PDA

View Full Version : Other B12 Team Boards...

SoonerEmpire
9/9/2009, 02:27 AM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to compile a list of all the major message boards for Big XII schools. Besides our own (obviously), I know of:

1. hornfans.com
2. texags.com
3. baylorfans.com
4. huskerpedia.com
5. orangepower.com

I still need:

6. Texas Tech
7. Colorado
8. Missouri
9. Kansas
10. K-state
11. Iowa State

Anyone know the board URL's for teams 6 through 11 above?

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 02:45 AM
Do the others only have one? There are a gazillion Sooner boards out there.

I only play on this one and a more exclusive one, but I just thought I'd ask.

And stay off that Baylor board unless you actually enjoy 80 ads per page!

SoonerEmpire
9/9/2009, 02:54 AM
I'm sure the others have more than one. The boards I listed are the boards that seem like the major and/or the "best" boards for each team to me, at least.

Soonerfans is the only board I really ever frequent consistently. Every once in a while I stop by ouinsider to see what people over there are talking about, but I don't like it near as much as soonerfans. Soonerfans is home for me. But I would like to complete my list, though. Sometimes it's interesting to see what fans around the conference think is the big news of the day. Not that what they have to say is worth much, if anything... but interesting, none the less.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 02:57 AM
Soonerfans is certainly more fun than the other major boards.

SicEmBaylor
9/9/2009, 03:09 AM
http://www.greengoldreport.com/forum/ is a better alternative to ridiculous number of ads on Baylorfans.

Crucifax Autumn
9/9/2009, 03:10 AM
That's a big improvement.

Lott's Bandana
9/9/2009, 05:47 AM
phog.net is KU's site and is very similar to SF in their mindset. I enjoy their perspective.

Basketball-heavy, they are for the most part OU friendly and big fans of Blake Griffin. Their basketball tradition and expectations are similar to ours in football.

They also are funny as hell, with their Hightower thread making it to Sports Illustrated.

prrriiide
9/9/2009, 06:29 AM
I beilieve that this site:

http://www.huskerjournal.com/forums.html

has links to all of the NCAA D-1 CFB program's message boards, as well as some FCS programs.

SoonerEmpire
9/9/2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks everyone!

Rhino
9/9/2009, 01:22 PM
I beilieve that this site:

http://www.huskerjournal.com/forums.html

has links to all of the NCAA D-1 CFB program's message boards, as well as some FCS programs. this.

badger
9/9/2009, 01:36 PM
texags is the funniest Big 12 board you will view (other than our fark board and occasionally our south oval, of course). At OP, you'll find fellow Oklahomans (good!) who just like to tell you to "eat crow" over and over for the 16 times we've lost (bad!) before expelling you to the Badlem and Flame area (not worth the trouble). Hornfans isn't worth checking out because of how slow that board gets with their billions of alumni.

At texags, you will find a daily rant on freshmen yelling "uncover and hump it," a funny phrase even if you don't know the meaning behind it. You will also witness hourly rants on how each and every poster is the last of old army... except for current students, who between yelling "uncover" say that the alumni don't stand and don't pull their weight on making Kyle Field loud.

Plus, the general feeling that Aggies do not "exceed expectation" because expectations are impossible to meet, the board inevitably complains about ticket prices being too high for an inferior football team.

All in all, a must-read if you need a break from sf.com.

TexasLidig8r
9/9/2009, 01:45 PM
orangebloods.com... you can watch Scholtzie mix it up big time with sooners on the free board over there.... (Herr Scholz used to post here)

burntorangenation.com is pretty good in terms of articles.

barkingcarnival.com is more comedic value but has links to other good sites as well.

finally.. shaggybevo.com is more of a free for all, bring your smack and obscenities have been known to fly.

OSUAggie
9/9/2009, 04:14 PM
I think Tech's most active board is their scout board...

texastech.scout.com or something of the like.

tigerboard.com for Mizzou... Its format sucks.

L Buff
9/9/2009, 05:43 PM
Netbuffs is the busiest CU board, but the format sucks and it has more than its share of yahoos on it.

IMO Allbuffs is the best CU board (http://www.allbuffs.com/) ... needless to say after last Sunday's debacle it's in meltdown mode. :(