clone thread title alert set it red! :gary:

SteelClip49
9/9/2009, 09:46 AM
one cure is to post in the South Oval first.... Dr. OleVet will provide some good remedies!

SoonerPr8r
9/9/2009, 09:56 AM
They are called Chigroes. This is a PC world we are living in sir!

Jello Biafra
9/9/2009, 10:05 AM
They are called Chigroes. This is a PC world we are living in sir!

that would be insect americans?

Monster Zero
9/9/2009, 11:10 AM
So to get off the gloom and doom, does anyone have a good remedy for getting rid of chiggers. Its unreal that I have hunted and fished all my life and never have gotten a bad case of chiggers until Monday. These little boogers are eating me alive

A dab of your wife's nail polish right where the little (*&^$% bit you. He's still in there, and the nail polish suffocates him. (It helps to keep a bottle of CLEAR handy, but non-clear will work too.)

SoonerLB
9/9/2009, 11:23 AM
Old-timers around here say putting a line of vaseline around your leg around the top of your sock stops upward progress, and some bug spray on shoes and socks helps deter them.

Theskipster
9/9/2009, 11:27 AM
If it's been less than two days since the attack and you haven't already, take a shower. Use soap, a washcloth, and hot water.

Also wash the infected clothes in HOT (125 degrees or better) water and detergent in the washing machine before wearing those clothes again.

Chiggers don't fare well on humans because they are very easily dislodged. Put some antihistamine on them to help with the itch and feel good knowing that every chigger larva who bit you will die within hours and never become an adult because they chose to try and feed on you.

XFollower
9/9/2009, 11:42 AM
Aresol hairspray works

TXBOOMER
9/9/2009, 11:44 AM
Aresol hairspray works

Darn right! Aqua Net to be specific.

zeke
9/9/2009, 12:36 PM
Get in the shower, use the hand help sprayer if you have one, and gradually heat the water up while spraying the bites until you can hardly stand it. Then go the the next area that the little sabertoothed buzzards have gotten to.
Thats what I do and it seems to sooth for a while.
Usually about 7 or 8 days of aggrivation will cure the itch too.

SoonerAficionadOU
9/9/2009, 01:07 PM
Scratch them really well, until they're all exposed, and blast them with Right Guard Deodorant Spray. Stings like hell for a second, but kills them on contact. Also, Skin-So-Soft dabbed on with a cotton ball works well. Take a pair of Benadryl to ease the itchiness.

Theskipster
9/9/2009, 01:30 PM
Scratch them really well, until they're all exposed, and blast them with Right Guard Deodorant Spray. Stings like hell for a second, but kills them on contact. Also, Skin-So-Soft dabbed on with a cotton ball works well. Take a pair of Benadryl to ease the itchiness.

You can't really believe this. Can you?

There are only two correct facts in your post. Benadryl can ease the itchiness and right guard sprayed into a tender open wound stings like hell.

unbiasedtruth
9/9/2009, 02:01 PM
dang wish I kew how to spell this..... cotton ball and camphoneke (sp) all my granny used to use on me running woods and creeks on their farm up in Deleware County during the summer.... soak the cotton ball and hold where those little red mites ate you up.....

Jello Biafra
9/9/2009, 02:10 PM
my grandparents used to wait till we scratched our selves up real good and then bathed us in bleech. good times. nothing like being 7 years old and running around the yard feeling like your skin is melting. ;)

cvsooner
9/9/2009, 02:13 PM
dang wish I kew how to spell this..... cotton ball and camphoneke (sp) all my granny used to use on me running woods and creeks on their farm up in Deleware County during the summer.... soak the cotton ball and hold where those little red mites ate you up.....

Campho Phenique. It stinks, too.

2Dogs
9/9/2009, 02:16 PM
scratch em up good and hit them with rubbing alcohol. Burns like fire, but it works.

batonrougesooner
9/9/2009, 02:23 PM
Eight shots of whiskey in quick succession will raise your blood alcohol level rapidly enough achieve an adequate concentration in your subcutaneous capillary beds to allow for a quick death of the things.